Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Clone Wars Season 4 Hopes (S3 spoilers welcome, please tag S4 spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Clone Wars Season 4 Hopes (S3 spoilers welcome, please tag S4 spoilers)

If the upcoming season follows the model of the first three years, we can expect it to start airing at the end of September/beginning of October.

So that gives us six months to speculate and hope!

What would you like to see in Season 4?

For my part:
    • A bit more pew-pew than Season 3. I've really been enjoying all the character and plot development this year, but sometimes....I just want to watch stuff get blown up. We got ARC Troopers and Citadel Rescue, but where have the big battles like the S1 Ryloth trilogy or S2 Geonosis arc been this year?
    • I want to see Savage's story continued. God I really hope we don't get left hanging for too long on that one, it was an exciting story and a great ending to that trilogy. I want MORE!
    • I hope the war continues to get darker. I'd like to see some Republic defeats and some big casualties
    • More of Grievous and Ventress fighting Jedi. He's a "monster" and she's a Dark Jedi/Sith Acolyte, let's see some more of that in action! Let's see Grievous earning and claiming his lightsaber trophies, let's see Ventress being badass and not constantly running away!
    • More private moments between Anakin and Palpatine. We're already seeing how much the war is changing him, I'd like to see more of Palpatine manipulating him as well
    • More Tarkin. Adding him to the show in the Citadel stories was a great (and for my part, unexpected) touch. And considering how important he becomes toward the end of the war and throughout the "dark times", I think it would be really nice to see his rise to power
    Last edited by DigiFluid; 24 March 2011, 01:02 PM.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    • I want to see Savage's story continued. God I really hope we don't get left hanging for too long on that one, it was an exciting story and a great ending to that trilogy. I want MORE!
    As long as they don't really bring back Maul.

Comment

As long as Katie Lucas writes it, I'm sure we can count on it respecting the EU
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Not that it would really surprise me if Maul's already been brought back somewhere (nothing in the Star Wars EU surprises me anymore), but I don't really know what you're on about.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
          Not that it would really surprise me if Maul's already been brought back somewhere (nothing in the Star Wars EU surprises me anymore), but I don't really know what you're on about.

I meant by that that Katie Lucas was really good about respecting Asajj Ventress' established backstory when she wrote Nightsisters for this season. That bit of flashback stuff where they showed Ventress' upbringing was directly referencing the story Ventress had already been given in other EU media, so the show was able to give her a whole new twist (making her from Dathomir) without trampling what other writers had already created for the character.

So whether Maul is alive or dead in the EU (I don't actually know), I expect that if Katie Lucas were to write the story, she'd respect what's already out there when she does her own storytelling.

Comment

More pew-pew definitely, this is Star Wars after all! I'd love more Cout Dooku/Bad guy stuff. Count Dooku as probably grown into my favorite on the show(not in the entire SW Universe though).

More Grievous and Ventress is fun too.

And I understand Obi-Wan and Anakin are vital characters to SW, but I'd love to see less focus on them and Ashoka(especially Ashoka) and see numerous other parts and aspects of The Clone Wars than just their adventures.

As long as Katie Lucas writes it, I'm sure we can count on it respecting the EU
            Yes, Katie Lucus did a great job with the Ventress/Savage stuff. Probably the best three episodes of season 3 IMO. A part of that constinuites to focusing on characters that are not normally focused on. Of course that is when I started watching CW to give it another shot.

Comment

Without trying to cover what others have suggested;

More Clone Trooper episodes. Since Domino Squad will eventually be wiped out, more episodes based on similar clones or already established characters like Rex and Cody or the Clone Cadets which Boba double crossed.

Less episodes that have a plot which could never happen. Like those which make it seem catching or killing Grievous or Dooku is a possibility, or ending the war with some super tactic, or Obi/Anakin/on screen Order 66 victims could be killed off. Try to vary the Jedi so if one dies, it could be a surprise.

Less political episodes. These episodes are boring.

Introduce Kota and Galen Marek's parents. Kota could be good, especially if they focus on his use of militia rather than clones.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                Introduce Kota and Galen Marek's parents. Kota could be good, especially if they focus on his use of militia rather than clones.
                That would be fantastic!

You sure are a TFU fanatic!

Comment

I did enjoy the games, even with their flaws (first was too long, second was too short) and I would love to see them incorporated more into the canon.

Introducing characters from the games within the Clone Wars series would allow the TFU series to become more than something which can be brushed off as strictly EU material rather than the same overall story/canon that the trilogies and Clone Wars.

I do think it would be great to see Rahm Kota, Kento and Mallie Marek be they a couple or not yet at that point, Maris Brood becoming the Padawan of Shaak Ti and even Kazdan Paratus before he lost his mind.

sigpic

Comment

They were both way too short A game is too short if you can polish it off with an afternoon of determined gameplay.

Comment

I agree and disagree.

Disagree: The first game was long and dull. It was really the story that redeemed it but it took a long time for the story to kick in. It start off good, then we had to go through Felucia and Raxus Prime which almost ruined the game for me (especially doing it twice for different reasons).

Agree: Second game couldn't have been any shorter. 4 areas split into 9 (3 areas if you discount Dagobah and it's 2 minute duration). Then you're doubling back through those areas so it's just really 3 big stages, which you double play twice. Not surprise the guy who directed both games quit after it.

I think that's even more reason why TFU characters should be included, as it's the characters unique to the game that need more development other than Galen.
                      Last edited by SaberBlade; 24 March 2011, 07:52 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Well, in any case. I do think it would be nice to see TFU characters appear in TCW. It'd be another great way to tie the SW universe together.

Comment

I'd love to see prototype versions of PROXY used by the Separatists as new Droid weapons. Expand the back story of Rahm and his distrust of Clone Troopers, Galen's parents as possible inspiration for Anakin to want to have children (by learning they love each other like he and Padme do, but can't know about a pregnancy) and maybe introduce his parents as former Jedi who left for some unknown reason (pregnancy). Maris Brood as a Padawan, Kazdan and his cool lightsaber as a skilled Jedi Knight.

Would be great to see it all.

sigpic

Comment

They were both way too short A game is too short if you can polish it off with an afternoon of determined gameplay.
                            Agreed, I bought TFU the day it came out. And beat it an about 5-8 hours. 7 to be more specific I think? And I wasn't happy at all at the length after the amount of hype. I enjoyed it at the time but nowadays I hardly enjoy it as much. I like the story and characters presented in the games but nowadays I find both games to be lacking in terms of length and gameplay. Graphics and story are pretty good I thought. I won't ever buy TFUII until it is mega cheap, I felt I wasted $60 on TFUI.

I feel sorry for LucasArts...whatever happened to them.

Comment

TFU1 is only long if you decide to unlock all the trophies/achievements, which I have. I think you need something like 4,000 kills using all the damn force powers and **** like that.

TFU2 is short as hell and much easier to do. You can tell they failed on that game when they decided to add challenges to the game (other than Arkham Asylum, challenges are the result of a lazy developer). Definitely not worth the £50 I paid for the Collectors Edition.

That's why TFU should be used in Clone Wars, in order to contribute something to the franchise other than a light wallet and a huge waste of time for people who like me, went for 100% trophies/achievements.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X