• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
    I already started this one
    So did I.

April 2nd...
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...N-Renewal-News...

But, W00t! So happy I could scream! But I'll settle for jumping for joy. This is great news to come home from work to.
    sigpic
    Sig by ME.

Comment

The thread I started was supposed to be the new spoiler thread - yours was about the renewal news. And I don't really understand what LtColCarter means with "Spoilers must be tagged" because in the spoiler thread we normally don't tag the spoilers.

*is confused*
      *hasn't slept well*
      The cake is a lie!

Comment

Rumor has it that Misha Collins is either leaving the show or being demoted to a guest star again. Someone named SuperntrlFreak tweeted it but no one official has confirmed or denied it.

http://blastr.com/2011/04/rumor-of-the-day-supernat.php

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
          The thread I started was supposed to be the new spoiler thread - yours was about the renewal news. And I don't really understand what LtColCarter means with "Spoilers must be tagged" because in the spoiler thread we normally don't tag the spoilers.

*is confused*
          *hasn't slept well*
          Join the club!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
            If a show stops being interesting to me I stop watching it. Easy.
            Pity you have to rain on everyone's else parade!
            I second that. If you don't have anything nice to say then get the heck outta here don't say anything at all. Thank you.

I cannot wait for S7! Remember the rumors (started my Bob Singer if memory serves) about a "musical episode" if there was to be a S7? Weeeeelllll, there's a S7! It'd be interesting to see how they would pull something like that off. We all know that Jensen can sing, we know Misha can sing, and we know that Jared, well, can't sing. So, that brings up the question: How does a musical eppy happen if one of the leads can't sing? And what the heck do they sing about? What do they sing? Songs written specifically for the eppy (and their characters)? Like they did for the Buffy musical... Or mullet rock? I would love it if this idea were to come to fruition! Can you imagine a whole episode of Jensen/Dean singing? Heaven. Pure heaven.
            sigpic
            Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
              I cannot wait for S7! Remember the rumors (started my Bob Singer if memory serves) about a "musical episode" if there was to be a S7? Weeeeelllll, there's a S7! It'd be interesting to see how they would pull something like that off. We all know that Jensen can sing, we know Misha can sing, and we know that Jared, well, can't sing. So, that brings up the question: How does a musical eppy happen if one of the leads can't sing? And what the heck do they sing about? What do they sing? Songs written specifically for the eppy (and their characters)? Like they did for the Buffy musical... Or mullet rock? I would love it if this idea were to come to fruition! Can you imagine a whole episode of Jensen/Dean singing? Heaven. Pure heaven.
              I would love a whole ep of Jensen singing, but having recently watch the Grey's Anatomy musical episode, I'm a little worried how they could do it. The Grey's ep was confusing, and they tried to move the plot along with it and it just failed. I would hate to see that happen to SPN. For the life of me, I can't figure out a way for them to do one that would fit with the make-up of the show.

But if they can figure it out, I'm all for 44 minutes of being serenaded by Jensen. I honestly wouldn't care what came out of his mouth at that point
              sigpic

Comment

Well... they can go the Xena route... when they did the first Musical Episode, if I remember correctly, both Callisto and Gabrielle were dubbed. Disney does it a lot also, if the actor can't sing, they get someone who can for it.

Mulan had Lea Salonga as her singing voice, she also sang for Jasmine in Aladdin.
                Roger Bart (Stepford Wives!) sang for Josh Keaton for Young Hercules
                Jim Cummings took over Scar for Jeremy Irons halfway through Be Prepared. He also sang for Rasputin in Anastasia since Christ Lloyd can't sing.

It's a common practice really.

They would just need to find someone to sound a lot like Jared to sing...
                That or majorly work on voice lessons for Jared and hope for a Miracle. ::Looks at Castiel.::
                Last edited by SkeksisGirl; 28 April 2011, 10:38 AM. Reason: Forgot about the uber talented Jim Cummings!

Comment

Originally posted by blazingfire View Post
                  I found this on a quick Google search...

http://www.amazon.com/Supernatural-R.../dp/1401222056
                  There's two more trades, one before, one after. Origins starts right after Mary dies, and Beginning's end sets up everything for the pilot episode. I own all three.

Comment

Originally posted by SkeksisGirl View Post
                    There's two more trades, one before, one after. Origins starts right after Mary dies, and Beginning's end sets up everything for the pilot episode. I own all three.
                    I might have to check those out!

Anyone have any speculations about S7?
                    sigpic

Comment

I think how the story is developed depends on whether the actors want to stay...or if they fit with the ideas the writers will have.

I know for this season Jim Beaver didn't want to be a regular so maybe that'll remain the same...or maybe he's had enough. I hope not.

As for Cas, the same thing applies to Misha...maybe he wants to move on. Or maybe after the finale he'll not be needed anymore.

I think one thing's pretty certain though, Sam and Dean's relationship will be good - mostly. I don't think testing it again to the limit would be a good thing to do. Been there done that.

That's one reason I love this show so much, the writers are willing to take risks without losing the soul of the show!

So whatever direction the show takes, even though it won't please everyone, I'm sure it'll be good.
                      sigpic

Comment

I think how the story is developed depends on whether the actors want to stay...or if they fit with the ideas the writers will have.

I know for this season Jim Beaver didn't want to be a regular so maybe that'll remain the same...or maybe he's had enough. I hope not.

As for Cas, the same thing applies to Misha...maybe he wants to move on. Or maybe after the finale he'll not be needed anymore.

I think one thing's pretty certain though, Sam and Dean's relationship will be good - mostly. I don't think testing it again to the limit would be a good thing to do. Been there done that.

That's one reason I love this show so much, the writers are willing to take risks without losing the soul of the show!

