Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Finale, Part 2 (1022)

Visit the Episode GuideSMALLVILLE SEASON TEN
    FINALE, PART 2
    EPISODE NUMBER - 1022

Clark must seize his ultimate destiny to become the hero the world needs when an alien planet threatens to crash into Earth. Lois tries to convince the President not to try nuking the threat, and Lex Luthor is reborn.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >

Special Note: This thread covers the second half of "Finale," which originally
    aired as a single event. If you want to talk about only Part 1 in particular,
    please use the "Finale, Part 1" thread instead.
    Last edited by Darren; May 18th, 2011 at 04:23 PM.

Default Re: Smallville Season 10 Spoiler Thread

What an awesome final episode! That's the way to end a series. Thanks to everyone that worked on this and especially Tom Welling - one of the most fully developed Clark Kent's ever. I'll miss seeing all of you each week.

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

While this may not have pleased everyone, it definitely worked well enough for me. I thought this was a great finale, very fitting for this show. Those final moments were magical for me, as Clark finally took his final steps towards becoming Superman.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Would have been nice to have a full shot of Clark in the suit. Closest non CG we got was him tearing off his shirt to reveal it at the end.

That's two hours of my life I want back. Now I remember why I stopped watching this show so many years ago (Guess I was still in high school then). Not my cup of tea, way too much melodrama.

For me, the return of Lex made things that much sweeter. It was great to truly see him again.

"...phu...ah..."

Quote Originally Posted by Vyse View Post
    That's two hours of my life I want back. Now I remember why I stopped watching this show so many years ago (Guess I was still in high school then). Not my cup of tea, way too much melodrama.
    I'm with you there. I looked in on the first episode, decided that "Smallville 90210" was not for me and never really looked at it again. Not sure what possessed me to watch this thing tonight. Maybe I was being sentimental about the number of TV series filmed around here which are ending (Smallville, Stargate).

They looked like they were trying to do a tip of the hat to the Chris Reeve movie from '78, which was nice I suppose. Ah well, moving on. Sorry to rain on anyone's parade.

regards,
    G.
    Go for Marty...

Return of Lex. Return of 'Jimmy' Olson. Nice snips of Lana (Kristin Kreuk always played tug of war with Morena Baccaran for my fantasy wife). Clark finally donning the suit. The original theme song. Wish Pete could have made an appearance somewhere.

A fine, fine ending for one of my guilty pleasures over the last decade. With this finale, I won't feel the loss that I feel for SGU and the 'gate franchises in general. Well done, CW. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Shylodog View Post
    Return of Lex. Return of 'Jimmy' Olson. Nice snips of Lana (Kristin Kreuk always played tug of war with Morena Baccaran for my fantasy wife). Clark finally donning the suit. The original theme song. Wish Pete could have made an appearance somewhere.

A fine, fine ending for one of my guilty pleasures over the last decade. With this finale, I won't feel the loss that I feel for SGU and the 'gate franchises in general. Well done, CW. Well done.
    I have to agree with you there, minus the Kristin Kreuk/Morena Baccaran thing. The CW really did end well with the series. It was too bad I missed like half the episodes this season. I thought that it was also great that Clark finally flew as himself and after donning the suit. I shall miss the show, though I might start RPing it now. -shrugs- I dunno.
    <a href=http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz329/rayc5678/GateworldBleachSignature2.jpg target=_blank>http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/z...Signature2.jpg</a>

i really enjoyed the finale.it wasnt perfect but it had way more ups than downs.my only gripe is i wish the climax involved more of a fight with darkseid than wat we had but i know unfortunalty that darn budget wouldnt allow it.it was great to see lex back and i feel it was handled very well.but of course the highlight was clark finally flying!finally wearing the suit and saving the day as superman.also aaron ashmore's cameo as the real jimmy was awesome!

Default Re: Finale, Part 2 (1022)

Despite the fact that every shot of Superman was CGI and there was never a good solid shot of him, I still thought it was one of the best finales I've ever seen. And when he started flying during the DarkSeid fight was completely awesome.

