Why did rush freeze brody ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did rush freeze brody ?

to get some 'real' data or teach eli a lesson ?

so which one is it

Pretty sure it was to teach Eli a lesson (in a relatively light hearted way) and to show who's boss. He gave Eli a chance, to ignore the status pods and wait, yet his little 'test' showed Eli just ignored him and did whatever he wanted.

IMO, when Rush mentions to Volker that he ran a diagnostic and it was 'very informative', he was referring to how he must have then got proof that Eli went behind his back and that he couldn't fix it himself - even with Chloe trying to assist (without Rush stepping in).

Comment

Based on his behavior, it definitely seems that he was doing it to teach him a lesson or just to mess with him. I don't see why he couldn't also use that situation to gather real data though.

Comment

Plausible deniability. Should something bad happen, he could have pointed the finger at Eli. Like a former commander I had. Always giving speaches about safety, so he couldn't be blamed, not because he had any real concern for anyone's safety except his own.

Comment

i think rush was just trying to teach eli a lesson not to mess with things he does really understand just yet

Comment

Or maybe he didn't want to lose access to Brody's still, so he made him think Eli did it.

Comment

Probably both, he killed two birds with one stone
              sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

mixture of teaching Eli (& by extension Brody) a lesson.... and having a bit of fun at their expense

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

It was to get data pure and simple. All he saw was that someone was in one of the stasis pods, he had no way of knowing if it was Eli or Brody, for all he knew, Eli could have been there alone.

The whole thing was Rush running a test on the viability of the stasis pods, under the pretense of "teaching a lesson". Rush never does things just to help somebody or just to have fun.

Another reason was to quell Eli's rebelliousness and solidify his position as the lead scientist and de-facto leader, a position that has been slipping away from him lately.

Comment

I say both

Comment

Or maybe he:

Spoiler:
                      downloaded Amanda's consciousness, just as a test.

Comment

I say to put Eli in his place and make him rethink the idea that Rush shouldn't be the leader, which just shows how devious Rush really is. He doesn't want Eli to be secure in himself so he put him down making him think he doesn't have the skill he should cause he couldn't figure out how to get Brody out. Another Rush attitude of I'm better than the rest of you.
                        Obviously not a Rush fan here
                        no means no, and so does pepper spray
                        Sig by The Carpenter
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                          I say to put Eli in his place and make him rethink the idea that Rush shouldn't be the leader, which just shows how devious Rush really is. He doesn't want Eli to be secure in himself so he put him down making him think he doesn't have the skill he should cause he couldn't figure out how to get Brody out. Another Rush attitude of I'm better than the rest of you.
                          Obviously not a Rush fan here
                          I agree completely. The episode started with Eli showing obvious dissent towards Rush, and everything Rush did in this episode was to put everyone of the scientists down and quell any rebellious thoughts.

He put Eli and Brody in their place with the stasis pod thing and he broke Volker's spirit with the "you could never have Park" speech.

It was all just Rush being his usual manipulative, jerkass self.

Comment

I hated the snide smile at the end when after he released Brody. Evil ...pure evil
                            no means no, and so does pepper spray
                            Sig by The Carpenter
                            sigpic

Comment

Well I for one loved that. Rush is so badass it's not even funny anymore... oh wait, it still is!
                              One Ring to rule the Dark Side
                              sigpic
                              Sith Nazghul

Comment

Working...
                              X