Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1. #1

    Default Anyone else not buying the Eli and Ginn absolute devote relationship?

    I understand Eli really liked her, [most likely his first girlfriend] but they were only together a few weeks before Simeon killed her.

    I think the relationship between Eli and Ginn sprung up to fast, They had sex a few times and kissed a bit and then its some amazing love out of no where, we didnt even see her for quite a few episodes after the LA were kept on the ship.

    The writers really should of fleshed the relationship out for at least a few more episodes atleast

  2. #2
    First Lieutenant Wayston's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    917

    Default Re: Anyone else not buying the Eli and Ginn absolute devote relationship?

    Sometimes people connect like that. Also she's from a different planet where social interaction may be different (i.e. a lot looser).
    I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

    Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

  3. #3
    Ian Chesterton
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    167

    Default Re: Anyone else not buying the Eli and Ginn absolute devote relationship?

    They were stuck in a spaceship together with nothing to do but "talk" :-)
    I believe its possible. Look at Chloe and Matt would you say that their involvement was a bit fast too, especially when Matt was involve with James.

    And like Wayston pointed out, Ginn is from another world where the social interactions may be very different.
    "Do you know what's the Chain of Command?? It's the chain i'm gonna beat you
    with until you realize who's in rotten command here." - Jayne Cobb

  4. #4
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,137

    Default Re: Anyone else not buying the Eli and Ginn absolute devote relationship?

    If a nerd bags bags a Ginn, he's keeping her. C'mon folks, this isn't that hard to figure out.

  5. #5
    Colonel s09119's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Avalon
    Posts
    7,457

    Default Re: Anyone else not buying the Eli and Ginn absolute devote relationship?

    You've never fallen for someone within a month or two of spending that much time with them? Try it sometime, love is a wonderful thing to find yourself in.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

  6. #6
    Second Lieutenant Rylor's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Milky Way → Earth → Germany
    Posts
    309

    Default Re: Anyone else not buying the Eli and Ginn absolute devote relationship?

    I don't think it's a stretch. Prior to meeting Ginn, he never had a girlfriend and had an unrequited crush on Chloe. And then basically the woman of his dreams came along: Smart, sexy and compassionate. Losing her probably made it worse. He had his first taste of intimacy and a relationship with her, so she was special to him in several ways.

    We don't know much about Ginn's past, but what she told about her youth didn't seem very charming. Meeting Eli was probably her first real chance to be in a relationship with someone.


    "Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

  7. #7
    Captain Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Leeds,West Yorkshire, U.K
    Posts
    1,132

    Default Re: Anyone else not buying the Eli and Ginn absolute devote relationship?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rylor View Post
    I don't think it's a stretch. Prior to meeting Ginn, he never had a girlfriend and had an unrequited crush on Chloe. And then basically the woman of his dreams came along: Smart, sexy and compassionate. Losing her probably made it worse. He had his first taste of intimacy and a relationship with her, so she was special to him in several ways.

    We don't know much about Ginn's past, but what she told about her youth didn't seem very charming. Meeting Eli was probably her first real chance to be in a relationship with someone.
    How do you know? not every woman is shallow. OK hes no Scott but I have seen stranger people than Eli with girlfriends. Maybe Chloe would have gone out with him if he had ASKED her.

  8. #8
    First Lieutenant Wayston's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    917

    Default Re: Anyone else not buying the Eli and Ginn absolute devote relationship?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
    How do you know? not every woman is shallow. OK hes no Scott but I have seen stranger people than Eli with girlfriends. Maybe Chloe would have gone out with him if he had ASKED her.
    A huge amount of people in general are shallow, no particular sex has a monopoly on that. And she hand no interest into dating Eli as a daty kind of dating, she said she wasn't into him like that. That's just the way it is.
    I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

    Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

  9. #9
    Second Lieutenant Rylor's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Milky Way → Earth → Germany
    Posts
    309

    Default Re: Anyone else not buying the Eli and Ginn absolute devote relationship?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
    How do you know? not every woman is shallow. OK hes no Scott but I have seen stranger people than Eli with girlfriends. Maybe Chloe would have gone out with him if he had ASKED her.
    Sorry, what I meant was that it doesn't seem that way. Maybe he had one, I don't know. And I don't know how you got to the shallow part, feelings are feelings, if they are not there (like in Chloe's case, at least regarding romantic feelings) what does that have to do with being shallow? Perhaps I misunderstood you.


    "Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

  10. #10
    Captain Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Leeds,West Yorkshire, U.K
    Posts
    1,132

    Default Re: Anyone else not buying the Eli and Ginn absolute devote relationship?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rylor View Post
    Sorry, what I meant was that it doesn't seem that way. Maybe he had one, I don't know. And I don't know how you got to the shallow part, feelings are feelings, if they are not there (like in Chloe's case, at least regarding romantic feelings) what does that have to do with being shallow? Perhaps I misunderstood you.
    I felt like people where asuming just because Eli is a computer geek it is impossibe for a girl to even look at never mind want to date him, its just a stereotype. A lot of people just go for looks and body but *shock horror" some people look for personality not looks *falls off chair*. Some women wait for the guy to ask so maybe if he had taken the initiative instead of letting Scott 'get in there' firist Chole may have have said yes to Eli.

  11. #11
    Second Lieutenant Rylor's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Milky Way → Earth → Germany
    Posts
    309

    Default Re: Anyone else not buying the Eli and Ginn absolute devote relationship?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
    I felt like people where asuming just because Eli is a computer geek it is impossibe for a girl to even look at never mind want to date him, its just a stereotype. A lot of people just go for looks and body but *shock horror" some people look for personality not looks *falls off chair*. Some women wait for the guy to ask so maybe if he had taken the initiative instead of letting Scott 'get in there' firist Chole may have have said yes to Eli.
    I get what you mean And you're right, it's certainly cliché that all computer geeks have no girlfriends. I didn't mean to imply anything of the kind.
    But Chloe has never shown any romantic feelings whatsoever for Eli. I agree with you, women often wait for the guy to do the first step, but they do show it when they are interested, in one way or another. Do you have any evidence / clues for past romantic feelings on her side or is it just speculation?


    "Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

  12. #12
    Major General
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,249

    Default Re: Anyone else not buying the Eli and Ginn absolute devote relationship?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayston View Post
    Sometimes people connect like that. Also she's from a different planet where social interaction may be different (i.e. a lot looser).
    Agreed. One of my co-workers, married a chick he knew for barely a month, cause of the level if 'infatuation' they had between one another.

  13. #13
    Captain Phenom's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,645

    Default Re: Anyone else not buying the Eli and Ginn absolute devote relationship?

    I guarantee that if Eli ever gets to choose between a real sexual experience with a real life girl, or with a computer program, he will choose the former.

  14. #14
    General the fifth man's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.
    Posts
    34,120

    Default Re: Anyone else not buying the Eli and Ginn absolute devote relationship?

    If the show was going to continue, I could see a rocky path ahead for Eli and Ginn. The current situation is far from ideal.

    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

  15. #15
    Second Lieutenant Buck32's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    287

    Default Re: Anyone else not buying the Eli and Ginn absolute devote relationship?

    Quote Originally Posted by SilenceOz View Post
    I understand Eli really liked her, [most likely his first girlfriend] but they were only together a few weeks before Simeon killed her.

    I think the relationship between Eli and Ginn sprung up to fast, They had sex a few times and kissed a bit and then its some amazing love out of no where, we didnt even see her for quite a few episodes after the LA were kept on the ship.

    The writers really should of fleshed the relationship out for at least a few more episodes atleast

    Hmmmm let's see now we have "people" in the ships computer that only one person can see at a time, souds a bit like the Six in battlestar that Baltar could only see. No wonder this "original and groundbreaking" show was canned!!!!

  16. #16
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    742

    Default Re: Anyone else not buying the Eli and Ginn absolute devote relationship?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck32 View Post
    Hmmmm let's see now we have "people" in the ships computer that only one person can see at a time, souds a bit like the Six in battlestar that Baltar could only see. No wonder this "original and groundbreaking" show was canned!!!!
    When the show end , at least Eli won't end up alone ,
    Playing muscial chair , It is sad when the music end the last person without a chair .

    I am glad Eli can find a chair, a virtual chair is better than no chair.

    If ithas some potential of anything like Baltar and head six, At least Eli will have some good time to look forward to .

  17. #17
    Major General
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,249

    Default Re: Anyone else not buying the Eli and Ginn absolute devote relationship?

    Though we don't know whether the AI can do things TOO the people, like head six seemed to do with baltar.

  18. #18
    Ranch Hand Python's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    134

    Default Re: Anyone else not buying the Eli and Ginn absolute devote relationship?

    I'm buying it more than the Chloe/Scott stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck32 View Post
    Hmmmm let's see now we have "people" in the ships computer that only one person can see at a time, souds a bit like the Six in battlestar that Baltar could only see. No wonder this "original and groundbreaking" show was canned!!!!
    Actually Head Six And Head Baltar had no explanation through the entire series. Maybe there were angels or representatives of a God who does not like to be called God. We never know, which is really stupid.

    The "people" in the ships computer have a grounded explanation. So we know we're not being taken for a ride by the show's creators.

  19. #19
    Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    19,935

    Default Re: Anyone else not buying the Eli and Ginn absolute devote relationship?

    geek love <3

  20. #20
    Lieutenant Colonel Krisz's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cloverdale,British Columbia,Canada
    Posts
    4,793

    Default Re: Anyone else not buying the Eli and Ginn absolute devote relationship?

    It is possible to connect with someone and just know they are the one for you. Difficult to explain, but love is like that!

    I knew within 3 days on meeting my hubby after meeting on a blind date! 28 years later he's still the one for me!!!! So I guess I can buy the absolutely devoted Eli and Ginn relationship.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ginn and Mandy
    By Atlantean2005 in forum Hope
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: April 5th, 2011, 01:03 PM
  2. Ginn & Reilly both on Fringe
    By Selene1212 in forum Stargate Universe
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: February 13th, 2011, 01:16 AM
  3. Ginn and Eli... Are they right for each other?(spoiler)
    By ckwongau in forum Stargate Universe
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: November 8th, 2010, 02:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •