Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else not buying the Eli and Ginn absolute devote relationship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else not buying the Eli and Ginn absolute devote relationship?

I understand Eli really liked her, [most likely his first girlfriend] but they were only together a few weeks before Simeon killed her.

I think the relationship between Eli and Ginn sprung up to fast, They had sex a few times and kissed a bit and then its some amazing love out of no where, we didnt even see her for quite a few episodes after the LA were kept on the ship.

The writers really should of fleshed the relationship out for at least a few more episodes atleast

Sometimes people connect like that. Also she's from a different planet where social interaction may be different (i.e. a lot looser).
    I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

They were stuck in a spaceship together with nothing to do but "talk" :-)
      I believe its possible. Look at Chloe and Matt would you say that their involvement was a bit fast too, especially when Matt was involve with James.

And like Wayston pointed out, Ginn is from another world where the social interactions may be very different.
      "Do you know what's the Chain of Command?? It's the chain i'm gonna beat you
      with until you realize who's in rotten command here." - Jayne Cobb

Comment

If a nerd bags bags a Ginn, he's keeping her. C'mon folks, this isn't that hard to figure out.

Comment

You've never fallen for someone within a month or two of spending that much time with them? Try it sometime, love is a wonderful thing to find yourself in.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I don't think it's a stretch. Prior to meeting Ginn, he never had a girlfriend and had an unrequited crush on Chloe. And then basically the woman of his dreams came along: Smart, sexy and compassionate. Losing her probably made it worse. He had his first taste of intimacy and a relationship with her, so she was special to him in several ways.

We don't know much about Ginn's past, but what she told about her youth didn't seem very charming. Meeting Eli was probably her first real chance to be in a relationship with someone.
            sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Rylor View Post
              I don't think it's a stretch. Prior to meeting Ginn, he never had a girlfriend and had an unrequited crush on Chloe. And then basically the woman of his dreams came along: Smart, sexy and compassionate. Losing her probably made it worse. He had his first taste of intimacy and a relationship with her, so she was special to him in several ways.

We don't know much about Ginn's past, but what she told about her youth didn't seem very charming. Meeting Eli was probably her first real chance to be in a relationship with someone.
              How do you know? not every woman is shallow. OK hes no Scott but I have seen stranger people than Eli with girlfriends. Maybe Chloe would have gone out with him if he had ASKED her.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
                How do you know? not every woman is shallow. OK hes no Scott but I have seen stranger people than Eli with girlfriends. Maybe Chloe would have gone out with him if he had ASKED her.
                A huge amount of people in general are shallow, no particular sex has a monopoly on that. And she hand no interest into dating Eli as a daty kind of dating, she said she wasn't into him like that. That's just the way it is.
                I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Sorry, what I meant was that it doesn't seem that way. Maybe he had one, I don't know. And I don't know how you got to the shallow part, feelings are feelings, if they are not there (like in Chloe's case, at least regarding romantic feelings) what does that have to do with being shallow? Perhaps I misunderstood you.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rylor View Post
                    Sorry, what I meant was that it doesn't seem that way. Maybe he had one, I don't know. And I don't know how you got to the shallow part, feelings are feelings, if they are not there (like in Chloe's case, at least regarding romantic feelings) what does that have to do with being shallow? Perhaps I misunderstood you.
                    I felt like people where asuming just because Eli is a computer geek it is impossibe for a girl to even look at never mind want to date him, its just a stereotype. A lot of people just go for looks and body but *shock horror" some people look for personality not looks *falls off chair*. Some women wait for the guy to ask so maybe if he had taken the initiative instead of letting Scott 'get in there' firist Chole may have have said yes to Eli.

Comment

I felt like people where asuming just because Eli is a computer geek it is impossibe for a girl to even look at never mind want to date him, its just a stereotype. A lot of people just go for looks and body but *shock horror" some people look for personality not looks *falls off chair*. Some women wait for the guy to ask so maybe if he had taken the initiative instead of letting Scott 'get in there' firist Chole may have have said yes to Eli.
                      I get what you mean And you're right, it's certainly cliché that all computer geeks have no girlfriends. I didn't mean to imply anything of the kind.
                      But Chloe has never shown any romantic feelings whatsoever for Eli. I agree with you, women often wait for the guy to do the first step, but they do show it when they are interested, in one way or another. Do you have any evidence / clues for past romantic feelings on her side or is it just speculation?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
                        Sometimes people connect like that. Also she's from a different planet where social interaction may be different (i.e. a lot looser).
                        Agreed. One of my co-workers, married a chick he knew for barely a month, cause of the level if 'infatuation' they had between one another.

Comment

I guarantee that if Eli ever gets to choose between a real sexual experience with a real life girl, or with a computer program, he will choose the former.
                          sigpic

Comment

If the show was going to continue, I could see a rocky path ahead for Eli and Ginn. The current situation is far from ideal.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by SilenceOz View Post
                              I understand Eli really liked her, [most likely his first girlfriend] but they were only together a few weeks before Simeon killed her.

I think the relationship between Eli and Ginn sprung up to fast, They had sex a few times and kissed a bit and then its some amazing love out of no where, we didnt even see her for quite a few episodes after the LA were kept on the ship.

The writers really should of fleshed the relationship out for at least a few more episodes atleast

Hmmmm let's see now we have "people" in the ships computer that only one person can see at a time, souds a bit like the Six in battlestar that Baltar could only see. No wonder this "original and groundbreaking" show was canned!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X