X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Moments/Quotes/Becker's BBQ Recipe from 'The Hunt'

Moments, The:
    - Anything Greer.
    - Talk of eating meat and stuff. Imagine going vegetarian for ten months. Man it'd kill me, and if were onboard I'd start hunting on every planet for some space turkey.
    - TJ being Lieutenant TJ instead of Medic TJ for a bit there.
    - Rush messing with Eli and Brody, though I'll go into reasons for not liking it at the same time in the actual thread.

Quotes, None: Like, I really know there's one or two, but for the life of me I can't remember specifically. Ho hum. I know Brody's half-finished rant and Rush's nonchalant "Good Morning" to Eli over the radio are two, but damn my head is blanking. Oh, and Park and Volker's awkward "are you watching me sleep?" thing.

BBQ Recipes, Becker's: Take one pound of raw space deer meat, marinate in a mixture of alien tomato juice with a side of alien spices, cooked in Destiny's oven - wood stove, natch - for an hour and served on a spit with meat being cut up and handed out by the man who tried to kill you all in the incursion months earlier, and who is also sporting a major "so damn close" grudge from prior events. Enjoy the meal, even if you're in the friendzone for good. Ho hum.

So yeah. Go nuts.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Why did anyone tell Robert Carlyle how to pronounce "stasis"?

Comment

i loved the little smirk that rush had after Eli told him he was getting something to eat and then getting work. that was awesome!

Comment

awesome trick on the stasis pod.

oh and having a love on the ship must be a true pain. i mean, does anyone ever get privacy people?

Comment

The whole Rush knowing Eli & Brody were bound to fiddle with the stasis pods and using Brody as a guineapig. Excellent stuff!
          Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Definitely the end of the hunt. I was surprised by the ending. I thought it will be usual 'killing the beast' ritual. It turned out very touching and thoughtful. And Greer got his cool back, yay!

Greer rocks all over this ep. Chloe rocks. LA guys showed how hunters do real tracking. Heck, everyone rocks. Rush got back in harsh mode because of loosing Perry again but still it's not full step back - he is just full of pain when saying harsh truth about Volker's chances with women (I have learned this truth hard way myself, painful to listen someone being in same shoes). This is why I love *good* character scifi dramas. Payback is huge if you are ready to wait for it.

I can agree that there is something like 4 stories going on - and no one felt forced, it felt very natural, writers and editor have earned their money well. Because this ep is huge payback for last 19 or 20 series. Isn't that just wonderful when plan comes together...
            Last edited by Pecisk; 12 April 2011, 03:49 AM.

Comment

Yes it is wonderful when a plan come together, and that why I like serials where we get all the strings pulled together in a episode like this.

I still think Joe Mallozi got a lot to learn about writing stories likes these through, some place felt like they needed a bit more edge to them, especially Varro with his LA pals getting slaughtered. I still not sure about Varro, I got the sense he plotting.

Rush scenes were the best in the episode, how he played the two of them and that smirk, was just perfect for the moment.
              I enjoyed Geer faced off with the creature. He certainly changing to a more human characters and one with more feelings and emotions. Thought the ending was Volker seeing Geer and Lisa together.

Comment

I think Varro is very secretive because it is how he's been for all his life. When you are working with scheming thieves and murderers you learn not to tell all the stuff, no matter how good tensions are. His affection for TJ feels real, and his actions during LA attack also indicated that he is more of honest warrior than manipulating thief. Don't know. But that's what makes him so very fascinating as character.

Comment

I still think Joe Mallozi got a lot to learn about writing stories likes these through, some place felt like they needed a bit more edge to them.
                  Oh my god this. I can't believe that it's this late in the game and the general Mallozzi solution to something is to put it aside or laugh it off. We lose five people in the hunt? Oh Varro's fine with it as long as he gets with TJ in the end.
                  ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

volker and eli in the stasis pods, for some reason it was funny to see eli try to get him out, i don't really like that it was rush that did it though. i think it would have been better if it was just an accident, and rush found out that they were in there.

and they gathering at the end around food was a good scene.
                    sigpic

Comment

volker and eli in the stasis pods, for some reason it was funny to see eli try to get him out, i don't really like that it was rush that did it though. i think it would have been better if it was just an accident, and rush found out that they were in there.
                      Brody, not Volker.

Comment

Rush's messing was the best.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                          Brody, not Volker.
                          thanks, i realized i did that after i posted lol. i for reason always get their names confused.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                            thanks, i realized i did that after i posted lol. i for reason always get their names confused.
                            Me too.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                              Oh my god this. I can't believe that it's this late in the game and the general Mallozzi solution to something is to put it aside or laugh it off. We lose five people in the hunt? Oh Varro's fine with it as long as he gets with TJ in the end.
                              Indeed.

The whole "OMFG the beastie recognises fire ergo it must be intelligent and recognise we are also intelligent" bullcrap at the end was laughable in the extreme. As if Greer wouldnt shoot the thing? He's a grunt, trained to shoot first and not bother even thinking about questions.

You have to wonder how Mallozi actualy gets any writing gigs, his efforts of SGU have been dire.
                              Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Working...
                              X