What's up with Telford.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's up with Telford.

A few episodes back in Twin Destinies all he wanted to do was get off the ship, even saying to Camille, "I only just got here (and I'm ready leave), I don't know about you".
    He was so desperate to leave that he risked everybody by going through with the mid-sun dialing and when several people volunteered to stay behind he considered dragging them through the wormhole by force.

Now after being back for a few short weeks, he is fully prepared to hijack a facility and engage in a shoot out with long time allies all in an effort to get back to Destiny.

So I ask again . . . What's up with Telford?

He was desperate to get people home safely, risking himself first. I'm pretty sure he'd have been the first to go back.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Yeah it seemed strange to me as well. One episode he is eager to get home, and now he wants to get back aboard Destiny. Maybe he has some hidden agenda we don't know about.

But, sadly, we may never find out
      sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

Telford cares for the crew of the Destiny and since in his original time line every one died, he has taken this one as his home and leaving the people of destiny alone. He seam to have an obligation whit them.
        sigpic
        - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Rylor View Post
          Maybe he has some hidden agenda we don't know about.
          Of he's a very moody person.

Or he got back, and found out it wasn't that bad on the Destiny after all.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
            Of he's a very moody person.

Or he got back, and found out it wasn't that bad on the Destiny after all.
            With Vanessa, it sure isn't.
            sigpic
            - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Isnt he the alternate Telford? Being from an alternate reality, maybe past events played out differently. Then maybe hes still brainwashed and on the LA side.

Its a long shot but would explain why the future Telford seems on the edge, like in season one. Even go back to Twin Destinies, the two seem to behave differently.

Comment

First of all, let's remember that he (and some other several million people) was nearly killed in LA attack. If I would have discovered that some allies making deals with people who acted like this, I would be pissed serious time.

Comment

I did not like Telford in this recent episode at all although I was surprised when he asked rodney to go the destiny, could you have imagined having rodney on the destiny for a whole season? I think I would have liked that...
                  sigpic

Comment

Isnt he the alternate Telford? Being from an alternate reality, maybe past events played out differently. Then maybe hes still brainwashed and on the LA side.
                    What? No. What?

No.

Just no. And what.

(To clarify: Alt-Telford came from a timeline with literally twelve hours or so of difference, in that, the first time through, he travelled back in time to sync up with our timeline through the gate when the crew dialled Earth within a star, and the second time through, he didn't, and was accidentally killed by alt-Rush. So why in the world would his whole backstory be affected from that one incident? OH NOES HE MUST BE BRAINWASHED AGAIN. Yeesh.)

To me, it's like this: Telford's first priority was to get everyone onboard that ship home. He doesn't care for Rush's hunt for the message in the background radiation, but can also see the value in getting the Destiny to its full strength and trying to use it somehow to get everyone home. Or something. I personally think it's more of him being an odd character that gets different treatment with different writers and with different stories, which wouldn't surprise me.
                    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by meo3000 View Post

Its a long shot but would explain why the future Telford seems on the edge, like in season one. Even go back to Twin Destinies, the two seem to behave differently.
                      He's not from an Alternate Reality. He's from an Alternate Timeline. Everything in his past is 100% exactly the same as the original Telford, the only difference is that he has 12 hours of extra memories (including the mid-sun dialing) that the original Telford did not have.

Comment

People are complicated. Anyone can change their minds again and again. That's all I get out of it. If there is something more, that would be cool, but I just feel like it's a regular character development type thing.
                        sigpic
                        Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
                        O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
                        Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
                        O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

Here are the things to consider:

In Twin Destinies, Telford was desperate to leave Destiny, because from his perspective, Destiny was literally just weeks away from total systems failure.

On the other hand, if they would've been successful in bringing home the Destiny crewmembers AND estabilishing a successful 9 chevron dial-out without blowing up the planet, they would be able to send back the proper crew, with proper equipment, and adequate supplies to (and I quote) "Restore Destiny to it's former glory".

These are exaxtly the words Telford used, when trying to convince McKay to join the team that eventually would head back to Destiny, if they are successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Pecisk View Post
                            First of all, let's remember that he (and some other several million people) was nearly killed in LA attack. If I would have discovered that some allies making deals with people who acted like this, I would be pissed serious time.
                            True.. Plus as he said to the Langaran deligation, that they want to reinforce the ships crew before the LA make another attack. They ONLY were able to do the first one CAUSE of him letting himself get brainwashed.. so he poss feels guilty cause of that.

On the other hand, if they would've been successful in bringing home the Destiny crewmembers AND estabilishing a successful 9 chevron dial-out without blowing up the planet, they would be able to send back the proper crew, with proper equipment, and adequate supplies to (and I quote) "Restore Destiny to it's former glory".
                            Unless those supplies included Destiny era parts, how would they exactly do that?

Comment

I think that Telford feels that he has a responisbility to Destiny's crew and that he needs to go back and help them. With supplies and qualified personnel it would make living on Destiny a lot safer than it currently is. I also don't think he's given up hope about getting the crew home, but he feels that his personal involvement is important. It might also be possible that he's feeling some sort of survivor's guilt. Everyone on his Destiny died, so maybe he wants to go back to try to prevent anything from happening to the crew of our Destiny. That being said, his insistence on dialing the 9th chevron even after his plans had failed was crazy. I hope Jack says something once Telford and the other SGC personnel get back, because I doubt that Telford was authorized to go as far as he did.
                              sigpic

Find your Destiny

Comment

Working...
                              X