X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth Stargate Point of Origin strikes again

>=c
    vlcsnap-2011-04-05-02h36m13s246.jpg

Milky Way Stargates have 39 symbols on them, there are 38 constaellations and the earth p.o.o, if any stargate uses one of the constellations as a point of origin then there are still 2 places left over, thus all stargates WILL have the earth p.o.o.

Planets with other symbols not seen on our gate, which so far is only three, they would be missing one of those 39 symbols. By the logic that the point of origin would not be on every gate, our gate should be missing at least 10 symbols.

Really not that far of a stretch to see how it would be there on another gate.

Comment

My understanding of the the point of origin is that the point of origin is singular and unique to each gate. Otherwise, what's the point?

Comment

It's a goof. The only non-constellation symbol on MW gates should be the PoO.

Comment

Originally posted by Flibby View Post
          My understanding of the the point of origin is that the point of origin is singular and unique to each gate. Otherwise, what's the point?
          if the planet is located in the same region of space as the constellation represents, they can have the same symbol. Would you ant to come up with MILLIONS of special symbols for the gates?

Originally posted by KEK View Post
          It's a goof. The only non-constellation symbol on MW gates should be the PoO.
          While I maintain that the earth p.o.o is on almost every gate just as taurus or norma is.

Comment

It seemed pretty clear in Air that the Earth PoO was part of the needed code to dial Destiny, because the Ancients only wanted it to be dialed from that one planet. If every gate in the galaxy had the same PoO, that would do no good.

Comment

It seemed pretty clear in Air that the Earth PoO was part of the needed code to dial Destiny, because the Ancients only wanted it to be dialed from that one planet. If every gate in the galaxy had the same PoO, that would do no good.
              Perhaps but consider this: Here is the final digit in my facebook password - 1 - Figure out the rest.

Comment

That's not really the point. They couldn't get the connection to work because they were using a different point of origin until they thought to use Earth's.
                (which, btw, isn't really Earth's PoO as far as the Ancients were concerned, since it's the PoO of the Stargate that Ra brought to Earth long after they were gone. Another goofy production error.)

Comment

That's not really the point. They couldn't get the connection to work because they were using a different point of origin until they thought to use Earth's.
                  (which, btw, isn't really Earth's PoO as far as the Ancients were concerned, since it's the PoO of the Stargate that Ra brought to Earth long after they were gone. Another goofy production error.)
                  If it wasnt the point of origin, the gate wouldnt work, we never saw a stargate activate using that symbol on the other gate, but the earth point of origin may have been on that gate as well, as there is no information otherwise, that is the fact.

Comment

Thunder and lightning, Earth Point of Origin striking! Matt Silver cares not, especially for this rot.
                    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Actually, we did see that the beta gate had a different point of origin in the first episode it was in, season 1, episode 18, 'Solitudes'.

The 7th button pressed is the bottom-right one that looks like this: o|
                      (other 2 are out of frame)
                      betapoo.jpg

If you meant the gate on Icarus base, well, it obviously didn't have the Earth PoO since it was using a different one.

Comment

Actually, we did see that the beta gate had a different point of origin in the first episode it was in, season 1, episode 18, 'Solitudes'.

The 7th button pressed is the bottom-right one that looks like this: o|
                        (other 2 are out of frame)

If you meant the gate on Icarus base, well, it obviously didn't have the Earth PoO since it was using a different one.
                        Yes but the stargate never worked, we never saw the gate use the p.o.o to establish any wormhole thus it was NOT the point of origin

Comment

That's the original one from when the Ancients lived there, it's much more of the point of origin than the one from the gate that Ra brought much later.

Comment

That's the original one from when the Ancients lived there, it's much more of the point of origin than the one from the gate that Ra brought much later.
                            I will say it again: We NEVER saw a Stargate on Earth use that symbol as a point of origin THEREFORE IT IS NOT THE POINT OF ORIGIN!!!

Jeez...

Comment

So it has to physically appear on the screen for you to believe anything? The facts stated by the characters aren't enough?

Comment

Working...
                              X