Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New opening for SGU 2.5 (Spoilers ahoy !)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New opening for SGU 2.5 (Spoilers ahoy !)

I remember reading a few posts from before the season break that the opening theme doesnt suit the show anymore.
    The "This is what destiny intended from the moment it ent..yada yada"

I quite like the new opening, especially with Eli yelling "YOU'VE HAD CONTROL OF THIS SHIP THE ENTIRE TIME!? Why wouldnt you tell anyone!?"

What do you think of the new opening for SGU?

Yes, I like it! I love the way its changed slightly every .5 of the season but I think this one has to be my favourite. I think the music that plays would have been cool for the theme tune of the show too if they ever developed an opening like SG-1 or Atlantis had.
    Islanded In A Stream Of Stars...

Cavil - The Artist Formerly Known As Crais

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SilenceOz View Post
      I remember reading a few posts from before the season break that the opening theme doesnt suit the show anymore.
      Must've missed those posts.

I'm totally loving the new opening! Quite possibly my favourite from all four (and not counting ) we've seen.
      sigpic

Comment

I like how they subtly managed to get the background radiation structure in it

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post
          I like how they subtly managed to get the background radiation structure in it
          If only they did it subtly! It pisses me off everytime I see it.
          The 1.5 version, that one I liked, the music was amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatz View Post
            If only they did it subtly! It pisses me off everytime I see it.
            Why does it piss you off?
            sigpic

Comment

I find the effect and sound of the background radiation irritating when repeated.
              I also dislike the music used during this part, I feel like it sets the wrong mood, although this might be because I absolutely loved the 1.5 intro.
              http://www.youtube.com/user/baloznie.../3/jRGVC1OaZh0
              And I don't like the narration either. The "Rush. why didn't you tell us?" and "Young feels like crap" issues are supposed to be over and this intro makes them look like major plot lines.

Comment

Fair enough. I'm totally loving the intro. The background radiation, pissed Eli yelling... All good.

And I don't like the narration either. The "Rush. why didn't you tell us?" and "Young feels like crap" issues are supposed to be over and this intro makes them look like major plot lines.
                Maybe those issues aren't over. Or if they really are, it's kind of a nice reminder how much relationship between Rush and Young has changed.
                sigpic

Comment

i like the new opening (though a theme song would have been better). after someone mentioned it on here, every time it goes young "i strangled rylie (sp) with my bare hands" than right after it scott: "your a good captain" i can't help but laughing at it.
                  sigpic

Comment

I do like most of it, but feel the "your a good captain" part could have been dropped out.

Comment

That is a RECAP & not a OPENING. Just about most shows does a recap

Comment

The 1.5 version, that one I liked, the music was amazing.
                        This is pretty much how I feel. I was kind of disappointed when 2.0 replaced it.

Comment

Working...
                        X