Langara in SGU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Langara in SGU?

So i am somewhat curious what role Langara is going to play in dialing the 9 chevron address.... From what i remember, Anubis took the Langaran's stockpile of Naquadria. Maybe he didnt take it all? Also, i believe that Earth lost contact with Langara during the Ori invasion of the milky way and we haven't heard from them since... I am siked for the episode but i hope that someone can clarify for me if i am missing anything.

The planet has Naquadria veins in it's crust.

Comment

Anubis didn't take any naquadria from Langara. He was defeated before he could actually do anything. And since the naquadria is far below the surface, it would have to be mined somehow, if that were even possible. Watch S7, "Homecoming" and "Fallout" to find out what happened. The Langarans still have all the naquadriah in the planet's crust.

And, happily, the Langarans apparently survived the invasion of the Ori.

(*I'm hoping there might be even a small mention of what happened to Jonas Quinn.*)

Comment

I am wondering how thye are even going to convince them to let us use their planet, since both the past 2 used blew up!

Comment

Spoiler:
          The Langarans have found a way to channel the energy from their planet and can channel it into the gate to dial Destiny

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
            Spoiler:
            The Langarans have found a way to channel the energy from their planet and can channel it into the gate to dial Destiny
            Spoiler:
            i don' t think that the channeling of energy is a problem, they had to do this before on Icarus. I think the major prolbem is that they have to find the right way to do it, I mean without blowing upthe planet

Comment

thanks for the clarification... I havent seen those eps in awhile. I agree at the very least, i hope we get a jonas name drop or an explanation of the ori occupation. Maybe the Langarans acquired the secret of power distribution from the Ori or an Ori data base of some kind. That would be an interesting twist.

Comment

How cool it would be if Jonas himself appeared in tonights episode???
                "Do you know what's the Chain of Command?? It's the chain i'm gonna beat you
                with until you realize who's in rotten command here." - Jayne Cobb

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan Reynolds View Post
                  About as cool as Maybourne in Watergate.

Comment

It would suck horribly! Why would you think there would be SG-1 fans around here?

Comment

only in fanfic
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

It would of made me very very very happy!

Originally posted by Vanek26 View Post
                        About as cool as Maybourne in Watergate.
                        Thats really cool .

Comment

Spoiler:
                          too bad he didn't.

Comment

it was a shame that Quinn wasn't there.

i loved the Langarans. i hope that they get to advance more soon

Comment

I though the Langaran would be like the rich middle east of the Milkyway with Naquadria reserve ,and Earth and LA keep blowing other Naquadria planet.

Their technologies should have evlove beyone 1940's since the Ori war.

Earth's little attemp at unauthorise use of their facilities probably making the Langaran dis- trust Earth , but still request Earth to protect them from LA.
                              It mirror the cureent US relation ship with Saudi Arabia .
                              The Saudi doesn't like the American , but is better to side with the American than the al-Qaeda.
                              The with Earth military stay around Langaran ,but unable to use their facilities to dial Destiny.

The native Langaran will get piss off with so many of their military staying close to their world, and they form their anti Earth movement terrorist gorup.

Comment

Working...
                              X