No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/John Sheppard Slash/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to see Sheppard reluctant for once. That way he wouldn't seem more like the arrogant hero stereotype. Not that he is, he is very modest, and thats why hes my favorite
    RADEK ZELENKA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

On the topic , well near the topic of McKay, whats his cats name?

Comment

Originally posted by Luneria
        whats his cats name?
        I don't think they've actually given us the cat's name yet. *pout*

But I just had to put my two cents in, Sheppard/McKay ship is my current favorite ship/slash in general. But that could be because of my sudden celebrity crush on David Hewlett thanks to his McKay(and his Worth, but that's another forum).

I just think that the characters have a great chemistry, shown as early as Hide and Seek. They are also among the fortunate few to get consistent character development from that point on.

So what does it come down to?

GO McShep!
        Kiyuchan
        Nudara @ AIM
        livejournal.com/~kiyuchan

Comment

Ok, I am converted ^^

Now I have to go to photoshop and make a McShep sig

now all I need is that cats name( Even though I dont need it anymore since I named the last kitten Carson )

Comment

Originally posted by kiyuchan

So what does it come down to?

GO McShep!
            LOL!

That's what I've been calling this pairing...obviously I haven't been alone

Comment

"Hello and welcome to McShep. What can I do for you today?"
              "Yeah, I'll have two hamburgers, two Cokes, oh, and no lemon please..."

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
              it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
              It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
              And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

Originally posted by Sindet
                Sheppard/Ford? Really? Most of the slash I've seen written is Sheppard/McKay. It far outnumbers any other pairing.

Really?

It must just have been the stories I came across then.

Personally, I definitely find McShep the most convincing though

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
                  LOL!

That's what I've been calling this pairing...obviously I haven't been alone
                  Me to!

Did a couple of McShep banners a while back from 'Defiant One' caps. Links below, potentially spoilery for those who haven't seen the episode yet.

McShep1

McShep2

In shipper terms I am in the Shep/Weir and McShep camps. Shep/Weir because I like the power dynamic and their contrasting but complementary personalities. McShep because out of all the characters those two have actually had the most screen time, together and seperately, have built up a great rapport with each other and the audience and like Shep/Weir have contrasting but complementary personalities. I am not sure I would really like either pairing to become canon but reading between the lines is fun. McShep's dynamic is like all the best buddy movies ever made, the banter is great.
                  ~ Esther~ My Live Journal
                  FBI - Body Preservation Division

Comment

Originally posted by smallgirl
                    Me to!

Did a couple of McShep banners a while back from 'Defiant One' caps. Links below, potentially spoilery for those who haven't seen the episode yet.

McShep1

McShep2

In shipper terms I am in the Shep/Weir and McShep camps. Shep/Weir because I like the power dynamic and their contrasting but complementary personalities. McShep because out of all the characters those two have actually had the most screen time, together and seperately, have built up a great rapport with each other and the audience and like Shep/Weir have contrasting but complementary personalities. I am not sure I would really like either pairing to become canon but reading between the lines is fun. McShep's dynamic is like all the best buddy movies ever made, the banter is great.

Ahh, between the lines is where all the action is

And it is best kept there, in my opinion.

Meanwhile, what kind of files are those banners? I tried to take a look but they don't open up on my computer.

Comment

Ok so it seems I've embraced this slash thing so much, I even made a video

It's a big thunking slideshow...basically I've turned every thunk thread on the forum into a vid, including shep & mckay And somewhere along the way, it became slashy. Not sure how that happend

Just follow the link in my sig to download.

But please be advised that, although the content is a picture slideshow intended to be humorous, it contains mature references in the lyrics & pics and very obvious references to Slash. I do not recommend downloading if you are easily offended. But then, when you see which song I've used...that should be obvious.

I DO, however, recommend downloading if you thunk over any of the stargate men or spend time on this or any other slash thread/forum.

Hopefully, there is something for everyone.

Comment

I just styarted a new fic, my goal is to flood all fan fics with McShep until it becomes the widespread accepted slash, and, dare I say it....

take over the place of Sam and Jack as the best couple, MWAHAHAHAHA!

Now back to making that annoying banner, I am trying to work it so it has Rodney in his boxers & Shep in an extremely tight black shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
                          It's a big thunking slideshow...basically I've turned every thunk thread on the forum into a vid, including shep & mckay And somewhere along the way, it became slashy. Not sure how that happend
                          Yay!! That was awesome! I even downloaded it for later thunking. Great way to start the morning. Thank you for the lovely collection of eye-candy.

Comment

Originally posted by strivaria
                            Yay!! That was awesome! I even downloaded it for later thunking. Great way to start the morning. Thank you for the lovely collection of eye-candy.
                            Glad you enjoyed it

I put some of my own personal favourite thunking pics in there.

I particularly like the wet-shep one and those pictures of david hewlett in other roles

Comment

Originally posted by Luneria

I just styarted a new fic, my goal is to flood all fan fics with McShep until it becomes the widespread accepted slash, and, dare I say it....

take over the place of Sam and Jack as the best couple, MWAHAHAHAHA!

Now back to making that annoying banner, I am trying to work it so it has Rodney in his boxers & Shep in an extremely tight black shirt.
                              lol.

But I can't advocate that, since I'm a S/J shipper myself.

Besdies, it's kinda good shipping for the 'underdog'. The more popular a pairing is, the more controversy it seems to draw to itself.

Luckily for us, it will never be canonised, so we don't have to worry

But speaking of fanfics, I'm working on one too. But it will take a while to finish as it is in three parts and i've only finished part 2 and started part 3. So lots to go.

Fanfic writing can be so therapeutic...so much easier and more relaxing (and less work) than writing original fiction.

Although my fics always end up larger and involve more work than i intend...

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
                                "Hello and welcome to McShep. What can I do for you today?"
                                "Yeah, I'll have two hamburgers, two Cokes, oh, and no lemon please..."
                                lol!

So shall we call ourselves McSheppers from now on?

We're not slashers.

We're not shippers.

We're McSheppers!

Comment

Working...
                                X