Thing they were eating at the end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thing they were eating at the end

I'm guessing that the thing they were eating at the end was the young creature they encountered on their way back, because I don't recall them having killed any others.

Up until that point, I really liked how they seemed to make peace with the creatures, but then they ended the episode with eating one of them, so it just felt wrong to me.

They ate a space deer, not a predator thing.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I was under the (possibly false) impression that the "deer" were just the "predators"' young.

Comment

The thing that got blown up was one of the predators young.

Comment

Originally posted by Flibby View Post
          I was under the (possibly false) impression that the "deer" were just the "predators"' young.
          Yes. Bright green space deer grow up into giant six-legged tiger things. It's like Pokemon, but in space.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

My reasoning was that they said that the predators recognized them as a threat to their young, and they first attacked when they were about to shoot one of the deer.

Comment

My reasoning was that they said that the predators recognized them as a threat to their young, and they first attacked when they were about to shoot one of the deer.
              or maybe they were just encroaching on the predators' food supply.

Comment

Yeah, thinking back now, that does seem to make more sense.
                I feel much better about this episode now that I know they weren't eating one of their babies. X)

Comment

The wouldn't be much of an eco system if the predators depended on their own young as a food source. Deer do not equal carnivores.

Comment

i did find the end ironic. they almost get killed trying to hunt a space deer (i like that), they then make peace saying they won't hurt anything, then they end up hunting a space deer anyway.
                    sigpic

Comment

i did find the end ironic. they almost get killed trying to hunt a space deer (i like that), they then make peace saying they won't hurt anything, then they end up hunting a space deer anyway.
                      Well they said they weren't going to kill the intelligent creature ie the predator tiger thing.

Or, just possibly, the moral got mixed by sloppy writing. It would not shock me.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                        Well they said they weren't going to kill the intelligent creature ie the predator tiger thing.

Or, just possibly, the moral got mixed by sloppy writing. It would not shock me.
                        Morals be damned, nothing gets in the way of tasty space venison.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                          Morals be damned, nothing gets in the way of tasty space venison.
                          MOAR SPACE TURKEY M6P. More Space Turkey.

Comment

i hated the "intelligent predator " thingey. it's a frakking predator with 4 legs. it didn't have a campfire of it's own so why would it be able to detect *ugh* intelligence?

Comment

I want to throw out some Park love! I'm a vegetarian too! Although, who knows what I'd be without my chips and salsa and wine.

I do think it was kinda stupid to be shooting right after being 'let go'. Don't escape, and then cause more ruckus! But it did help the story come full-circle nicely.
                              sigpic
                              Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
                              O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
                              Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
                              O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

Working...
                              X