Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent Events

Hey Guys,

I was just wondering if I am the only one who kept thinking about the recent Events in Japan and about Stargate all the way through this Episode?

The A Plot kept reminding me how SGU got cancelled. Young and the others basicly fought for the survival of their mission.

And the B Plot, made me think alot about what the People in Japan must be going through.
    Last edited by tomstone; 05 May 2011, 01:46 PM.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Not so much about the plots, but tremors and walls coming down did remind of what's going on in Japan.
    sigpic

Comment

Apart from the apocalypse generated by the end of the stargate franchise? Nope, not really

Just for clarity; They're pretty well prepared for this sort of thing in Japan. While it is a disaster of course, there is no large scale panic. They practice this stuff regularly. Understandable, being close to 3 tectonic plates.

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post
        Apart from the apocalypse generated by the end of the stargate franchise? Nope, not really

Just for clarity; They're pretty well prepared for this sort of thing in Japan. While it is a disaster of course, there is no large scale panic. They practice this stuff regularly. Understandable, being close to 3 tectonic plates.
        I know that Radiation gets portrayed a little more dangerous on Tv then it is for real, but I really worry for those People who are working to keep the worse from happening. Radiation of any kind is bad for your health, so the radiation coming from those reactors must be destructive down the line.
        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Not at the time of watching it no, but now i keep hearing the words of the bbc woman saying "The fire fighters at the plant are sacrificing them selves to save their nation" and Wray "We are already dead".

Comment

Just a coincidence. They honestly couldn't have predicted this would air so close to a tragedy.

Comment

This episode was filmed back in November if not earlier so no its pure concidence
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

It is a coincidence, but it is a very sad thing to think about the technicians/firefighters who are basically exposing themselves to lethal radiation doses in Japan right now, and this episode did remind me of that.
                sigpic
                Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  This episode was filmed back in November if not earlier so no its pure concidence
                  I know that this was not planned, but I couldnt help but think about that stuff while seeing this Ep.
                  Last edited by tomstone; 23 March 2011, 03:07 AM.
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

O.o

Comment

Kind of a weird thing to link. I thought this episode was dangerously close to 9/11 - I mean a spaceship crashes into the Pentagon!

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                        I know that Radiation gets portrayed a little more dangerous on Tv then it is for real, but I really worry for those People who are working to keep the worse from happening. Radiation of any kind is bad for your health, so the radiation coming from those reactors must be destructive down the line.
                        It was a naquida bomb, which from how we saw Daniel die in Meridian, we KNOW are extremely radioactive in close proximity..

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian_Jackson View Post
                          Kind of a weird thing to link. I thought this episode was dangerously close to 9/11 - I mean a spaceship crashes into the Pentagon!
                          I didnt even notice that they where supposed to be in the Pentagon.
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                            I didnt even notice that they where supposed to be in the Pentagon.
                            Well Homeworld Command is there, as we saw in Season 1. I think they pussied out by not showing any external shots of the aftermath of the crash.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian_Jackson View Post
                              Well Homeworld Command is there, as we saw in Season 1. I think they pussied out by not showing any external shots of the aftermath of the crash.
                              Either that, or they were trying to safe money for the next episode.
                              sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Working...
                              X