So....Destiny now has an EMH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So....Destiny now has an EMH?

It'd be funny if they just "hung a lamp on it" (SG1, 200) and had Perry pop up and ask TJ to "Please state the nature of the medical emergency"

Likewise, Rush and Eli both have virtual girlfriends. What exactly happens if Eli and Ginn have a fight and break up? Does she start haunt-dating other guys on the ship?

I also found it weird that they all were just assuming they'd be able to eventually download Ginn and Perry back into "bodies of their own". We know Ginn's body is as good as gone, and Perry's wasnt much good even when she was using it, and you have to assume its likewise too dead to use by now. Where exactly are they planning on finding "spare" bodies that arent already being used by a consciousness? You can't clone someone from a computer file, and in Perry's case she was never even physically on Destiny to leave any genetic information.

Also it seems to raise the question of "are there any Ancient consciousnesses still floating around in Destiny's mainframe?" Maybe that would explain some of the odd "intelligence"/judgment/non-computer-like behavior Destiny seems to display at times.

If the plan works in the next episode then they can just have Atlantis make Replicator Bodies of Ginn & Perry of exactly what they looked liked then download their consciousnesses into the bodies

Comment

I'm hoping Rush and Eli figure out a way to use Perry and Ginn to gain more control of Destiny. Maybe unlock more weapons, explore more of the ship or maybe even stop that darn countdown clock

Comment

Originally posted by droid327 View Post
        It'd be funny if they just "hung a lamp on it" (SG1, 200) and had Perry pop up and ask TJ to "Please state the nature of the medical emergency"

Likewise, Rush and Eli both have virtual girlfriends. What exactly happens if Eli and Ginn have a fight and break up? Does she start haunt-dating other guys on the ship?

I also found it weird that they all were just assuming they'd be able to eventually download Ginn and Perry back into "bodies of their own". We know Ginn's body is as good as gone, and Perry's wasnt much good even when she was using it, and you have to assume its likewise too dead to use by now. Where exactly are they planning on finding "spare" bodies that arent already being used by a consciousness? You can't clone someone from a computer file, and in Perry's case she was never even physically on Destiny to leave any genetic information.

Also it seems to raise the question of "are there any Ancient consciousnesses still floating around in Destiny's mainframe?" Maybe that would explain some of the odd "intelligence"/judgment/non-computer-like behavior Destiny seems to display at times.

Actually you can clone someone from a computer file, if that file contain the DNA sequence, then you could just assemble the chemicals together to form that DNA pattern.

This have already been done for a virus.
        The Asgard would have more enough knowledge to do this. The difficult will be transfereing there minds back to the Milkyway Galaxy. But if this should be simple manipulation of the stone tech. Rush is right they have the no how and the knowledge to build them new bodies, it just going to take time to arrange the details.

Comment

Well, McKay is going to be in one of these episodes. Maybe he'll think of some crazy way to transfer the minds of Ginn and Mandy through the stones to Atlantis where he can build replicator bodies for them. Or even replicator engineered bodies, as in "Mortal Coil."

I hope not, though. Using the stones as some kind of internet connection. That sounds a bit contrived.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
            The Asgard would have more enough knowledge to do this. The difficult will be transfereing there minds back to the Milkyway Galaxy. But if this should be simple manipulation of the stone tech. Rush is right they have the no how and the knowledge to build them new bodies, it just going to take time to arrange the details.
            Did human has done anything on cloning using information from Asgard core? Nothing so far. The only available options is making replicator body and it's require a Icarus alike powered Stargate to send it to destiny.

The other realistic option is to create a virtual world for Ginn and Mandy in destiny computer and anyone want to interact with them has to sit on the interface chair with a little modification on it's access to accept the sensory feedback. Probably, a realtime virtual world that identical to destiny surrounding that linked to the Kino feeds.

Comment

Contrived - officially the most overused word in this forum. No disrespect Python, perfectly adequate word to use, just gets used A LOT.

As some people have been noticing, and yet ignored whilst it was happening pointing it down to story lines of little consequence, plot devices that started in season one are now coming to fruition. What is going to kill me are things like the Perry and Ginn story arc never reaching that stage. All of what we have seen in season 2 would be fantastic to be followed through on and we will not get it. I hope they stay in their current incarnation for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinary View Post
                Did human has done anything on cloning using information from Asgard core? Nothing so far. The only available options is making replicator body and it's require a Icarus alike powered stargate to send it to destiny.
                Does starrrrrgate always show us the developments they are doing as and when they start, or do they sometimes come out and say "hey we are just about to start researching cloning, you know, for civilian use and what not" nope. This type of stuff only gets brought up as and when needed, and right now it will be needed. It hasn't realllly been needed before now. You would have to imagine that since we got hold of the Asgard Core they have had their top people on earth just running through everything they think to be important, and I am guessing cloning would be one of them.

Comment

lantern

Comment

For the benefit of people who don't want spoilers this thread needs spoiler tags for what is happening in next weeks episode.

Comment

Personally i see the body issue taking a lot more time than we have.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinary View Post
                        Did human has done anything on cloning using information from Asgard core? Nothing so far. The only available options is making replicator body and it's require a Icarus alike powered Starrrgate to send it to destiny.

The other realistic option is to create a virtual world for Ginn and Mandy in destiny computer and anyone want to interact with them has to sit on the interface chair with a little modification on it's access to accept the sensory feedback. Probably, a realtime virtual world that identical to destiny surrounding that linked to the Kino feeds.
                        We were able to genetically engineer a Gould Human Hybrid, a unstable one but we did it.

Growing a couple of human clones should be child pay compare to that.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                          lantern
                          Argh it WAS lantern. I thought so at first but then I overthought it, I shoulda gone with my gut

Comment

IMO mandy will be the all around AI. she'll help anyway she can.
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                              IMO mandy will be the all around AI. she'll help anyway she can.
                              Agreed. While Ginn could be used to further develop the Lucian Alliance story, she seems to be their version of Eli. Dr. Perry on the other hand would perhaps be better suited in explaining Destiny and using the knowledge she gains to help the mission. I would also expect her to help further Rush as a person as his interaction with others on Destiny leaves much to be desired.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X