So whatever direction the show takes, even though it won't please everyone, I'm sure it'll be good.
                        Yeah, I do hope that Jim Beaver comes back. I love his character. And it would be nice to keep Cas too!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SkeksisGirl View Post
                          Well... they can go the Xena route... when they did the first Musical Episode, if I remember correctly, both Callisto and Gabrielle were dubbed. Disney does it a lot also, if the actor can't sing, they get someone who can for it.
                          I hope they don't go that route because I would like to hear Jared sing...even if it's just a couple lines. Like Willow did in the Buffy musical episode. Apparently Alyson can't sing (or was to shy to sing) and so she either sang when everyone else was singing or just that one line: "I think this line is mostly filler." ...yeah, I know all the songs, almost by heart. If Jared sings along with Jensen or others that would be fine with me, cuz, then it'd be his voice - which didn't sound all that bad when he and Jensen were singing Wanted Dead or Alive in "No Rest For The Wicked". And Sam's "Oh, yeaah." is too cute, and his "WANTED!" is awesome!

Jim Cummings took over Scar for Jeremy Irons halfway through Be Prepared.
                          I heard that, he did a hell of a job because I can't even tell the difference between his and Jeremy Irons' voice. And Jeremy killed it as Scar! ...my favorite LK character. Also, Be Prepared is my favorite LK song! Yes, I know all the words to that one too. I even did a spoof of it for an SGA thread in the Fun & Games section where Rodney was singing the song to his staff, it went over really well. That's how much I love the song!

That or majorly work on voice lessons for Jared and hope for a Miracle. ::Looks at Castiel.::
                          *looks at Castiel too*
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME.

Comment

I hope they don't go that route because I would like to hear Jared sing...even if it's just a couple lines. Like Willow did in the Buffy musical episode. Apparently Alyson can't sing (or was to shy to sing) and so she either sang when everyone else was singing or just that one line: "I think this line is mostly filler." ...yeah, I know all the songs, almost by heart. If Jared sings along with Jensen or others that would be fine with me, cuz, then it'd be his voice - which didn't sound all that bad when he and Jensen were singing Wanted Dead or Alive in "No Rest For The Wicked". And Sam's "Oh, yeaah." is too cute, and his "WANTED!" is awesome!
                            I still wanna know where this whole "Jared can't sing" came from.

I heard that, he did a hell of a job because I can't even tell the difference between his and Jeremy Irons' voice. And Jeremy killed it as Scar! ...my favorite LK character. Also, Be Prepared is my favorite LK song! Yes, I know all the words to that one too. I even did a spoof of it for an SGA thread in the Fun & Games section where Rodney was singing the song to his staff, it went over really well. That's how much I love the song!
                            After Scar goes "YOU WON'T GET A SNIFF WITHOUT ME!" Jim takes over the song. If you are familiar with his Pete/Negaduck/Fazul voice you can hear the difference. Personally I loved when Darkwing sang in the first episode of Darkwing Duck. Did you know that Jim is like three characters in Winnie the Pooh?

Comment

(...)
                              If a show stops being interesting to me I stop watching it. Easy.
                              Pity you have to rain on everyone's else parade!
                              I second that. If you don't have anything nice to say then get the heck outta here don't say anything at all. Thank you.

(...)
                              Touchy, touchy. Kinda reminds me of the convention episode back in season 5 when Becky was shouting "IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T READ IT!!!!11111" when someone criticized the show. You guys might want to re-watch the episode, maybe you will get the point then. If you can't stomach any dissenting opinion then you should probably get off the Internet.

In all seriousness though: All shows have to end and Supernatural had the perfect ending back in season 5. Even Kripke wanted to end it because he had told everything he wanted to. I was against a six season in the first place because I know from experience how fast a good show can degenerate if it is spread out over to many seasons. Season six is not even close to any of the earlier seasons, it is an inconsistent mess without any real main plot (and what little there is doesn't make much sense and isn't even close to the quality of the earlier seasons). Even the monster of the week episodes aren't as good as before.

I doubt anyone here will claim season 6 is better than the earlier seasons or even on the same level. Unless TBTP get some better writing and something even close to an idea of where they are going this decay will continue in season 7 and it is painfull for me to see a once brilliant show sink into mediocrity and lower. That's why I could very easily do without another season.
                              In the darkness of night we hear the whispers of the void

Comment

Originally posted by Jaemal View Post
                                Touchy, touchy. Kinda reminds me of the convention episode back in season 5 when Becky was shouting "IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T READ IT!!!!11111" when someone criticized the show. You guys might want to re-watch the episode, maybe you will get the point then. If you can't stomach any dissenting opinion then you should probably get off the Internet.

[...................................]
                                Okay... that's funny.

And yes, I remember it well. The reason that whole episode was so hilarious was the writers had a big poke at the dissenting fans and also the rabid fan girls. We all got it in the neck. I'll happily admit to being a nutty fan girl (or boy – equal opportunities) ) like Becky...as do most of the other people on here I should imagine....that's the whole point of the joke. I can happily laugh at myself...

You might be interested to know that these same arguments were used about season four and season five. Some fans hated those seasons...but still watched though and griped big time. go figure!

There's a huge amount of fans who love this season ( you tend to only hear the dissenters as they shout the loudest) ...and by the time its finished it'll probably be my number two favourite...although I hate having to choose as I love them all for differing reasons. Season four will always be my favourite, and I can't see that changing any time soon.

Kripke had a plan. Not the same as wanting to end it. He admitted he never thought the series would get a second season let alone five. He's also happy to keep around and write an episode (he's doing the finale as he usually does.)

Maybe season seven will be good or maybe it won't, but based on the writers abilities to give us an interesting take on the world according to Sam and Dean, I'll happy go along for the ride.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X