Rush's Regrets? (from Malice) tag spoilers for relevance to "Hope"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rush's Regrets? (from Malice) tag spoilers for relevance to "Hope"

How is Rush coping with yet another incident linked to him? Others will probably blame his actions from 'Malice' for the arguably successful attack on Earth.

From the preview of 'Hope' we hear Rush say,
    Spoiler:
    "...take your mind off it for half an hour or so."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGlVXRtEcGU

It felt like Rush is hoping to distract himself more than trying to calm Eli. He definitely has a lot on his mind.

Rock on.
    sigpic

I doubt he blames himself, there was no way to know if Simeon could have supplied correct info on the attack or if he would tell them anything at all.

As for the "arguably" successful attack on Earth, well we dont know if it was successful at all, which i doubt the bomb went off at all seeing as

Spoiler:
    the stones connect to Earth in a later episode "Siezure"

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
      I doubt he blames himself, there was no way to know if Simeon could have supplied correct info on the attack or if he would tell them anything at all.
      I agree. It seemed reasonable that Simeon was just pleading for his life at the end and wouldn't give any useful information.

Still, Rush admitted his guilt about Riley's death. He obvious feels some responsibility for various things, regardless of how much control he had over them.

Originally posted by escyos
      As for the "arguably" successful attack on Earth, well we dont know if it was successful at all, which i doubt the bomb went off at all...
      Success is relative. They did manage to damage Homeworld Command. That's nothing compared what their intentions were, but a lot more damage than anyone on Earth will tolerate.

They also managed to plant bombs on off world bases. They are a capable threat.

By killing Simeon, Rush guaranteed they'd have zero additional information.

Rock on.
      sigpic

Comment

Rush doesn't express regret as regret is an emotion

Maybe a little but he never believed Simeon would tell them anything. Rather thats true or not is anyones guess
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

I highly doubt that Space T-Bag would have provided any reliable information on the attack.

I also highly doubt that Rush feels any guilt at all about it. Considering he hasn't shown any guilt for anything he has done so far and this is something that he genuinely isn't responsible for.

Comment

Even if Rush had tried to save Simeon ,he would have die due to blood loss and etc in about a few hour, and i doubt Simeon would be lucid enough to tell Rush anything.

Comment

T'would be ironic i think, Rush feels no remorse for actions he directly caused, yet it tears him up pondering on 'what if's' and 'maybe's'

N.C

Comment

Feeling regret and showing it are not the same thing.

He clearly felt hatred as well as guilt (for indirectly causing Amanda's death) during 'Malice.'

Rush isn't some emotionless machine, he just sees the bigger picture (...usually).

As with Young, these incidents are building up. So far, the difference between them is that one will drink himself stupid while the other breaks down and cries in the desert.

I don't know if playing chess with a detached Eli will bring enough relief.

Rock on.
                sigpic

Comment

I don't think Rush felt any guilt over "indirectly causing Amanda's death", I think he just felt rage at Simeon. He broke down and cried in the desert because he had just lost a woman he was very fond of, not because all of his descions are piling up.

Rush isn't completely emotionless, it's just that his idea of acceptable losses is much more callous than anybody else'. It's like Young said in Trial and Error he (Young) has trouble dealing with the burden of command, but for Rush it wouldn't be a burden.

Comment

Working...
                  X