The 2018 bookmark scenes were nice too. Chloe saying "and that's the day he became Superman" (paraphrased) wasn't the way I expected them to introduce the Superman name. I'm guessing Chloe and Oliver's kid having his own bow and arrow was a nod to Speedy/Red Arrow.

The scenes with the Luthers were some of the best. Especially when Tess kicked the $#[email protected] out of Lionel's goons.

Loved the finale. The way they worked the movie music in at the end and nods to certain things from the films was awesome. Really going to miss this series. Wish they had just used these folks for the next Superman film. They've earned it.

Chief Master Sergeant

A correct ending.

Was a bit saddened that they had to partially press the reset button. I mean dump Kara last week since she could have flown and save the day faster than Clark. They made her stronger than Clark from day one, so i can somewhat understand why they did it, since if she had stayed, Clark would have probably been known as Supergirl's little cousin instead of the other way around. Even so, it's bad planning for me.

Didn't like having Lex's memories erased either, but i'm not sure they could have handled it any other way.
    After that, I almost expected Lois's mind to be wiped too in order to connect better with the superman movies.

But those are small problems, it was still a good finale.

I enjoyed it. It could have been better, but the parting shot of him on the roof and the music was a nice send off to a great series.

I thought they really rushed the wrap up to the DarkSeid stuff, but since that wasn't what the finale was really about, I didn't mind much.

Loved seeing Lex/MR back as well as AA.

Kinda sad to see it go, but 10 years is a long time, and I have the dvds to still enjoy.
    IMO always implied.

Lame rehash of things that've already been done.

Why introduce one of the best villains in DC comics and give him such a weaksauce role.

They should've ended it with an hour long beatdown between supes and darkseid.

Fortunately if you want to see much better character interaction between Darkseid & Superman refer to the animated versions. Way better.

Click to around 7 min (look on lexx's face is the best)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pneBD...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRsRlynQevA
    Last edited by skarwolf; May 14th, 2011 at 10:42 AM.

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by flobo View Post
    After that, I almost expected Lois's mind to be wiped too in order to connect better with the superman movies.
    SV has always tried to emulate the mythology, not just the movies...and they've honoured that to an extent. Anyone who reads the comics knows Lois KNOWS Clark's identity, and that they are married. Other nods to comic mythology were ripe in this finale (Lex coming back in a cloned body and his ascension to Presidency, and yes, even forgetting Clark was Superman, which he knew breifly in the comics during the Manchester Black arc)

Chief Master Sergeant

Yes, but Brandom Routh's costume, the musical theme, the fact that Jonathan died from an heart attack, this is more related to the movies than to the comics.

They've always navigated in between, and i would have prefere for them to make their own ending than force themselve to reach a statue quo.

Chief Master Sergeant

well the saving was meh (took 10 sec to blew away gigantic planet and didnt even destry it so it would not harm other planets) and to see clark fly was like 1min in total for 2 part episode final

story was good but yeah to much melodrama in it
    now it needs prequel what is a show about how he is superman and the adventures with the justice league
    sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

very, very nice series ender.

while i was watching, i felt like crying a couple or so times. it was very sentimental, and i loved it!!

i also had this sadness watching it, not just b/c it was the last smallville ep, but b/c... it was just really nice to see a series give the fans what they want before the end! (why stargate, why... )

i was shocked by tess's death. she was never one of my faves, but still. (((tess)))

LOVED that chloe wasn't killed off, or ended up with that fate mask and never got to have a nice life! she ended up with oliver and a child. happiness all around!

~chloe/oliver was my fave ship. WONDERFUL to see this ship handled with love and respect, for the fans too!~

(why stargate, why not with s/j?... )

so anyway, i'm going to miss this series. s10 has not been my fave season (i felt they pushed themselves to write this last season, just so they could break sg1's 10 year record), but i very much enjoyed this send-off.

now i have sanctuary and... uh... i've got some other scifi shows to watch... V... nope... uh.... i'll get back to you on that.
    sally

I watched this again this evening, and it was even better the second time around. They really did do a pretty good job with ending this show.

"...phu...ah..."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast