Ginn and Mandy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ginn and Mandy

Just pure speculations and blah blah blah-ing here but on the subject about Ginn and Mandy being "temporarily" uploaded into Destiny's memory banks:

Option A) We know that the Asgard were very famous for their cloning techniques, and we now have all the knowledge of the Asgard on board the Odyssey. So would it be possible that, if Earth is able to make a connection to Destiny periodically for supplies, we could supply them with the equipment necessary to make blank copies? Or was their technology faulty since they had to keep cloning therefore suffering from the law of diminishing returns? But back to the original idea: would this be a viable solution? I mean, they would have to have Earth supply a sample of Mandy's DNA and find something of Ginn's still on board Destiny to get a sample that way they could clone and then do the transfer.

Option 2) The "Replicator" idea: We obviously know we have the technology and know how to create human form replicators in Atlantis, since Rodney made FRAN and then the Elizabeth used the same program to build a new body, etc... ,would we be able to modify that tech to do what the Rogue Asurans did in "This Mortal Coil"? Have nanite constructed organic bodies (or at least Mandy.2 in stasis and make Ginn.2 on Destiny) to transfer the consciousness into.

Now, I think that covers all the "details" of my ideas.. I've had to stop periodically while typing to contend with one of my dogs who was trying to add her own two cents into the mix. But any way, thoughts/ideas of this? I mean, I don't know what the TPTB have..had.. in store for Ginn and Mandy and not sure if we'll find out before the finale, but these are just the random ramblings of a bored, geek and die hard Stargate fan! I look forward to hearing thoughts on this Have fun!

Forget the Asgard Tech. It will not happened in SGU. It's too far detached from any Ancient's technology that may preserved in destiny computer and the Ancient never made any attempt in cloning.

Comment

There is a slight possibility of giving them Original bodies, but that would only work on Earth. Given that they have at some point a Braindead Body on their hands, they can download someone into that Brain, connect through the Stones, upload them with Asgard Tech and Disconnect. That would effectifly send those People to earth where they can get new Bodies, may they be Replicators or Clones.
      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Braindead means the brain is damaged. It would have to be repaired.

Comment

I may be wrong about this, but I believe there was a separate colony of Azgard that had fixed the problem of diminishing returns with their clones after the main colony had blown themselves up.

Also, the brain exists as a neural net, not some consciousness that could be downloaded and run (ie, its a processor more than a hard drive). Theoretically, this would mean that transferring consciousness to a new body wouldn't require that the donor have an intact neural net, just a brain functioning at a basic level, since the neural net is going to have to be rewritten anyways. Certain types of vegetative patients could still be appropriate body donors for such a procedure.

This brings up another interesting problem. Because of the nature of brain as a neural net, trying to replicate it within a computer would essentially require creating a massive custom emulator for each person. This would take huge amounts of processing power to create, since it would require mapping out every single pathway and connection perfectly. The computers on destiny trying to create two of these within a minute explains the power surge and database errors.

If i'm not mistaken, I believe that our fastest supercomputers are nearing the speed and capability that they could map out and emulate a single human brain. Latency will be the biggest issue though. K, i suppose thats enough for now.

Comment

I like it, but the only problem is that that tech is on earth or in the Milky Way, not near destiny where their consciousnesses are
            Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

i like them as AI's
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

If the chair can take a person's mind out of their body, then it's reasonable to assume it might be able to put it back in a body. Chloe, or someone else, could volunteer to temporarily host their consciousness, maybe even putting their own consciousness in the ship. It wouldn't be that different from using the stones, except you end up with marks on the sides of your head from the interface.

Comment

Time is relative, Ginn and Mandy are almost immortal immortal inside the computer, they have all the time they need as long as Destiny doesn't get too much damage.

Anything is possible in stargate, a few weeks ago , Destiny has no shuttle left, now they have two brand new shuttle.
                  The mission could goes on a long long time, may be it is Rush and Eli who will join them inside the computer one day.

I think we two two ancient Robot since "Twin Destinies".
                  Ginn and Mandy could each download to the body ,it would look very funny if Rsuh and Eli try double date,

What if we have anohter double from an alternative time line. And two extra female crew who somehow endup brain dead, and Ginn and Mandy problem are slove.

A double body of chole , TJ , Wray or Dr Lisa Park.

Comment

Well, we've already had 2 time-travel episodes. So that's definitely on the table. There's also the mysterious "hey we left you guys on a planet how did you get here with a brand new shuttle" effect, which could be used to bring back Ginn's body. So, anything's possible.

Except that the show's cancelled. So, anything would have been possible.

Comment

They even managed to bring back
                      Spoiler:
                      human populated planets in SGU to.... so yeah, nothing stays dead on this series to long.

Comment

Originally posted by jjesusfreak01 View Post
                        I may be wrong about this, but I believe there was a separate colony of Azgard that had fixed the problem of diminishing returns with their clones after the main colony had blown themselves up.
                        We encountered A group of Asgard in Pegasus during First Contact and Lost Tribe. But they were still having the same issue with cloning. That's why they were in Pegasus, to continue to work on finding a solution but the Wraith were giving them issues. Hence why they jumped at the chance when the Attero device's missing piece was discovered. That way they could work without the Wraith causing issues.

Comment

Originally posted by The Swarm View Post
                          They even managed to bring back
                          Spoiler:
                          human populated planets in SGU to.... so yeah, nothing stays dead on this series to long.
                          What do you speak of?
                          sigpic

Comment

I think leaving them as AIs would work best at this point.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                              What do you speak of?
                              I think they are referring to

Don't look due to spoilers
                              Spoiler:
                              seriously, don't look
                              Spoiler:
                              last chance
                              Spoiler:
                              A future episode.. Common Decent. Where the summary provided says Destiny helps a group of colonists get home

Comment

Working...
                              X