X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some help or advice please

I have to re-buy the season 2 boxset.

Ever since I have had y season 2 boxset (few years now), there has always been problems with discs 2 & 3, namely on the episodes "The Girl In The Fire Place" and "The Idiots Lantern". During the opening and middle on "The Girl In The Fireplace", the disc would always freeze for in WMP. It however works fine in VLC. Haven't tried it on my blu-ray player or any of my other DVD players yet.

Unfortuntely, this would not be the same for "The Idiots Lantern" on disc 3 where the disc would completely freeze around about the 24 minute mark, where the Doctor sees the faceless Rose for the first time. It would do this in WMP and VLC and not work until I restart the disc and skip a few scenes ahead. Again, haven't tried it in the blu-ray or various DVD players.

Kind of late for me to get a replacement boxset as the Amazon return policy is only 30 days, and I bought this a few years ago like I said earlier.

I've however looked at both discs and they are both clean with no scratches at all. This leads me to believe that it may be a manufacturing error. Anyone else had these problems with these specific discs and if so, should I rebuy the boxset?

Also, if I rebuy the boxset, would a newer edition have the correct audio for the 2005 Children In Need mini episode aswell, or is that a lost cause?
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Working...
X