Chief Master Sergeant Commander Dan's Avatar

Default Changes in the looks/sounds of characters in Peacekeeper Wars...

I am actually a latecomer to Farscape. I bought the full series and the Peacekeeper Wars Mini-Series on DVD, and recently just finished all of it.

I was wondering, does anyone know why the “look” of some characters changed in Peacekeeper Wars, most notably Sikozu and Jool; though many characters (like Chiana) seemed to have had the look of their character subtly tweaked a bit (and not just Chiana’s eyes, which were explained).

Also, Pilot's voice sounded notably different, even if it was still voiced by Lani Tupu...
    Last edited by Commander Dan; March 27th, 2011 at 09:07 AM.
    "Fighting a war that appears unwinnable does not make one's cause less noble."
    - Master Bra'tac

Default Re: Changes in the looks/sounds of characters in Peacekeeper Wars...

I'm in season 3, and only noticed the change in D'Argo's looks. More detailed make-up.

Yeah, I did it the same way as you. When you blast through all the dvds and go straight to PKW, it's pretty stark (especially Pilot) and reusing the actor as the nurse. Sikozu I think was to make her look more evi and Jool was just too look more wild.

Quote Originally Posted by Egle01 View Post
    I'm in season 3, and only noticed the change in D'Argo's looks. More detailed make-up.
    Yeah, I didn't notice this until I re-watched the series, going back to season 1 D'argo looks a lot more plain.

The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter

Apparently they wanted that sun that D'Argo was exposed to in the S1 finale to change his color.
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Dan View Post
    Also, Pilot's voice sounded notably different, even if it was still voiced by Lani Tupu...
    Still can't get used to that voice. And while I've heard explanations, they seemed more after the fact excuses than valid reasons. That's one of the few things that I was disappointed in.

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

The slight changes/differences in Peacekeeper Wars, to me anyway, don't matter that much. Pilot's voice was the one that bugged me the most, but after a bit, I got over it.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Staff Sergeant

Pilots voice bugged me at first too. Granny also looks different. Jool didn't bother me because it had been so long since we saw her and same for Sikozu. It had been 60 days from Bad Timing to the start of PKW so I was ok with that change.

Anyone notice the difference in D'argo's voice between S01 and S02? These subtle changes always bug me so much, especially when I'm watching a series of multiple seasons over the span of a few weeks >.<

I think too, as I also am a latecomer and blasted thru all 4 seasons and the PKWs last month, that the changes are more noticeable because of that.

Chiana's look bothered me and it wasn't just the eyes. Sikozu's "Flock of Seagulls" hair I just attributed to a bad makeover. Rygel really bugged me. He looked years younger and very green. And Pilot's voice was very distracting. Did they use to distort Lani Tupu's voice and just didn't bother for the movie or what? It wasn't horrible. Just weird.
    photo

Quote Originally Posted by CheekyBeckett View Post
    I think too, as I also am a latecomer and blasted thru all 4 seasons and the PKWs last month, that the changes are more noticeable because of that.

Chiana's look bothered me and it wasn't just the eyes. Sikozu's "Flock of Seagulls" hair I just attributed to a bad makeover. Rygel really bugged me. He looked years younger and very green. And Pilot's voice was very distracting. Did they use to distort Lani Tupu's voice and just didn't bother for the movie or what? It wasn't horrible. Just weird.
    Chiana:I think the eyes were cooler than her former ones.
    Sikozu:No explanation. Just weird.
    Rygel:Compare him with Season 1 Rygel. Just weird...
    Pilot:After Bad Timing, Pilot's original filters were lost. This was as close to Pilot's original voice as possible.
    The Wormhole Scene:Epic, legendary for the show.
    Scorpiusid you notice that originally in Season 1, Scorpius's makeup looked so dry like he had a blanket across his face(including that black suit) and in the later seasons, he's so slimy and creepy.

"Change, my dear. And it seems, not a moment too soon." - The Sixth Doctor.