This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future of the Tok'ra

Now that the galaxy is free of the Goa'uld and the Ori whats to become of the Tok'ra.

We know that they have a city on the surface but what now?
    - They can create a working civilization now, build new technologies, create art and music and anything they want.

The only problem is zero population growth. Cloning may be a possibility but they may feel that it is a little impersonal. I see the only possibility as them create Harcesis children but this may also be bad as the child would grow up with the memories of atrocities that the Goa'uld however they may also choose to have children with ordinary humans or maybe find a way to remove or block the Goa'uld memories.

Originally posted by escyos View Post
    Now that the galaxy is free of the Goa'uld and the Ori whats to become of the Tok'ra.

We know that they have a city on the surface but what now?
    - They can create a working civilization now, build new technologies, create art and music and anything they want.

The only problem is zero population growth. Cloning may be a possibility but they may feel that it is a little impersonal. I see the only possibility as them create Harcesis children but this may also be bad as the child would grow up with the memories of atrocities that the Goa'uld however they may also choose to have children with ordinary humans or maybe find a way to remove or block the Goa'uld memories.
    The best would be if they could figure out how to make someone a queen - perhaps clone a queen and stick the memories of a Tok'ra in her. There should be something useful in the stuff the Asgard left the Tau'ri - perhaps the Tok'ra scientists can do something with that.

That is also good because if they get a queen, they do not need to clone any others and get the problem the Asgard got. She can just spawn more Tok'ra (including other queens). Perhaps they saved a cell-sample from Egeria and can clone her? That would be great!

And I don't think it would be a problem that the kids have the Tok'ra genetic memories, if they chose to have harcesis children. The Tok'ra symbiotes already have this memories and it is not making them evil, because of the changes Egeria did. They could perhaps even get hosts that way now, when there are no danger from the Goa'uld.

Comment

Originally posted by LtKatia View Post
      The best would be if they could figure out how to make someone a queen - perhaps clone a queen and stick the memories of a Tok'ra in her. There should be something useful in the stuff the Asgard left the Tau'ri - perhaps the Tok'ra scientists can do something with that.

That is also good because if they get a queen, they do not need to clone any others and get the problem the Asgard got. She can just spawn more Tok'ra (including other queens). Perhaps they saved a cell-sample from Egeria and can clone her? That would be great!

And I don't think it would be a problem that the kids have the Tok'ra genetic memories, if they chose to have harcesis children. The Tok'ra symbiotes already have this memories and it is not making them evil, because of the changes Egeria did. They could perhaps even get hosts that way now, when there are no danger from the Goa'uld.
      I had the same thought. Cloning Egeria shouldn't be a problem, assuming thye've preserved the symbiote. Ba'al had done the same to himself God knows how many times anyway.

One slight issue regarding the Tok'ra rebuilding their civilisation, though, is that other races like the Jaffa or even the Tau'ri may have mixed feelings about this. Tok'ra are essentially Goa'uld without their evil traits, so it's arguable whether they would present a threat if/when they have reached sufficient numbers to rival that of the Goa'uld back in their heyday.
      "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

If they make a queen , they could create new people and become something like the trill .
        sigpic
        Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
        StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
        GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by LtKatia View Post

The only problem is that Egeria had massive cellular degeneration so her cells would be unhealthy and unsuitable for cloning, now if they got their hands on another Goa'uld queen and wiped her memories they may be able to use Asgard tech to transfer a consciousness but I doubt that you would be able to come across a Goa'uld queen these days.

As for Harcesis children you have to remember that the child would have these memories which may make them mentally unstable. The memories that the Tok'ra have accumulated would still be horrific despite their history as they would also have memory from the Goa'uld that came before Egeria. Would you expose a young child to scenes of horrific murder?

However seeing as the Tok'ra have memory recall and *some* memory manipulation technology they may be able to alter the child so that the memories come out over time or even block most of them. Or maybe even find a way to combine the hosts genetic samples together without the genetic memory from the symbiotes.

Comment

i think the only way they could avoid having problems is if they mated with non-hosts. there kid would only be half tok'ra so many not have all the memories (other then maybe their parent).

as for cloning i'm not sure how that would work. i still don't get how baal did it to himself.
            sigpic

Comment

Hows about they use the same tech they used on Ba'al to remove all their symbiots then that proceedure they had for weening Jaffa off tretonin.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                Hows about they use the same tech they used on Ba'al to remove all their symbiots then that proceedure they had for weening Jaffa off tretonin.
                Yeah, but then they're not Tok'ra anymore, they're just humans. The symbiotes are the Tok'ra. The human half are the hosts. Removing the symbiote would be killing the Tok'ra. Two minds in one body, remember? Two separate beings. So the trick is to find a way to preserve both beings, and allow the Tok'ra symbiotes to find a way to breed.

My understanding is that it is possible for a Goa'uld or Tok'ra queen to choose to produce "tabula rasa" offspring that do not carry the genetic memories normally carried by their species. Isn't that part of what Egeria did with her own offspring in "Cure"? So the trick would be getting hold of a Goa'uld queen who could be induced to spawn blank offspring, including another queen, who wouldn't carry the Goa'uld memories and philosophy, and who could then be raised in the Tok'ra tradition instead. Problem is, the only way the Tok'ra would or could probably do this without going against their own philosophy would be if they could find a queen who would do this willingly, unless she could be tricked in some way.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                sigpic
                now also appearing on DeviantArt
                Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Maybe you could change the physiology of a normal Tok'ra to make it a queen.

Comment

Unfortunately, the Tok'ra will eventually die out unless they can find a Goa'uld queen willing to join the Tok'ra. If that doesn't happen, the next best option is to have harsesis children to pass on their legacy to. However, how long would that last? If a harsesis mates with a human, will he pass on his genetic memory? How many generations would this last before genetic dilution? Unfortunately, those are likely the only options.

Comment

And as is, how many hosts are there for tok'ra?

Comment

Potentially, an almost unlimited number. All it takes is a willing human, and as humans got to know the Tok'ra as a species, I think many might well be willing. Especially considering that being a Tok'ra host endows the human with perfect health, long life, lots of knowledge, and can cure chronic or even deadly diseases.

I'd do it in a New York minute.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                        Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                        sigpic
                        now also appearing on DeviantArt
                        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

That's not really a problem. Any human with an incurable disease will jump at the opportunity.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ohhhhh I like that idea of cloning a queen but erasing its memory. It would grow to maturity AFTER the guaolds fall and taught by the Tokra to be nice. Maybe they could splice some of their memories from after the split with the guaould?

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                              That's not really a problem. Any human with an incurable disease will jump at the opportunity.
                              Have we seen any humans from earth takin that choice, other than carters dad?

Heck, do we even know if any others have had it offered?

Comment

Working...
                              X