Mommy Dearest (619)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mommy Dearest (619)

SAM AND DEAN MEET EVE — Sam (Jared Padalecki), Dean (Jensen Ackles), Bobby (Jim Beaver) and Castiel (Misha Collins) track Eve (guest star Julia Maxwell) to a small town in Oregon. The guys discover the townspeople have been converted to demons, but surprisingly, they all appear to be dying. When they finally do meet Eve, she decides to torture the brothers by bringing back their mother, Mary Winchester (guest star Samantha Smith), as a demon. John Showalter directed the episode written by Adam Glass (#619).
    Please use the report feature to request the thread to be opened

Not a bad episode. Figured Crowley was still around, didn't expect Cas to be helping him though. I sure hope that isn't the last we've seen of Eve. For someone so powerful, she went down way to easy and her whole arc would seem kinda pointless if thats the last we've seen of her.

Comment

Yeah, I agree. Eve went down too easy. I was expecting her to jump up in the dinner at the end there, until Crowley showed up.

I guess I'll have to wait for more info on Cas b/c I can't even begin to guess what he's up to. I just know I don't think I like it. And I definitely wasn't expecting Crowley to come back in this ep, even though I know Mark Sheppard probably was coming back at some point in the last eps.

As always, Dean's ability to had ridiculous humor at the most serious of times had me cracking up for the first 20 minutes of the ep I'll have to go back through for details- there was a lot crammed into those 40-some-odd minutes.

The thing that still sticks out in my head though, was the scene with the 2 sets of brothers in the Impala. I loved how they filmed over our brothers' shoulders with their counterpart in the back seat. And the look of complete contentment, even among everything, on Sam and Dean's faces made me melt a little.
      sigpic

Comment

I hope that is the end of Eve...that she got sent back to where ever. She played her part and advanced the storyline by explaining more of what was going on, but with so few eps left it's time to get to the stuff they've been building towards...Cas and this battle for Heaven.

Glad to see Crowley back in the mix. I didn't really like how they "killed" him off so easily and so early...and wondered if he was really gone. That Cas has had to to sink to such depths. Interesting storyline for him so far and how it's built to this point.

The ep itself was fine. Not as fun as last week's, but it advanced the plot.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

let me guess, Crowley is letting Cas use hell's souls in exchange for his help

Comment

Everything's being cranked up now for these last few episodes, and it began with this one.

So now we know about why souls are so important and why Eve wanted out of Purgatory. So she's basically been the red herring for the big bad.
            Now it's looking like Crowley (Yay! He's back!) and Cas.

Oh Cas...Dean's going to be soooo miffed when he finds out.
            Especially as Cas and Crowley seemed so keen to keep Sam's soul in Hell and Balthazar keen to help soulless Sam keep his soul out.
            I think the special friendship is about to crumble!!!

All the scenes were beautifully shot and everyone looked gorgeous.

Lots of great quotes.
            Dean: Why's it always got to be me that makes the call? It's not like Cas lives in my ass. The dude's busy. (Cas appears behind him) Cas get out of my ass!
            Castiel: I was never in your...

My favourite though has to be Bobby using the ipad...

Bobby: I asked for a computer
            Sam: It is a computer.
            Bobby: No, a computer has buttons.

It was a lovely scene with the young boys in the car with Sam and Dean and the parallel with their own childhood, but it was pretty much guaranteed then that the kids would be evil...or Ryan was as it turned out.

Although I enjoyed last weeks ep, I really loved this one.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
              let me guess, Crowley is letting Cas use hell's souls in exchange for his help
              Interesting theory...I guess we'll have to wait and see!

All in all another good SPN episode!
              sigpic

Comment

I don't think we saw the last of Eve either...she'll be back in some form or other.

I find it strange that the ashes can burn her. Surely a monster like the phoenix would be the Mother's spawn so why would it hurt it's progenitor?

