My Heart Will Go On (617)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Heart Will Go On (617)

SAM AND DEAN TEMPT FATE — After Balthazar (guest star Sebastian Roche) changes history and keeps the Titanic from sinking, Fate (guest star Katie Walder) intervenes and begins killing those that would have died on the ship. Castiel (Misha Collins) tells Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) that Fate is very upset with the two of them and the only way they can stay alive is to kill her. Phil Sgriccia directed the episode written by Eric Charmelo & Nicole Snyder (618).
    Please use the report feature to request the thread to be opened
    Last edited by Madwelshboy; 05 April 2011, 12:04 PM.

The episode took my completely off guard, hadn't read that many spoilers for it. When Ellen first showed up I was wondering if she was a ghost or Bobby was just going crazy but when Sam and Dean were talking to her I was surprised. I wonder how the Titanic not sinking caused her to be alive?? And I really liked that she and Bobby co-owned his business, could you call it a business since he doesn't seem to actually sell anything??
    Great episode though, Fate was kind of mean for trying to kill Sam and Dean just because their friends changed history.
    sigpic

Comment

Thought this was a great return from the Hellatus. It was fun but had a lot going on in there.

I won't ask how many of you thought 'that's a bad move' when the guy chocked open the garage door with the bit of wood.

Something had to be up when Dean wins the rock,paper, scissors... - with scissors!

And no Impala...a Mustang!

And the clincher..Ellen! Some great scenes with her and Bobby. Even though it's an AU there's something really good knowing Bobby has someone to stop him drinking himself to death.

So with a bit of poking about the boys discover Balthazar's unsunk the Titanic and changed history.

Loved when they went into 'calling the angel' mode. They're so good at it now.

Balthazar explains that he unsunk the ship because he hated the movie. Now that sounded a bit thin even for him...and we soon find out why.

Bathazar: I hated the movie

Dean: What movie?

Balthazar: Exactly

Sam: You totally butterfly affected history
      Dean: Rule number one...no Kutcher references!

I love Bathazar...he's the opposite of Cas... and really doesn't care about humanity but for some reason he's likeable. (oops I typed lickable there first..)

Cas comes to the rescue when Fate almost kills them...and so they set a trap for her and they walk 'the walk of doom'. Loved the look on their faces. Awesome.
      And Blondie's song playing was a perfect fit.

Sam and Dean are about to get sqooshed and Cas freezes time as Fate turns up. Yeah she's miffed at Sam and Dean (she can join the long line of supernatural beings who feel the same) and wants them dead.

Then it gets very, very interesting. Big reveal, something I wasn't expecting at this point. Cas is keeping secrets and one of them is that Balthazar's working for him.

This opens up a whole lot of questions...such as, was Balthazar working for him when he bought the boys soul?

Cas makes a big thing about freedom being preferable to Fate.

Cut to Sam and Dean in the Impala. With 'that' song! I love seeing them asleep in the car.

So Cas need them to retain their memory...but why is Cas lying to Dean? What is he doing that he needs to do that? Is it that he needs every soul he can get for the battle ahead whatever the cost? Except he can't let Sam and Dean die, that's a step too far.
      I think Cas wants them to know some of this because he's going to do something that will really test their friendship to the max.

Bobby sleeping. He may not have Ellen but he has the boys.

Another fun quote:

Dean: Too soon?
      Sam: Yeah Dean I'm pretty sure 6 seconds is too soon.

sigpic

Comment

Great recap, Lizzie, I can only endorse everything you said.

Great comeback from the lowatus. It was so good seeing the boys work in tandem again - I can only hope that wasn't just the other time line.

The music to the 'walk of fate' was great. That wasn't in the sneak peek, was it?

Another great line.
        'She looked like a librarian.'
        'My kind of librarian or your kind of librarian?'
        'Well, she was wearing clothes, so...'

sigpic
        Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
          Great recap, Lizzie, I can only endorse everything you said.

Great comeback from the lowatus. It was so good seeing the boys work in tandem again - I can only hope that wasn't just the other time line.

The music to the 'walk of fate' was great. That wasn't in the sneak peek, was it?

