Ridiculous simulation parameters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
    Ya I didn't like this at all, like I can see where the writers were going with it wanting to be all deep and thoughtful and greys anatomy but it just didn't feel that way.. like the whole thing with perry and ginn just felt rushed and the simulation parameters didn't really make any sense at all.. Amanda perry is supposed to be a genius like...

Wrong, it is measurable, we just can't measure it with out primitive real world technology
    Technically you can't know something is measurable until you actually can measure it. You can make predictions but those are just educated guesses that are prone to error
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I wonder which one Rush loves more... Amanda or Destiny? I bet he was thinking of Destiny when he was with Amanda.

Comment

It's not quantifiable or measurable in any way.
        There is no biological process that goes along with love, there's no increased heart rate or synaptic activity, a doctor can't diagnose love, a surgeon can't remove it and a chemist can't treat it.
        true. what we experience as love are dozens of chemicals working together and against eachother in a massive chaos. love is different for every person so you can never actually quantify it

Comment

Originally posted by D Toccs View Post
          It's not quantifiable or measurable in any way.
          There is no biological process that goes along with love, there's no increased heart rate or synaptic activity, a doctor can't diagnose love, a surgeon can't remove it and a chemist can't treat it.

There's no way that even the most advanced computer could measure love, and even if it could, everyone experiences love differently.
          Love is measured every time there's a wedding. "Till death do us part" is a quantifiable measure of time. Perhaps this quantity does not encapsulate every detail that it is love, but it is a measurable parameter, nonetheless.

Oh yeah, and that whole one partner thing. One. Quantity. Not two. One. That is a measurable parameter.

Comment

But the concept of love has been beyond every machine program we've ever come across.

Not counting Fifth ofcourse, his was just pure obsession over his betrayal which eventually turned into a passion for Carter, he could only define it as love because he had done the 5 finger forehead frazzle on Carter and had a sentient humans understanding of love.

N.C

Comment

Love may not be quantifable today but as a process of the human brain, if you can understand it you can quantify it. Love is magic it is all to do with the brain.

Comment

Working...
              X