Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Earth get Jaffa Nation ,Tok'ra's help with Langaran negotiation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why didn't Earth get Jaffa Nation ,Tok'ra's help with Langaran negotiation?

The whole incident look very bad for Earth , but if Earth had ask Jaffa Nation ,Tok'ra to help , like a third party observer with the Negotiation .

Our "Alliance" against the Lucian Alliance.

For better or wrost, the security arrangment now make Langaran as an Allies of Earth.Earth provide Security but Earth can't use the Langaran facilities.

Our other allies like the Jaffa Nation Tak'ra should also take part in the operation.
    The Jaffa Nation has the fleet that can match Lucian Allliance.

The Tok'ra are older species with experience dealing with spying , and understand the long term implication of Destiny's mission.The Tok'ra would understand the importance of a signal before the big bang.

Both Jaffa Nation and Tok'ra would be concern if Lucian Alliance is working with Langaran (Langaran's Naquadria would make a lot of WMD)

The whole incident make Earth look like the agressor, if Earth had consult with the Jaffa and the Tok'ra , at least it would make Earth look a bit more resonable, like the a multi planety operation , not an Earth operation.

Who is the Alliance against the Lucian Alliance?

Eath , Langara, can we include the Tok'ra and the Jaffa Nation.

Both the Tok'ra and the Jaffa are building/rebuilding their society. The Tok'ra would probably have no interest in Destiny, they are finally able to build a civilization by themselves and the Jaffa may have an interest in this as it may indicate a god which they all seem to be interested in. Despite not having gods anymore they are spiritual and would see this as some sort of sign that their is a god.

Comment

I think time was of the essence. They barely convinced Woolsey to be on board, so I can't imagine how long it would have taken the Tok'ra or the Jaffa. Especially when in the past the Tok'ra and Jaffa have been so caught up in internal politics. Remember when Teal'c had trouble getting the Jaffa to join with Earth against the Ori, so they aren't always so easy to convince. They'd have to hold a couple of committees before a move.

Besides I think after so much fighting against the Goa'uld and Ori, that the Tok'ra and Jaffa are just ready to live in some neutrality. I'm not too sure if they see the Lucian Alliance to be as big of a threat as Earth does. Since at the moment, Earth is the big dog that the Lucian Alliance wants taken down.

In regards to the Destiny mission, it could be that they are not fully aware to the gravity of the mission. Earth could be keeping what they already know close to their chest. It's only been recent that Rush has discovered Destiny's purpose, that I don't think it has (or will) be shared with anyone too soon.

Comment

On top of that we have no idea what the current state of politics is during SGU.
        It's possible that relations between Eart, Jaffa and Tok'ra have become strained. Or that possibly they are unwilling to get into a conflict with the Lucian Alliance.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

The Tokra and Jaffa probably fear what we will become once our industrial capability is focused on space travel instead of feeding the masses and killing our own bad guys.

Comment

They also probably fear showing themselves to be as bad as the goa'uld. Hence why they might be reluctant to get involved with what they see as some sort of human civil war. I'm sure the Lucian Alliance must have ties with both of them too. They migh not be friends like they are with Earth but it's still humans fighting humans. It would be seen as not their concern.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
              The Tokra and Jaffa probably fear what we will become once our industrial capability is focused on space travel instead of feeding the masses and killing our own bad guys.
              ^this

and that they are probably still dealing with their own issues, so they have no interest in an ancient ship.
              sigpic

Comment

After what Anubis did to Langara why would they trust the Tok'ra or Jaffa.

Comment

That is a good angle..

Comment

The Jaffa seem to be pulling away from earth, same with the Tok'ra, they were united under one enemy, that enemy is long dead and they know wish to rebuild in peace

Comment

So... you put that together by yourself did ya? Earth has allies from SG-1, right? Isn't that funny I thought they did too. It seems to be a disconnect for these writers. The three series appear to be completely disconnected until the writers need a reason to connect them. Like when the Super Hive came to earth in SGA, we didn't even ask any of our alien allies for help? I expected to see one or two Ha'tak vessels in orbit trying to help out. But no.... Nothing so fancy. Christ I really need to write my own series.

Klaxxon

Comment

Originally posted by KlaxxonBlue View Post
                        So... you put that together by yourself did ya? Earth has allies from SG-1, right? Isn't that funny I thought they did too. It seems to be a disconnect for these writers. The three series appear to be completely disconnected until the writers need a reason to connect them. Like when the Super Hive came to earth in SGA, we didn't even ask any of our alien allies for help? I expected to see one or two Ha'tak vessels in orbit trying to help out. But no.... Nothing so fancy. Christ I really need to write my own series.
                        Klaxxon
                        With the exception of the Orici fleet, our other allies would have been nothing more than bugs on the windshield to the superhive. We should save our allies fleets for dealing with the hives headed our way.

Comment

And why would our allies have gotten involved in this situation at all? Not like they are getting anything from the destiny mission. Plus based on the way Earth did it, why would anyone want to be involved with that?

Langara has been an ally of Earth's almost as long as the Tokra or Jaffa, it was basically a diplomatic situation between the two.

Comment

It was assinine for us to even risk blowing up a planet full of people. Seriously if you're worried about LA incursion, evacuate the ship and blow it up.

Comment

Originally posted by sholva1 View Post
                              The Jaffa seem to be pulling away from earth, same with the Tok'ra, they were united under one enemy, that enemy is long dead and they know wish to rebuild in peace
                              An in doing so they are fulling into the same trap as the Tollan and many other species the Go'uld conquered. It was other people inactions which allow the Go'uld to dominate the Galaxy for 10 thousand years. An it there in actions that would allow the Lucian alliance to dominate the Galaxy.

Through given that Earth is a fairly close society Lucian Alliance have still manage to infiltrate Earth to the highest levels one got to wonder how much of the Jaffa Nation has fallen under control of the Lucian Alliance.
                              Last edited by knowles2; 12 April 2011, 03:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X