Another great line.
          'She looked like a librarian.'
          'My kind of librarian or your kind of librarian?'
          'Well, she was wearing clothes, so...'
          I hope it wasn't just the other time line either.

I can't remember if the music was in the sneak peek...but I don't think it was.

Loved the librarian quote.

As Cas is keeping secrets about Balthazar...do you think he knew it was him who was buying souls earlier? Or that came later.
          sigpic

Comment

Loved this ep! It was a good balance of fun, especially after Rufus, but it was also full of emotion and storyline. I loved having Ellen back, but now I'll have to go through losing her all over again (I know, I get too connected to TV characters). But all the interactions with Ellen and the boys, even with just the boys at the end, did reaffirm how much of a family they have become. I know John loved them, but Bobby has always taken more notice of how they boys are effected by what they experience.

I'm glad Cas is starting to work back into the story. And the added info that Balthazar isn't just a reluctant ally, but may actually be following Cas's orders, is interesting. I have to say, that scene where he was 'trying' to kill Fate was hilarious! I think there's more to Balthazar than they've shown us yet. And Lizzie, I'm getting the feeling that Cas 'hired' Balthazar after the thing with that boy. That might have been when Cas got the idea. And I really want to see what this whole thing with the value of human souls, and how the angels are using them as 'currency'.

And this whole episode was just one giant quotable!!! I don't even know where to start
            sigpic

Comment

This was such a great episode to return with. Much better than I thought it would be. They pulled it off very well. Am I the only one worried about Castiel? He lied to the boys at the end there. He may be going down a dark road.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
                I hope it wasn't just the other time line either.

I can't remember if the music was in the sneak peek...but I don't think it was.

Loved the librarian quote.

As Cas is keeping secrets about Balthazar...do you think he knew it was him who was buying souls earlier? Or that came later.
                Originally posted by warrior_chic View Post
                I'm glad Cas is starting to work back into the story. And the added info that Balthazar isn't just a reluctant ally, but may actually be following Cas's orders, is interesting. I have to say, that scene where he was 'trying' to kill Fate was hilarious! I think there's more to Balthazar than they've shown us yet. And Lizzie, I'm getting the feeling that Cas 'hired' Balthazar after the thing with that boy. That might have been when Cas got the idea. And I really want to see what this whole thing with the value of human souls, and how the angels are using them as 'currency'.
                Sebastian Roche ROCKS. There are few people on TV who can pull off the cool/sassy bad guy like he does. Loved him as Newton in Fringe as well.

I'm with w_c on this one. Cas seemed genuinely distressed when he asked the boys to help him track down Balthazar. The scene in My Heart Will Go On when he claimed Balthazar did in fact sink the Titanic because of the movie showed that he's not a very convincing liar. At least where the boys are concerned. Which I found completely adorable. So I believe as well that Balthazar went rogue initially, and that Cas recruited him after the affair with the staff of Moses.

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                This was such a great episode to return with. Much better than I thought it would be. They pulled it off very well. Am I the only one worried about Castiel? He lied to the boys at the end there. He may be going down a dark road.
                Yes, Cas' white vest certainly got some black splotches in this episode. But I'm happy they're making him more ambiguous. And angel should be multi-dimensional - in more than one meaning of the word.

sigpic

Comment

I love this show, love the actors and rarely ever had a bad thing to say about it. But there was something missing in this ep. It felt like a filler ep to me. But I do agree that Cas lied to the boys about why it all happened. Sounds, like they are setting up for the end of show finale or end of season finale depending upon if they come back next year. That will be a sad day, if it does not.
                  Posting at.............
                  http://godus.boards.net/

Comment

Originally posted by warrior_chic View Post

I think you're right, I hope that's the case. Cas would be in a very dark place if he tortured the boy for show. Very unlikely.

I'm worried. I think he's hinting to the boys with the freedom is worth fighting for speech that he maybe has to do things he doesn't want to do, like a General on the battlefield.

Sebastian Roche ROCKS. There are few people on TV who can pull off the cool/sassy bad guy like he does. Loved him as Newton in Fringe as well.

