The Comedy Episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Comedy Episode

This is one of he funniest episodes. Really great one liners.

erectile dysfunctions are no laughing matter
    I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

You know how "Unending" used "Have You Ever Seen Rain?" Well, maybe the montage to end SGU will be the Numa Numa Song?

Comment

I dare say that numa numa moment was one of the funniest, most unexpected things to happen in all stargate history.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          I dare say that numa numa moment was one of the funniest, most unexpected things to happen in all stargate history.
          Definitely. That and the frequent body switching at awkward moments got funnier as the episode progressed.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I wasn't expecting this to be a comedy-centric episode but its one of the funniest episodes of Stargate I've seen since SG-1 ended. I never laughed this much during all of Altantis' run. At the same time, there was definitely a serious tone to the episode. They struck a very nice balance between humor and serious drama and managed to answer a couple big questions that we've had (what actually happened to Perry & Ginn and what is the nature of Dr. Franklin that Rush has been seeing).
            That is just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
              That and the frequent body switching at awkward moments got funnier as the episode progressed.
              I thought it would be hilarious if Eli and Ginn were kissing (or doing something, ahem, more serious) and suddenly Chloe surfaced. Awkward!

I thought Scott's behavior was a little strange, how he was always talking to Chloe whenever she surfaced about what was going on but (and he did this twice) when Ginn was awake he'd take Eli aside and talk quietly. Why didn't he want Ginn to hear?

Comment

Originally posted by dgh64 View Post
                I thought it would be hilarious if Eli and Ginn were kissing (or doing something, ahem, more serious) and suddenly Chloe surfaced. Awkward!

I thought Scott's behavior was a little strange, how he was always talking to Chloe whenever she surfaced about what was going on but (and he did this twice) when Ginn was awake he'd take Eli aside and talk quietly. Why didn't he want Ginn to hear?
                Likely, as Ginn was the one who was going to be "removed" from Chloe he wanted to spare her too much anxiety and perhaps reduce the chances that he might set off another choking event. Chloe was the host of the body and the one most likely to be in there at the end of the day, so she would be the one who had to be the most informed... or something like that.

regards,
                G.
                Go for Marty...

Comment

He was advocating a complete shutdown of the stone connection without further investigation, let alone attempt to save Gin. She would be erased without further trace and he was perfectly OK with that to protect Chloe. He was being a douche, but not to the point of shamelessly advocating his stance in front of Gin.

Oh and I agree that this was a great comedy episode, easily one of the best in the stargate franchise.
                  I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Comment

I was wondering if something like that were to happen. It would've been especially funny if Amanda Perry suddenly popped in there while Eli was kissing her. Completely unexpected there.
                    sigpic

Comment

that would have been brilliant! The thought about a switch between Gin and Chloe in an awkward fysical situation with Eli crossed my mind, but I suspected they would not go there because it would really have a big impact up the future interaction between Chloe and Eli in a way that would be very uncharacteristic for the show.

Now a change between Gin and Amanda would have been epic, especially when Rush finds out and ignorantly inquires about the exact circumstances of the switch.

Comment

I really hated how they had to explain the jokes again.
                        They never learn...

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ptitle0t9r68ih

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                          Agreed.
                          sigpic

Comment

Does anyone know what the numa numa song was?

And sorry to be the dense one in the thread (I usually am), but what joke did they have to explain? The 2001 theme song bit?

Comment

Originally posted by P5C768 View Post
                              Does anyone know what the numa numa song was?

And sorry to be the dense one in the thread (I usually am), but what joke did they have to explain? The 2001 theme song bit?
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HR4hp_-kSI

it was very popular in Europe two or so years ago, and it was used as a sample in one of those fancy rap songs in America

Comment

Working...
                              X