Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Recent Events

  1. #1
    Captain tomstone's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,491

    Default Recent Events

    Hey Guys,

    I was just wondering if I am the only one who kept thinking about the recent Events in Japan and about Stargate all the way through this Episode?

    The A Plot kept reminding me how SGU got cancelled. Young and the others basicly fought for the survival of their mission.

    And the B Plot, made me think alot about what the People in Japan must be going through.
    Last edited by tomstone; May 5th, 2011 at 01:46 PM.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

  2. #2
    Lieutenant General Egle01's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Rush's quarters
    Posts
    15,355

    Default Re: Recent Events

    Not so much about the plots, but tremors and walls coming down did remind of what's going on in Japan.

  3. #3
    Second Lieutenant The Destiny's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    357

    Default Re: Recent Events

    Apart from the apocalypse generated by the end of the stargate franchise? Nope, not really

    Just for clarity; They're pretty well prepared for this sort of thing in Japan. While it is a disaster of course, there is no large scale panic. They practice this stuff regularly. Understandable, being close to 3 tectonic plates.

  4. #4
    Captain tomstone's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,491

    Default Re: Recent Events

    Quote Originally Posted by The Destiny View Post
    Apart from the apocalypse generated by the end of the stargate franchise? Nope, not really

    Just for clarity; They're pretty well prepared for this sort of thing in Japan. While it is a disaster of course, there is no large scale panic. They practice this stuff regularly. Understandable, being close to 3 tectonic plates.
    I know that Radiation gets portrayed a little more dangerous on Tv then it is for real, but I really worry for those People who are working to keep the worse from happening. Radiation of any kind is bad for your health, so the radiation coming from those reactors must be destructive down the line.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Captain morbosfist's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,693

    Default Re: Recent Events

    Just a coincidence. They honestly couldn't have predicted this would air so close to a tragedy.

  7. #7
    The Monitor jelgate's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Preparing for Crisis
    Posts
    36,968

    Default Re: Recent Events

    This episode was filmed back in November if not earlier so no its pure concidence
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

  8. #8
    River's Roommate carmencatalina's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,706

    Default Re: Recent Events

    It is a coincidence, but it is a very sad thing to think about the technicians/firefighters who are basically exposing themselves to lethal radiation doses in Japan right now, and this episode did remind me of that.

    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

  9. #9
    Captain tomstone's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,491

    Default Re: Recent Events

    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    This episode was filmed back in November if not earlier so no its pure concidence
    I know that this was not planned, but I couldnt help but think about that stuff while seeing this Ep.
    Last edited by tomstone; March 23rd, 2011 at 03:07 AM.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

  10. #10
    Colonel
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,933

    Default Re: Recent Events

    O.o

  11. #11
    Second Lieutenant Adrian_Jackson's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eureka Springs, Arkansas, United States
    Posts
    314

    Default Re: Recent Events

    Kind of a weird thing to link. I thought this episode was dangerously close to 9/11 - I mean a spaceship crashes into the Pentagon!

  12. #12
    Major General
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,249

    Default Re: Recent Events

    Quote Originally Posted by tomstone View Post
    I know that Radiation gets portrayed a little more dangerous on Tv then it is for real, but I really worry for those People who are working to keep the worse from happening. Radiation of any kind is bad for your health, so the radiation coming from those reactors must be destructive down the line.
    It was a naquida bomb, which from how we saw Daniel die in Meridian, we KNOW are extremely radioactive in close proximity..

  13. #13
    Captain tomstone's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,491

    Default Re: Recent Events

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian_Jackson View Post
    Kind of a weird thing to link. I thought this episode was dangerously close to 9/11 - I mean a spaceship crashes into the Pentagon!
    I didnt even notice that they where supposed to be in the Pentagon.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

  14. #14
    Second Lieutenant Adrian_Jackson's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eureka Springs, Arkansas, United States
    Posts
    314

    Default Re: Recent Events

    Quote Originally Posted by tomstone View Post
    I didnt even notice that they where supposed to be in the Pentagon.
    Well Homeworld Command is there, as we saw in Season 1. I think they pussied out by not showing any external shots of the aftermath of the crash.

  15. #15
    Captain Janus's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Zwollywood aka Zwolle, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,617

    Zat Re: Recent Events

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian_Jackson View Post
    Well Homeworld Command is there, as we saw in Season 1. I think they pussied out by not showing any external shots of the aftermath of the crash.
    Either that, or they were trying to safe money for the next episode.

    Writer of Stargate Nova Roma (SG Universe Soft Reboot/Continuation)
    For the long version, see....


    And for the rare days that you want to read something Non-Stargate, I wrote two novels


  16. #16
    Major General
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,249

    Default Re: Recent Events

    Maybe they didn't as it might have been too close for comfort after 9/11 with some viewers.

  17. #17
    Ranch Hand Python's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    134

    Default Re: Recent Events

    It's weird, I still don't understand how they can be fighting for their mission. They're still stuck. They have no options.

  18. #18
    Captain Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Leeds,West Yorkshire, U.K
    Posts
    1,132

    Default Re: Recent Events

    Quote Originally Posted by Python View Post
    It's weird, I still don't understand how they can be fighting for their mission. They're still stuck. They have no options.
    I think the point was whether to supply the Destiny with stuff to help with mission or just for theis survival if they find another naquadria planet.

  19. #19
    Captain tomstone's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,491

    Default Re: Recent Events

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
    I think the point was whether to supply the Destiny with stuff to help with mission or just for theis survival if they find another naquadria planet.
    I just wanted to point out that another Naquadria planet in range of Destiny is near to impossible. Naquadria does not occour normally and in order for it to be in Destinies path it has to be hit with the right Meteor at the right time or the planet builders decide to be helpful again.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Similar Threads

  1. recent ufo sighting
    By apollo22 in forum Off-Topic Chatter
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: December 20th, 2008, 03:07 PM
  2. A recent conversation I overheard.
    By Mike3121 in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: September 8th, 2007, 02:36 AM
  3. Your Most Recent CD Purchase?
    By Jason_Clement in forum Off-Topic Chatter
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: July 25th, 2007, 05:23 PM
  4. I'm more confused than ever - recent article
    By Maxum in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: August 28th, 2006, 09:25 AM
  5. Most recent classic
    By Billz in forum Doctor Who
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: July 24th, 2006, 12:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •