No announcement yet.

Chloe is the new Siler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always thought that it was Eli who was the common man, representing the 18-35 year old male demographic the show tries to aim at.

It may be a bit disrespectful towards the character, but I think that she was pretty much added for sexual tension. Carter and O'Neill had this thing going for a while, as did Teyla and Shepherd. SGU couldn't do the same thing. It was much more serious than SG1 and SGA, so some flirting going on wouldn't have worked as well especially when the other important female characters are basically out of bounds. Wray is gay, TJ's back story with Young was fairly thought out to begin with and has already been used to create tension between him and his wife.

They need a character they could just flaunt about to create tension and they did that with her, Eli and Scott. The only problem is once that wore out and got boring, nothing left for her to do.

sigpic

Comment

Not really. Eli is more of a geek, so is not to me 'an everyman..

Comment

Chole is only there to have sex with everyone

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          I always thought that it was Eli who was the common man, representing the 18-35 year old male demographic the show tries to aim at.

It may be a bit disrespectful towards the character, but I think that she was pretty much added for sexual tension. Carter and O'Neill had this thing going for a while, as did Teyla and Shepherd. SGU couldn't do the same thing. It was much more serious than SG1 and SGA, so some flirting going on wouldn't have worked as well especially when the other important female characters are basically out of bounds. Wray is gay, TJ's back story with Young was fairly thought out to begin with and has already been used to create tension between him and his wife.

They need a character they could just flaunt about to create tension and they did that with her, Eli and Scott. The only problem is once that wore out and got boring, nothing left for her to do.

i dont know why but that made me yo-ho-ho!.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            Not really. Eli is more of a geek, so is not to me 'an everyman..
            He's more of a geek, but if he weren't a closeted genius, then he'd be pointless as well. His story is complete rip of The Last Starfighter, I think he's supposed to represent (if not stereotype) the idea of a typical Scifi video game socially inept nerd who spends all day browsing Star Trek technical manuals and fighting over which is the one true trilogy, Star Wars or LOTR.

He's basically Justin Long in Galaxy Quest, just lucky enough to end up on the ship.

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
            Sounds more like Park, before she decided to hook up with Greer. Guess the saying is true; Once you go Black, you never go back..

sigpic

Comment

So true! I mean she's sleeping with Scott and... well, that's about it, but what you said is still so true.
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, right.

Comment

Working...
                X