Favourite Moments/Quotes/Fun With Virtual Realities from 'Seizure'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Moments/Quotes/Fun With Virtual Realities from 'Seizure'

Even though I just finished the episode, I... uhh... don't have that many moments or qutoes off the top of my head, so this first post will be a little smaller than usual. Here's hoping the rest of y'all can fill in the blanks:

Moments:
    - Young and Scott switching into the Langaran administrator and captains. That was so sly. You go guys.

- Woosley's little "thank you" to McKay after stopping the dialling procedure. They must be getting all buddy-buddy back at Atlantis and stuff by now. That was cool.

- Eli's whole explanation about trying to be physical with Ginn and her not being against that - Chloe's face especially. I mean, wow. I lol'd.

- Eli's little look to Rush at the end. Ouch man. Go Blue.

Quotes:
    James: "Eyes up here."
    McKay: "We've met before, haven't we?"

Rush's constant referral to Young shouting at him when all is said and done. It's like five quotes, but I don't quite remember them all that well.

Greer: "You should listen to her, Doc."
    (Look who learnt his lesson then! Good on him).

McKay: "As far as you're concerned, I'm from the future."
    (Classic McKay).

Fun With Virtual Realities: Love me some Perry, love me some Rush... I especially liked when Rush so nonchalantly caused the ship to blow up after pressing a few buttons. I was like... O_O at how easily he did it. Dude's in control of this stuff. And the question for another thread: Did Rush love Perry? I'm going to say there's a very deep answer to that, about Rush's unconscious mind and stuff. That, or she just screwed up the parameters. Ho hum.

Carry on.
    Last edited by MattSilver 3k; 04 April 2011, 08:32 PM.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Moments:
    -the Langara Stargate, how I miss the Milky Way Stargates! I loved the whole dialing sequence in the end.

Quotes:
    I can't quite remember but the quote by Mckay involving not feeling well due to citrus?

Young: Sheppard was right.
    Mckay: About what?!

Sometimes I think if a episode was just dedicated to franchise references I would go nuts over all the little things. I like SGU, but at heart I am very much a SGA and SG1 fan.

And man! Now that I think about it Rush sure did blow up the virtual Destiny quickly! Man either Destiny is that easy to destroy or Rush is someone you really don't want to get on the other side of!

Comment

Eli and McKay arguing. We need more of those two! They work so well together.

Comment

I thought it was pretty monumental how Telford asked McKay to come aboard the Destiny. While it was probably just something to excite/appease the fans, if there were a third season I would think that it might be a definite consideration.

Comment

James: "I'm up here!"

Comment

One thing I did like about Seizure was the interesting music for the episode. There was a little reference to the Atlantis theme when we first see McKay. But the rest of the episode was all SGU, above average SGU too. The intense pulsing themes heard throughout the episode were definitely something that stood out to me.

McKay's level of involvement was just right for me. If he had been in the episode even more, I would've been annoyed as hell.
            sigpic

Comment

Eli: "Read the writing on the wall man"

Comment

Woolsey and Mckay were integrated naturally into the episode. it didn't FEEL like a cross-over (if it even was one). it wasn't like we had a small bubble of SGA within SGU.

it was awesome.

"i'm up here".

i laughed so hard my bro came to check on me.

loved the references to:

-the atlantis theme when mckay enters
                -citrus
                -sheppard
                -O'neill

also i liked that the Langarans turned down all LA offers. they weren't bad guys. and from the look of Telford's face, the offerings weren't mild.

Comment

I enjoyed the scene with Greer and TJ in the infirmary. The Greer character just gets better and better!
                  sigpic

Comment

McKay: I can talk very, very fast
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                      Moments:
                      -the Langara Stargate, how I miss the Milky Way Stargates! I loved the whole dialing sequence in the end.
                      Same here. It made me really nostalgic and helped to realize how much I've missed it. Good times.

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                      McKay's level of involvement was just right for me. If he had been in the episode even more, I would've been annoyed as hell.
                      I was perfectly happy with the amount of McKay's screen time. But some bits were too much for me, like mentioning citrus and Shep (still not exactly sure how to spell it ). There's only so much you can stuff about SGA into an episode of SGU. It was walking a fine line, imo.

Some of my fav moments were using the communication stones (I love how they've been using 'em!) in such sneaky way and kick-ass Greer. Will post quotes once transcript is up.
                      sigpic

Comment

Mckay ( Paraphrased, I haven't done my first rewatch yet ): "I made the presentation so that even a cat could understand it!"

What I liked a lot was that, while Earth is going down a darker path like this, they do have loyal allies. The Langarans refused everything the Lucian alliance had to offer to remain friends with Earth.

Comment

I wish Jonas made an appearance, but I guess that would have been too much.

Comment

Not a particularly fun, but heartbreaking Rush with Perry and Eli at the end of the episode (and Blue was shining too) was enough to justify this uneven but still great ep. Robbie is underrated world high class actor and it shows.

I have to agree Rush/Perry VR was little bit more interesting story wise.

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post
                              Mckay ( Paraphrased, I haven't done my first rewatch yet ): "I made the presentation so that even a cat could understand it!"

What I liked a lot was that, while Earth is going down a darker path like this, they do have loyal allies. The Langarans refused everything the Lucian alliance had to offer to remain friends with Earth.
                              The exact quote was: [to woolsey] "You saw my presentation... a cat could understand it!" hehe

I have a feeling Rodney wouldn't regard me as well as a cat......
                              sigpic
                              Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
                              O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
                              Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
                              O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

Working...
                              X