How Big is a Stargate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluejawa View Post
    I actually thought about building a full size Stargate once.
    Me too. But where would you keep it?
    e-mail(And msn messenger): [email protected]

Gravity can bind my feet, but it can never bind my imagination...

Comment

If I could make a replica, I would put it in my back yard.....but then I would run through it and be sad I was still in my back yard. Would be awesome though, especially if you could get moving parts and lights....have a thin sheet with a slit for event horizon...with some sort of lasers or...projection on it, then you could go through the middle...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by loserinc View Post
        If I could make a replica, I would put it in my back yard.....but then I would run through it and be sad I was still in my back yard. Would be awesome though, especially if you could get moving parts and lights....have a thin sheet with a slit for event horizon...with some sort of lasers or...projection on it, then you could go through the middle...

It's cooler to have a replica on your desk and imagine running through it.
        It's cheaper and makes you look more sane....

Comment

Originally posted by bar View Post
          It's cooler to have a replica on your desk and imagine running through it.
          It's cheaper and makes you look more sane....
          I'm not so worried about looking sane....lol. I actually will wander around town in my full SG uniform. Made someone move away from me on the bus (i hate sharing seats with crazy people) by talking into my walkie talkie..and doing "ksh" noises hmmm, maybe that makes me the crazy person.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm not so worried about looking sane....lol. I actually will wander around town in my full SG uniform. Made someone move away from me on the bus (i hate sharing seats with crazy people) by talking into my walkie talkie..and doing "ksh" noises hmmm, maybe that makes me the crazy person.
            Yes. You are crazy.

Comment

But crazy is so much fun. Life is to short to be serious all the time
              sigpic

Comment

But crazy is so much fun. Life is to short to be serious all the time
                Totally. There is such a thing as too crazy though. Think on that the next time you are dressed in an SGC costume making beep beep noises.

It's at times like this i wish i had paid attention to what my mother told me when i was young.

Comment

Well, not something I would normally do (the beep noises) but, when you have a person that sits by you and endlessly talks loudly on a cell phone......
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bar View Post
                    Yep.
                    It's 22ft across, or 6.71 metres.
                    The distance from the outer diameter to inside diameter is 88cm, for an internal diameter of 4.95 metres.
                    I hope this helps. I measured the SGC gate and the Atlantis gates when i was on set.
                    If you hadn't measured it in person I wouldn't have believed it was that big.

Intuitively I'd have said about ten feet internally but on closer inspection, using images such as this (first I found when looking), Ben Browder is 6'1", making it APPEAR 13-14 feet at absolute most. Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                      If you hadn't measured it in person I wouldn't have believed it was that big.

Intuitively I'd have said about ten feet internally but on closer inspection, using images such as this (first I found when looking), Ben Browder is 6'1", making it APPEAR 13-14 feet at absolute most. Weird.
                      Well, as a very quick test, you say he's 6'1".
                      Taking a line from the BOTTOM of the gate to the top(Which we cannot see in that image, he fits at least three times(But he's not fully at the event horizon, and there is perspective involved).

Comment

Which puts the outer edges at c18ft and inner edge at c.14ft, as I suggested...?

As for perspective, look where his right foot is: he's only inches from the event horizon.

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                          Which puts the outer edges at c18ft and inner edge at c.14ft, as I suggested...?

As for perspective, look where his right foot is: he's only inches from the event horizon.
                          Forget what you THINK...
                          Just listen to what i KNOW...
                          My numbers above were correct.

Comment

if this is a replica make it almost the same size who can really tell?

Please help my dragon grow!

Comment

Nope, not a replica make, I just wanted to make my FQ-352 Gate-compatible.

Comment

the gate has a 22ft outer diameter and a 18 foot inner diameter
                                sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

Working...
                                X