I'm with w_c on this one. Cas seemed genuinely distressed when he asked the boys to help him track down Balthazar. The scene in My Heart Will Go On when he claimed Balthazar did in fact sink the Titanic because of the movie showed that he's not a very convincing liar. At least where the boys are concerned. Which I found completely adorable. So I believe as well that Balthazar went rogue initially, and that Cas recruited him after the affair with the staff of Moses.

Yes, Cas' white vest certainly got some black splotches in this episode. But I'm happy they're making him more ambiguous. And angel should be multi-dimensional - in more than one meaning of the word.
                    Yes..he doesn't lie very well (and agreed he looks very adorable! ) so that indicates he's not very good at underhand shennigans but I've thought this for a while now, what if the Man Who would Be King turns out to be Cas?

I also noticed he has his tie on backwards...as in the back is showing to the front! I know what I mean! Is that a clue?
                    sigpic

Comment

I have to say, I have really come to like Balthazar. He is a great non-good guy.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Sebastian Roche has always played a great bad guy with a twist, from Fringe, Alias, 24, CSI, and Charmed and Supernatural. He would do well in a starring role I believe too.
                        Posting at.............

Comment

Originally posted by Graybrew1 View Post
                          I love this show, love the actors and rarely ever had a bad thing to say about it. But there was something missing in this ep. It felt like a filler ep to me. But I do agree that Cas lied to the boys about why it all happened. Sounds, like they are setting up for the end of show finale or end of season finale depending upon if they come back next year. That will be a sad day, if it does not.
                          I think their chances are pretty good since Smallville is ending. I don't think the CW would cancel both shows. But you never know...

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
                          I'm worried. I think he's hinting to the boys with the freedom is worth fighting for speech that he maybe has to do things he doesn't want to do, like a General on the battlefield.

Yes..he doesn't lie very well (and agreed he looks very adorable! ) so that indicates he's not very good at underhand shennigans but I've thought this for a while now, what if the Man Who would Be King turns out to be Cas?
                          I've been thinking the same thing, and I believe it's very likely that he is.

I also noticed he has his tie on backwards...as in the back is showing to the front! I know what I mean! Is that a clue?
                          I just assumed that it was part of the whole 'scruffy' look he likes to sport. It's just the bottom part of the tie that got flipped over, happens quite often if a guy doesn't wear a tie pin.

I have to say, I have really come to like Balthazar. He is a great non-good guy.
                          Originally posted by Graybrew1 View Post
                          Sebastian Roche has always played a great bad guy with a twist, from Fringe, Alias, 24, CSI, and Charmed and Supernatural. He would do well in a starring role I believe too.
                          He was on '24' as well? What season?

I must say I love his accent. It fits perfectly with his performance.

sigpic

Comment

I guess this episode was one of the rare occasions where I was sad about the spoilers in knew beforehand (Ellen, and the mustang, and the scene tempting fate...). I guess without knowing that the episode would have been even better.

And I really love it already. Didn't it fell like the boys are back on track together and everything is normal between them as it should be?

The episode was much better than I hoped, it was far more serious and had some heartwrenching moments. I just say: Ellen. She and Bobby were perfect together, and I wonder how the boys will be able to get Bobby back on track on their own. I just hope they will.

They really have a knack for great supporting characters (especially if they are male) and find the perfect actors for them. They are there for a couple of scenes in two episodes and are already an integral part of the show, and this just happened to Balthasar

The most interesting part of the episode was the turn of Cass. So he now does lie to Sam and Dean? This can't lead to anything good at all and I want to know what's going to happen (at the same time I do not want the show to end too soon, but I guess that you can't have everything).
                            The cake is a lie!

Comment

I think their chances are pretty good since Smallville is ending. I don't think the CW would cancel both shows. But you never know...

I've been thinking the same thing, and I believe it's very likely that he is.

I just assumed that it was part of the whole 'scruffy' look he likes to sport. It's just the bottom part of the tie that got flipped over, happens quite often if a guy doesn't wear a tie pin.

He was on '24' as well? What season?
                              I must say I love his accent. It fits perfectly with his performance.

He was in the movie 24: Redemption. He played John Quinn, and uncredited continuation I think of same character for two eps in season 7.
                              Posting at.............

Comment

Working...
                              X