Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lieutenant Colonel MattSilver 3k's Avatar

Default Favourite Moments/Quotes/Greer and Wray's Wild Ride from 'Alliances'

... 'Kay. Y'all know the drill and stuff. Don't have many right off the bat, but will edit in more as I remember/after my rewatch.

Moments:
    - "New Chloe" working at the bridge. You go girl.

- Greer. All over. What a guy.

- The geiger counter technician's leg/arm or whatever coming off. I lol'd.

Quotes:
    - Covell: "People back at Stargate Command call you the Boy Wonder."
    Eli: *laughs nervously* "Does that make Rush my Batman?"
    *Awkward silence*
    Eli: "Guess not."
    Brody: "Adam Brody."
    Volker: "Dale Volker."
    Brody: "We work here too."

- About Varro:
    TJ: "Sir I think he's telling the truth."
    Young: "Oh I know you do."
    (Oh Young)

Greer and Wray's Wild Ride:
    - "He's Lucian Alliance!"
    BANG BANG. Go Greer. Saw it coming, but yeah, go Greer. Kinda wanted him to whip out the wooden splits on his legs and whack Evans to death. That'd be cool.

Some interesting by-play between the two. Unique team-ups for the win. I like. Next week: TJ and Eli in Weekend At Rushes!
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Default Re: Favourite Moments/Quotes/Greer and Wray's Wild Ride from 'Alliances'

Michaels being the better person and willingly going back to her dying body to disarm the bomb. Clearly, SGU senators must be opponents of Kinsey.

Default Re: Favourite Moments/Quotes/Greer and Wray's Wild Ride from 'Alliances'

Quote Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
    Michaels being the better person and willingly going back to her dying body to disarm the bomb. Clearly, SGU senators must be opponents of Kinsey.
    Yeah. Thats two that sacrificed themselves.

Colonel

I liked Greer breaking down the end, and the little laugh him and Camille shared earlier.

Colonel

The little exchange between Tj and Young was funny. It went something like...

TJ: I trust him.

Young: I know you do.

TJ: *wtf look*

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek26 View Post
    Yeah. Thats two that sacrificed themselves.
    Now why can't our senators be like that rather than being trading on "donations" from corporate sponsors. Oh right, the rest of us don't donate/participate in our political process enough to make up for what the corporate sponsors do.

Colonel

To be fair, she didn't really sacrifice herself, her life was forfeit anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
    - About Varro:
    (Oh Young)
    Quote Originally Posted by KEK View Post
    The little exchange between Tj and Young was funny. It went something like...

TJ: I trust him.

Young: I know you do.

TJ: *wtf look*

This. Totally.

And the bit where Greer said "Okay so lets talk."
    And Camille says, "I have nothing to say."

Staff Sergeant

"Does that make Rush my Batman?"...Silense.."Guess not"

This. was. just. perfect. It made me chuckle instantly. Perfect comedian timing too.

- The geiger counter technician's leg/arm or whatever coming off. I lol'd.
    Matt, for a while, I thought I was the only one who would have laughed at that instance of dismemberment. Glad to see there were others. Great minds think alike.

Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
    Matt, for a while, I thought I was the only one who would have laughed at that instance of dismemberment. Glad to see there were others. Great minds think alike.
    I forgot about that

Lieutenant Colonel MattSilver 3k's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
    I forgot about that
    Horrible people, all of us. I just looked at it and thought it was like something out of a Saw film, and Wray's reaction was exactly how I'd called it. Even Greer comforting her. Just made me lol.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Staff Sergeant

To be fair, she didn't really sacrifice herself, her life was forfeit anyway.
    Yes, but accepting your faith in such moment with dignity and peace is remarkable trait in any human being. You understand is that all you can do is try to do your best so others won't die - even if you will.

Horrible people, all of us.
    Bloody ****ing horrible, we are. I love it.

If I didn't have gallows humor about things like dismemberment, the smell of beached whales or having to be a lumberjack to clear out felled trees from dirt roads in a forest, my job would swallow me whole.

yea i loved that moment. Wray pulls the arm and it comes off XD.

also loved the teamwork. considering the LA guy could've just ran off to the nearest exit, it didn't make sense for a guy WORKING there to not do it. so aside from the "scientist' thing, that pretty much gave him away as LA.

did like the touching on some of the problems, like connecting to Destiny and finding a doctor actually wanting to stay there

Brody: "We work here too."

- About Varro:
    These.

Also when both Greer and Wray started laughing. It took me some time to understand why, but it was a very nice moment. Also, when they started opening up to each other in the end.

Interesting, that in one episode, and half of it I spent disliking the lady senator, they managed to make me sad seeing her stat working on the bomb. Very brave of her.

Wonder what will happen with the stones (or at least for some time)? I'd like to see some other reacting to the situation.

greer and wray scene toward the end. especially when she was like "i have nothing to say" and both start laughing.

chloe saying why she would stay on destiny.

Rush saying he's on his way, and then continues to just sit there and takes another sip.
    Last edited by Egle01; March 22nd, 2011 at 06:31 AM. Reason: typo fail

Quote Originally Posted by Egle01 View Post
    Rush saying his on his way, and then continues to just sit there and takes another sip.
    I hadn't noticed that one, time for a rewatch.

Greer: I'm off duty, right?
    Wray: Yes?
    Greer: Than I don't have to talk to you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Destiny View Post
    Greer: I'm off duty, right?
    Wray: Yes?
    Greer: Than I don't have to talk to you.
    When did he say that? Looks like I missed it. Well, a re-watch time then!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast