possible plothole ? franklin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

possible plothole ? franklin

If the chair can transfer the consciousness like it did this episode then what happened to franklin's body ? shouldn't his body be there on the chair (nothing happened to chloe's body) while his consciousness was transferred to the destiny's computer ?

Maybe he instructed the computer to vaporize it, or a robot carted it off to some cryogenic storage bay. In any case, Franklin used the unmodified chair. Rush altered the chair's function for download only.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
      If the chair can transfer the consciousness like it did this episode then what happened to franklin's body ? shouldn't his body be there on the chair (nothing happened to chloe's body) while his consciousness was transferred to the destiny's computer ?
      the process might have a start middle end and rush stopped it per young's orders in the start middle range.
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Its been a while but didnt the temperature in the room get incredibly low when Franklin was in the chair? I seem to remember Riley making a comment about that or something, and when they opened the door the room was all frosty and fog everywhere...

That'd seem to suggest his body did get frozen and spirited away somewhere, which would make sense if that was actually a function the chair was designed to do.

Comment

Originally posted by droid327 View Post
          Its been a while but didnt the temperature in the room get incredibly low when Franklin was in the chair? I seem to remember Riley making a comment about that or something, and when they opened the door the room was all frosty and fog everywhere...

That'd seem to suggest his body did get frozen and spirited away somewhere, which would make sense if that was actually a function the chair was designed to do.
          That would make sense. A person could be linked to the computer and their body taken away to be cryogenically preserved. Any extended use of Destiny's upload capabilities would result in the body being unable to take care of basic needs or if something bad happened, death would take a few days due to lack of water and food.

sigpic

Comment

Perhaps his body was converted into energy, a stargate does it why wouldnt a chair linked to your brain be able to.

Comment

Put into stasis somewhere on the ship? Converted into protien and used in one of Becker's meals? Rendered down and used as fertiliser for the Thunderdome garden? Take your pick.
              Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

they showed some tubes that looked like classic hibernation/cryogenic pods during the episodes where the LA invaded the ship, you know the one where eli and chloe were running around unexplored areas of the ship
                I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Given that stasis pods appear sometime at the end of season 2, maybe Franklin's body was put in storage there. Or, he could have simply been ejected into space, vaporized, whatever you can think of...
                  sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

When Franklin sat in the chair fog like thing came down in the room, it even happened in twin destiny

Are we supposed to believe that Rush figured out how to over cone it

Comment

I think there is still much to be learned about how exactly the chair works and I fear we won't get to know all the answers in season 2. But maybe Perry and Ginn will be able to give some insight. Maybe Franklin will be able to come back. I hope so.

Comment

I am thinking the body was destroyed..

Comment

The fog also came down when band aid Rush used the chair in Twin Destinies. Frankin and rush also used the chair without disapearing so it doesn't always do that.

Comment

It must depend on the circumstances or something. Band-aid Rush had our Rush do something before he sat in the chair, perhaps it was activating whatever it did to Franklin?

Comment

I think that Franklin's body was converted into some form of energy, similar to ascension, but in a limited form. From what we saw, the same thing (the body disappearing) likely happen to the other Rush on-board the other Destiny in "Twin Destinies."

However, Chloe's body did not disappear because the host consciousness, Chloe, was still inside the body; they only downloaded Mandy and Ginn into the computer, leaving Chloe inside her own body.

Comment

Working...
                              X