This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

atlantis team

i was wondering why we did not bring any zats or energy weapons to atlantis. aldo we should have brought some f-302s. the could have been brought in peices and reassembled.

We have about a million threads asking this question...

But anyhoo... Possible spoilerage below:

Spoiler:
    Once the SGC got the connection to the Pegasus galaxy, they only had 38 minutes (the maximum time a wormhole could be open) to get everyone and everything through the gate. Since they didn't exactly know what would be on the pegasus side of the gate. They needed to take essential personnel, equipment and supplies only to Atlantis. A dismantled F-302 would have taken up space and be unnecessary for the time being. In any case, the Atlantis team brought only the basic essentials to Atlantis. Whatever esle they would need would have to be procured by other means.

As for the Zats and staff weapons, they are a part of SG-1, and the producers want to keep SG-1 and Atlantis two separate and distinct shows. Therefore, no Zats and staff weapons in Atlantis.

Comment

Wow seriously use the search function .. there are atleast 3 of these threads created TODAY and about 12 somewhere else on the forums...

Comment

I can agree with the zats. they come in handy. However, at the end of the series, there'll be a crossover, and some extra military stuff will come to pegasus via ship. maybe a couple of F302s will be in there? But I wonder where they'd put them? Do you think they'd go in the jumper bay?
        Last edited by Funkmeister; 22 January 2005, 08:00 PM. Reason: Accidentally hit quote instead of reply. D'oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Funkmeister
          I can agree with the zats. they come in handy. However, at the end of the series, there'll be a crossover, and some extra military stuff will come to pegasus via ship. maybe a couple of F302s will be in there? But I wonder where they'd put them? Do you think they'd go in the jumper bay?
          why would they even need them when they already have far superiour puddle jumpers?

Comment

You think they knew about puddlejumpers before they discovered them.....

and SGA and SG-1 are the same universe. Zats I think should have come, but you never see SG members besides tealc having staffs. I mean really, mckay was already in a few episodes, as was weir i think, if they wanted to keep the two shows seperate dont have dr jackson in rising and dont have Home.
            RADEK ZELENKA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well, keeping the shows separate doesn’t mean they’re going to ignore each other. It means that they want to showcase different technology and different characters. Yes, practically speaking it would’ve been smart to bring all that stuff, but design wise, it’s cooler to come up with all new toys for these people to play with. So I think it’s understandable.

Comment

the wraith stunners do the same thing as zats but are 10 times bigger

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorgerheaus
                  the wraith stunners do the same thing as zats but are 10 times bigger
                  Stunners dont kill - read the "Wraith Tech -atlantis spoilers-" thread in the Atlantis forum

Comment

There's no way they will get F302's through the Gate in "Seige pt. 2".

They sent ALL their information on Atlantis to the SGC in Letter From Peg. That includes information on the fact that PJ's exist. Who needs F302's when you've got Jumpers?

If anything, there will be F302's in the Daedalus.

Comment

there would be for all the other guys who can pilot but cant pilot pj's...
                      well, there should be lol
                      just gotta wait and see.

Comment

Quetzcoatl, Spoiler Warnings man Spoiler Warnings!

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Carbito
                          why would they even need them when they already have far superiour puddle jumpers?
                          extra firepower!! What's better than four cakes? the answer is four cakes and two bowls of cherries!

They have a few PJ's, but the addition of some F-302's would be most welcome!

Of course, where would they store them? I don't think F302's have VTOL (vertical take off and landing) and I don't see any runways on atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Funkmeister
                            extra firepower!! What's better than four cakes? the answer is four cakes and two bowls of cherries!

They have a few PJ's, but the addition of some F-302's would be most welcome!

Of course, where would they store them? I don't think F302's have VTOL (vertical take off and landing) and I don't see any runways on atlantis.
                            They are not VTOL aircraft and they do not fit through a gate without being disassembled. That makes them not very useful cherries.

Comment

As to where they can keep them, Atlantis is a whole city, I'm sure it has an airport or a hanger of some kind and yeah, they won't fit through the gate but you could still use them in defence of the planet, while the jumpers are attacking elsewhere.

And unlike the jumpers they can be piloted by anyone. Hell they can even give a few to the Genii as a peace offering. But yeah, I don't think they're get one let alone a few through the gate.

Comment

Working...
                              X