Comment

I was not happy with this latest twist. Perhaps they were setting it up for an endgame to the series. It will be interesting to see what they do now that they have been picked up for season 7. I will be very unhappy if they try to continue to make Cas any type of bad guy.

Side Note:
                  I did not like the fact that this "Eve" Mother of Evil was that much stronger than Cas just because "she was alot older than him" . He is a stinkin Angel. They pretty much blow away everything else because they are "Angels of the Lord" and to respected as such. And to top it off , she was way too easily defeated by biting Dean after he ingested some Phoenix ash. This was not one of their best shows for me. Hope they can get back on track next week.

One, caveat I do love the actor that plays Crowley, so that is one plus.
                  Posting at.............
                  http://godus.boards.net/

Comment

I absolutely love where they are going with this, can't wait for the next episodes
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Graybrew1 View Post
                      I was not happy with this latest twist. Perhaps they were setting it up for an endgame to the series. It will be interesting to see what they do now that they have been picked up for season 7. I will be very unhappy if they try to continue to make Cas any type of bad guy.
                      i don't know if they're really setting cas up to be 'bad' as such - he's just doing as he feels he must. i agree, working with lucifer's kids, crowley in particular, seems a step too far. however - at the moment, we don't know what raphael (who cas has mentioned is leading the opposition) is doing - for all we know, cas could be almost saintly in comparison.

i'm not convinced of that myself, however - i do believe that, whatever cas is into, he believes it's either the right thing to do, or it's the only thing to do - both of which are powerful motivators. a good example would be america's use of nuclear weapons against japan - it was the only way to shorten the war and gain victory at the same time (surrender wasn't much of an option) but it wasn't the 'right' thing to do, as it indiscriminately targeted civilians. the alternative was a much longer war, with potentially a much greater loss of life on both sides.

so far, it sounds very much like souls are almost nuclear weapons - gathered together to burn as hot as the sun. not sure it's really needed though, as those 'swords' seem to do a pretty decent job of killing angels as it is.
                      Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

They keep mentioning the power of souls, but they haven't really hinted at what each side plans on using the souls for. If they are a source of power, what exactly are they trying to power?
                        sigpic

Comment

well, eve described it with something like the heat of hell, and how hot hell would be if she brought all her souls there after converting the entire human race. i'm personally not convinced they're a power source, but more like nuclear weapons - a way for angels to fight each other without getting close or depending on skill. maybe even take out multiple angels at a time.

if they're a power source... i don't know. actually... hmm. frightening thought... but with God apparently missing... a summoning spell? for the father, as there was for the mother?

also, just taking a quick look at the bible: revelations chapter 20, verse 9:
                          And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
                          note - this, in context, comes after Satan has been "loosed out of his prison" (verse 7, same chapter.) the "they" referred to in verse 9 are Gog and Magog; i'm not sure if these are meant to be monsters of some sort or nations on earth.

my point with this, i guess, is - the fire from heaven. the souls may be that fire, or may power that fire.

the remainder of revelations seems to be the destruction of hell and death, the new heaven and earth, and the river of life - basically, stuff that should probably happen after the final battle (which, funny enough, seems to be on hold since mikey and lucy got chucked into a cage, and yeah i know they'd probably rip me apart for that one )
                          Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

Good episode, always love Spn

Glad to see Crowley back, Cass needs a slap.

I cant see where they are going with this yet, but i hope its good, and i hope Dean beats the crap out of Cass like what Cass did to Dean in S5, nice poetic justice for practically the same thing

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
                              Good episode, always love Spn

Glad to see Crowley back, Cass needs a slap.

I cant see where they are going with this yet, but i hope its good, and i hope Dean beats the crap out of Cass like what Cass did to Dean in S5, nice poetic justice for practically the same thing

N.C
                              I'm not quite certain...but I have an idea...and it looks like Crowley has Cas by the
                              Spoiler:
                              balls. Do angels even have those?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X