Dead should say dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead should say dead

I really disliked what they did with Ginn and Dr. Perry. I thought there "deaths" played an important factor, and it added some realism to the show. It was nice to see how their death's affected Rush and Eli. But i feel that them returning cheapens there original death.

In the past i have compared SGU to BSG...but this episode proves that SGU is going down another path and is showing less realism. What i liked in BSG is when people died...they stayed dead (cylons don't count, there machines and even their ability was taken away from them). Other then Starbuck, every man, women, or child, that died STAYED DEAD.

SGU always seems more realistic then SGA and SG1....so i feel there should have never been any resurrection for those that died.

If they wanted Ginn or Dr. Perry to appear in some form...it should have been in a dream/hallucination/flashback. They shouldn't have been put into Destiny to become something similar to an AI (not an AI though).

Does anyone agree with me. Should "Dead Men tell no tales"?

There is nothing realistic about having someone die because one other person was strangled several billion light years away.

Comment

I'll disagree to a point with you.

This is SciFi, so I'm ok with the dead returning. That being said, however, Stargate has abused this over the course of it's 14 year run (Daniel Jackson anybody?).
      sigpic
      ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
        (Daniel Jackson anybody?).
        Good Times

Comment

At least Ginn and Dr.Perry were brought back in a somewhat more original way than in previous stargate story lines.

But I don't mind them being back. Both characters were so likeable that it's the first time I've ever been ticked off at a characters death (although I did think it was very cool at the same time )
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by haloplayer View Post
            I really disliked what they did with Ginn and Dr. Perry. I thought there "deaths" played an important factor, and it added some realism to the show. It was nice to see how their death's affected Rush and Eli. But i feel that them returning cheapens there original death.

In the past i have compared SGU to BSG...but this episode proves that SGU is going down another path and is showing less realism. What i liked in BSG is when people died...they stayed dead (cylons don't count, there machines and even their ability was taken away from them). Other then Starbuck, every man, women, or child, that died STAYED DEAD.

SGU always seems more realistic then SGA and SG1....so i feel there should have never been any resurrection for those that died.

If they wanted Ginn or Dr. Perry to appear in some form...it should have been in a dream/hallucination/flashback. They shouldn't have been put into Destiny to become something similar to an AI (not an AI though).

Does anyone agree with me. Should "Dead Men tell no tales"?
            I am sorry to say that I disagree... under principle. Throughout the franchise, we all have learned that most dead characters don't stay dead. Ever. If you've ever known:

Spoiler:
            Apophis, Daniel (), Adria, SG-1, Carson, Weir (sorta), Thor, Telford, Replicators, "Tel'chak zombies", Ronon, or any other character

you know that Stargate never kills off semi-main characters permanently without showing their return at least once. If they're there for at least 2 episodes, they're not going to die senselessly. Kind of like in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

*Spoiler* T: SCC "To the Lighthouse"
            Spoiler:
            Derek got shot in the head without so much as putting up a fight

you knew that something was wrong with that... that he wasn't gone for good.

Anyway, it's always been this way in Stargate. I'm not saying that there aren't any characters that die permanently or that it's a bad thing, but that it's a good thing that they don't kill off characters without them putting up a fight or helping someone by dying.

Comment

Originally posted by sgc View Post
              I am sorry to say that I disagree... under principle. Throughout the franchise, we all have learned that most dead characters don't stay dead. Ever. If you've ever known:

Spoiler:
              Apophis, Daniel (), Adria, SG-1, Carson, Weir (sorta), Thor, Telford, Replicators, "Tel'chak zombies", Ronon, or any other character

you know that Stargate never kills off semi-main characters permanently without showing their return at least once. If they're there for at least 2 episodes, they're not going to die senselessly. Kind of like in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

*Spoiler* T: SCC "To the Lighthouse"
              Spoiler:
              Derek got shot in the head without so much as putting up a fight

you knew that something was wrong with that... that he wasn't gone for good.

Anyway, it's always been this way in Stargate. I'm not saying that there aren't any characters that die permanently or that it's a bad thing, but that it's a good thing that they don't kill off characters without them putting up a fight or helping someone by dying.
              If you want to get technical, the Derek that got shot in the head STAYED DEAD. The Derek that John Connor met in the future in the last episode was a different one, one from a different timeline (that's why he didn't remember John).

Comment

THIS IS STARGATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one stays dead!

Comment

A reason why I love science fiction is everybody has a chance of coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by haloplayer View Post
                    If you want to get technical, the Derek that got shot in the head STAYED DEAD. The Derek that John Connor met in the future in the last episode was a different one, one from a different timeline (that's why he didn't remember John).
                    I know, but what my point was that the character itself (Derek Reese in some form) is still in the show.

Comment

Working...
                    X