My journey through Farscape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GWF View Post
    I just started farscape (the first 10 min) last night before I went to bed. I hope I'll get more interested into the show.
    Well, definitely give it more than 10 minutes. You should at least watch the first 4 or 5 episodes and see how you feel then.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Yeah, GWF. 10 minutes ain't much, he barely left Earth in that time. Trust me, it's great. I just have to pace myself because I can't concentrate for longer than one episode at a time, without subtitles for the hearing-impaired.
      sigpic

Comment

I don't guess your tv has closed captioning? Unless you're not watching on a tv.

I know the most recent R1 release of Farscape didn't have subtitles on the S1 set (which is what I bought to complete my collection as I already had all the other seasons). So I would turn on the closed captioning to help understand some of the dialogue. Though you said these were a European released set, so I don't know how those work.

Anyway hope you enjoy the series. It's my absolute favorite show.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

I'm watching on DVD. Most shows have subtitles/closed captioning but not Farscape, sadly. I love it anyway, but it does make it harder to watch.

PK Tech Girl was a good episode, loved the chemistry between John and Gilina. Of course, I know he and Aeryn get together later, so their antagonism is funny.
          sigpic

Comment

That Old Black Magic was great. Crais is becoming a favorite villain of mine. Of course, all that life force sucking really reminded me of the Wraith.
            sigpic

Comment

This show is my favourite. I think that the wormholes will be most interesting...
              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                That Old Black Magic was great. Crais is becoming a favorite villain of mine. Of course, all that life force sucking really reminded me of the Wraith.
                Really? I think I prefer Maldis. Crais is going too psycho. Remember the HUGE disobeying of orders.
                "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Yeah, Maldis was pretty cool too. Of course, I don't know if he'll be back in a future ep but I'd be surprised not to see Crais again.
                  sigpic

Comment

Whenever I hear favourite villain only one name comes to mind...Scorpius
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                      Same here. There is no doubt in my mind. Best villain ever.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm watching this from a set of European DVDs, where the episode order is different from the IMDB listing.
                        This site has a list of the eps by production order, US airdate, and UK airdate.

http://www.farscapeworld.com/episodes/index.php

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                        He shows up 1st in Nerve. Great villian!!
                        sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Thanks Thunderstorm for the link.

I remember Scorpius from one ep or another I've seen earlier. Look forward to seeing him when I get to Nerve.

Looks like the DVDs I'm watching follow the UK airdate order.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, but you can't beat Harvey!(Am I going too far?)

Comment

Don't know who Harvey is yet so I guess not. Only don't tell me more yet.
                              sigpic

Comment

Don't know who Harvey is yet so I guess not. Only don't tell me more yet.
                                I thought you didn't mind spoilers
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X