No announcement yet.

possible plothole ? franklin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So perhaps the 'freeze cloud of doom' only comes down when it fully downloads your consiousness, to get rid of the body.

Comment

It's probably just to get rid of the body.

Comment

I still wonders what happen to Franklin's body?

Comment

Franklin only had one consciousness though. Cloe had three.

It's possible the chair detected that her body still contained a consciousness in it and, as such, didn't break it down.
          sigpic
          ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

That it might have.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
              If the chair can transfer the consciousness like it did this episode then what happened to franklin's body ? shouldn't his body be there on the chair (nothing happened to chloe's body) while his consciousness was transferred to the destiny's computer ?
              I can't think of a realistic explanation except the following: The chair (being an ancient chair) gave Franklin the knowledge to ascend.... That's all I can think of.

I don't know... this show can be confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by stargirl99 View Post

I can't think of a realistic explanation except the following: The chair (being an ancient chair) gave Franklin the knowledge to ascend.... That's all I can think of.
                That seems rather unlikely given how old the Destiny is.

We know that some Ancients managed to survive the plague by ascending 5-10 million years ago, but a great many of them were not so fortune. Thus, the ability to provide a technological assist to those not yet ready to ascension must have either not yet been invented yet or was still in its early, experimental stage.

We also know the Ancients weren't able to perfect that technology as of 10,000 years ago as the ascend-o device McKay encountered in "Tao of Rodney" (Atlantis: Season 3, Episode 14) not only led to a person's death if they were unable to ascend, but because, as mentioned at the end of the episode, "the Ancient database states that its effects on people are wildly unpredictable and that [McKay was] just lucky [he] wasn't instantly melted down into a pool of protoplasm."

It can't be a prototype of a perfected device either as, by all indications the Ancients who survived the Wraith war still had to choose to try to ascend the other fashion way or live and die as mortals. Morgon le Fay, for example, described the Lantian survivors being forced to integrate with the human tribes, disappear through the Antarctica gate, or dedicate the remainder of their lives to "seclusion and medication" in order to try to ascend. Meanwhile, some of the Ancients who remained behind in the Pegasus galaxy created a reverse time dilation field to give their people a place where they could try to naturally reach ascension without having to worry about the Wraith finding them before they either succeeded or expired.
                Last edited by Xaeden; 22 March 2024, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X