The Killing (AMC) 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Killing (AMC) 2011

Does anybody watch here the killing currently airing on AMC? How is it and how is It different from the original? I am curious about this show. I heard only good things about it. So Discuss away but if possible without heavy spoilers or put spoilers behind bars.
    sigpic

I'm watching it. I know Matt watched the premiere too.

Michelle Forbes has been phenomenal so far. Liking the other actors in it too, but she's really just been a cut above even in the two episodes that have shown already.

I don't know anything about the original, but so far it kind of reminds me of the dread and depression of Twin Peaks (minus the supernatural stuff).
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yeah, what Digi said. I don't care to watch the original right now - this is an AMC remake. There is nothing wrong with that sentence.

But yeah, good show. Very creepy atmosphere and greatly varied characters. Like everything on AMC, I'd recommend the pilot at least, and from there, make your own decision about the rest of the series. It shouldn't be that hard, so...
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Ok. AMC seems to become very good in producing new shows..... Mad Men, The Walking Dead, all shows that I watch and love. I think they are becoming are real competetor against Showtime (only watched Californication and did not like season 4 at all!) and HBO (enough said), dont you think?
        sigpic

Comment

Yup....all the major premium cable networks (AMC, Showtime, Starz, even Cinemax soon) are trying to get in on the market that HBO established. And most of them are doing a pretty damn fine job of it, too. It'll be a while before they all hit that HBO gold standard, but for comparative newcomers they're all doing fantastic work.

I hope that at some point the morons running Syfylis wake up and go "me too!"
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Yup....all the major premium cable networks (AMC, Showtime, Starz, even Cinemax soon) are trying to get in on the market that HBO established. And most of them are doing a pretty damn fine job of it, too. It'll be a while before they all hit that HBO gold standard, but for comparative newcomers they're all doing fantastic work.

I hope that at some point the morons running Syfylis wake up and go "me too!"
            yes, I hope Syfy will learn from those networks. I never heard of Cinemax though. Oh, btw Digi I tried Spartacus: Blood and Sand, but I could not watch it, I tried five episodes...but it did not work out between us. Sadly, although I loved John Hannah and the gorgous woman who also played in Galactica, but I forgot her name, Hannahs wife but I love "Camelot" therefore even more! I never heard of Cinemax though...
            sigpic

Comment

What's AMC?
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

AMC is the network where it is shown..
                sigpic

Comment

What's AMC?
                  AMC is no doubt my favourite overall network right now simply because of the sterling television it shows and the no end to the raw talent and awesomeness on it. Mad Men, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, the shamefully-cancelled Rubicon and now The Killing are all my idea of brilliant television, and I hope to see more of this excellence for years to come, because its shows like these that make me want to create something more than ever
                  ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

Tonight's episode was good, adding another level of horror to the whole situation that was really only implied last week, but I doubt that it's as simple as the suspects at the moment being responsible.

One little thing I picked up on was Richmond's comment, "Flowers die." which is not a bad sentiment indeed given the deaths of his wife Lily, and now Rosie.

Comment

Yep, another solid episode. I love freaking dark this show is.

Comment

Brody!

Comment

Volker! His appearance was more memorable. So weird to hear some things coming out of his mouth - it made me lol.

Solid episode again. Knew the teacher was involved somehow, and there have been some twists and turns along the way (Jamie, Sterling et cetera). Good stuff.

Am waiting for Callum Keith Rennie's character to go crazy or something. It's just so expected right now!

Comment

Ah yes! I'd just started the episode when I posted before so I hadn't seen him yet. Great appearances....two SGU alums in one episode! Ha!

Anyway another solid episode. Holder continues to be aggravating dead weight, but manages to accomplish something! The teenagers continue to remind me of why I hate teenagers, great development on the dad, and Michelle Forbes continues to steal the show. I really hope she gets an Emmy nomination for this.

More great developments:
                            • the pack of Nicorette gum in one of Linden's boxes--so the gum is explained without saying a word!
                            • Darren's aide working the Mayor to find out who the leak really is
                            • Linden discovering the notes....from the teacher! DUN DUN DUNNN

Comment

Wow, just when I was sitting there thinking "how are they going to even make another season out of this ?".
                              Spoiler:
                              I thought they would have just gotten a new case, but wow, the last ten minutes, bombshells dropping left right and centre.
                              New season can't come fast enough ! And Stargate actors everywhere, what wasn't there to like ?? Hope there'll be more to come !
                              sigpic
                              What a show !

Comment

Working...
                              X