This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If time travel were possible...

I've been thinking about time travel. If it were possible where would you like to go? Why?
    Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
    I've been thinking about time travel. If it were possible where would you like to go? Why?
    If it where possible, I would protest against it. It is a bad idea in many ways.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

If it were possible to do it without screwing up the timeline (say maybe you can only observe, and not interact), I'd like to visit Iron Age Britain.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
      Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
      sigpic
      now also appearing on DeviantArt
      Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
        If it where possible, I would protest against it. It is a bad idea in many ways.
        I would go back in time to undermine your protest!
        Geral Corasjo

Comment

1. Going back in time and stopping the Dark Ages.
          2. More progress.
          3. Profit.

Comment

Depends on what the limits are..
            I would love to observe many RL historical dates.. such as teh signing of the declaration of independance, the emancipation proclamation, the magna carta.

Comment

Help Germany win World War II to see what happens muwahahahaha, assuming I would be going back to an alternate universe, anything I do would not affect this one.

Comment

9th century AD. And i'd stay.
                sigpic

Comment

I think that time travel would only work if the past could not be changed. I admire you who would stay in times when there is no indoor plumbing! I'd like to visit many past times, but I really like my creature comforts.

I don't even like camping!
                  Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

This reminds me of Red Dwarf when Lister asks the crew which period of history they would like to live in.

RIMMER: Well, it'll be the nineteenth century for me. One of Napoleon's marshals. The chance to march across Europe with the greatest general of all time and kill Belgians. Marvellous.

LISTER: What about you, Kryters?

KRYTEN: Well, if I could go anywhere, absolutely anywhere at all in time, I think I'd probably choose to go back to a week last Tuesday.

LISTER: Why?

KRYTEN: Don't you remember? I did all the laundry, and then we watched TV. Wow, we won't see the like of THOSE sorts of days again.

Comment

Late Cretaceous North America, assuming of course I have sufficient supplies, tech, defences and so on to survive in relative comfort. If not, then 1969 to see the moon landing, for a brief visit, or the late seventies, to stay. Maybe lay claim to the Stargate franchise and rework it to suit my tastes...

Depends entirely on the mode and limitations of the hypothetical time travel mode, to be honest. Might like the idea of using modern technology to set myself up as a Merlin type character, just for fun...
                      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
                        I'd go 500 or 1000 years into the future

Comment

The death of jesus and after the that 1000 years in to the future

Comment

The mere act of travelling into a differnt time could wipe out the entre world, you may bump into somone accidently, causing them to be a second too late home so they dont catch their wife cheating on them and end up having a child who nukes the entire world....

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                              I'd go 500 or 1000 years into the future
                              That would be kind of reckless youd have no idea what your walking into......

Comment

Working...
                              X