Where is Earth's stargate located now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is Earth's stargate located now?

I didn't think anything of the continuous showing of Homeworld Command in SGU since they dismantled the SGC set, but at the opening scene of the episode, they flashed to an aerial view of Washington where Woolsey and Telford were talking with the Langaran delegates. Why would they have them all the way out to Homeworld Command? I realize that they could beam them out to Washington, but what would be the point of that? The SGC has served as a base for diplomatic relations numerous times in the past, so what would make it any different now? A better question might be, why would they move the stargate out to Washington (if they moved it at all), where there is a greater chance of stargate operations becoming a threat to a larger population of people in a less contained environment, such as what Colorado Springs and the SGC offered?

Speaking of which, the Pentagon looked fine... what happened to that crash and all that damage.

Comment

It's still at the SGC. Many times throughout SGU season 2 people have referred to Stargate Command as though it is still an active base of operations. Such as TJ and James telling Eli that he will probably be stationed at Stargate Command as one of their best scientists.

Comment

yeah the sgc definitely still exists, since its mentioned. by guess is they were meeting in dc since thats where the goverement officials that needed to approve it would be.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vanek26 View Post
          Speaking of which, the Pentagon looked fine... what happened to that crash and all that damage.
          You can fix stuff pretty quick when all you have to do is beam the materials into place

The Stargate itself is still in Chyenne Mountain under NORAD. Think of it this way: When an ambassador from another country flies to America, do we handle all the negotiations at the airport? No, of course not. The SGC has conference rooms and VIP quarters, which were used earlier, but now that there are other countries involved with the IOA, we don't use them any more. That's my guess.

Comment

I think it has more to do with the SGC set being turned into homeworld command for them to be able to use it for the SGC.

Does it really matter though.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanek26 View Post
              It took about a year for The Pentagon to be repaired after the 9/11 attacks (Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentago...hoenix_Project)

How long has it been since the alien attack..
              Geral Corasjo

Comment

They may have just had the meeting there. It may have only damaged a section of the building and as such they could clear the rubble out then get operations back to normal. But I really don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by traylormatt View Post
                  They may have just had the meeting there. It may have only damaged a section of the building and as such they could clear the rubble out then get operations back to normal. But I really don't know.
                  From the aerial view, it did seem the Pentagon was whole too soon.

Comment

So long as atlantis in on earth, the master gate is there.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                      The nature of it wasn't specified, but a workaround from the Pegasus-era gates taking precedent was found by the team that worked on the Milkyway-Pegasus Gatebridge.

Comment

baseing the SGC out of atlantis would be brillant. it's cloaked and we have much more control over the gate then we did during the sg1 days
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I think a better question would be "is the SGC still located in Cheyenne Mountain?"

Comment

Originally posted by Geral View Post
                            It took about a year for The Pentagon to be repaired after the 9/11 attacks (Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentago...hoenix_Project)

How long has it been since the alien attack..
                            Yes, but after 9/11 all we had was Earth technology at our disposal. In SGU they have all kinds of advanced technology. Think of how quickly the Asgard core created a Replicator bug in Ark of Truth. Now, imagine making a section of a building instead. Simple.

Comment

Not necessarily, they wrote a macro for Midway Station in order to prevent the Pegasus gate taking priority over the MW gate there.
                              I'm not saying that they would use that to keep the main gate at the SGC, but they do have the ability to override the Atlantis gate if they so choose.

Comment

Working...
                              X