Farscape: Abandoned plot threads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farscape: Abandoned plot threads?

Are there any plot threads that the writers abandoned which bother you?

The main one for me is the Nebari plan to take over the peacekeepers. This was introduced in Season 1 with respect to the destruction of the Zelbinian and the capture and rehabilitation of Durka. Although the show did revisit the Nebari, they never really dealt with the Nebari threat. Maybe it would have occurred if Moya and crew returned to peacekeeper space.
    Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Well...the show was cancelled prematurely (w/ 'season 5' being compressed into around 2 hours as PKW), so any remaining stuff like that didn't get a chance to be properly addressed.

The current ongoing series of the Farscape comics do have some stuff about the Nebari, tho', so you may want to check those out.

IMHO, there's a fair amount of material/plot threads that could be explored in the future (whether in the long-awaited webisodes or later comics): stuff like, 'will Maldis' be back? Or 'what about that Sebacean colony where the princess is?', or 'those aliens from the start of season 3, who, if I understood it properly, planted a beacon of some sort on Moya', etc.

The plot threads thingy kinda bugs me, yeah, but since the comics are still ongoing, it's something to look forward to and hope they'll tackle in one way or another.
    sigpic

Comment

The only one that really bugs me is that Rygel's story was never resolved. Of course, that's not so much an abandoned plot thread as one that they never had time to explore.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I would like to have known more about Pilots origin than that one episode we got in S2
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

I always got the sense that the Nebari were somehow involved in the Scarran/PK conflict. That if they weren't actively manipulating both empires into destroying one another then they were certainly gearing up to pounce on the "winner" of the conflict as they emerged weakened.

Could have made for an interesting story for sure.

As far as abandoned plot threads it was irritating how they just forcibly reset the whole Grayza/Braca/Scorpius situation in PKW, just one of many problems I had with it.

When we last saw these three Grayza thought Scorpius was dead by her own order, Braca had yanked Grayza's command out from under her and had her brigged and now they're all just working together again like nothing happened. There should have been some serious **** hitting some pretty big fans here since evidently Grayza did get out, and ended up even more powerful than she had been before Braca turned on her with Scorpy.

Maybe they sent her an apology card?

That brings to mind another abandoned plot thread. Scorpius' miraculous resurrection from the dead in season 4. He's blasted through the chest and at the very least buried still barely alive and then he's jut back one day and no explanation as it how will ever be forthcoming.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
            That brings to mind another abandoned plot thread. Scorpius' miraculous resurrection from the dead in season 4. He's blasted through the chest and at the very least buried still barely alive and then he's jut back one day and no explanation as it how will ever be forthcoming.
            I'm still in season 3 (for my current re-watch), but wasn't he helped by Braca? (implied, not shown)
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
              I'm still in season 3 (for my current re-watch), but wasn't he helped by Braca? (implied, not shown)
              It's one of the few assumptions that makes any sense but even it doesn't really make perfect sense. Early on in S4 there's an episode where Scorpy says he's got a spy on Grayza's carrier. Naturally Braca comes to mind but if you actually watch the episode it's just some random guy that they show.

It could be him then I suppose, that helped him out of his grave, but even then nothing changes the fact that he did get shot and buried for real. It's also clear that he is working with Braca later on though, and never shown how the two got reacquainted, so it's all a mess.

I think Sikozu even says he's dead when she sees him in the hole to.

It seems like they initially intended to kill him off then wanted him back and didn't care how so they tried to make up this "they were in it together all along" thing sometime mid season with him and Braca but it's got a few leaks in it.

I'm glad he did come back though. If they were going to kill him off they would have had to actually give Grayza a backstory and thus motives we could understand, and that wasn't a priority in season 4 it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                It's one of the few assumptions that makes any sense but even it doesn't really make perfect sense. Early on in S4 there's an episode where Scorpy says he's got a spy on Grayza's carrier. Naturally Braca comes to mind but if you actually watch the episode it's just some random guy that they show.

It could be him then I suppose, that helped him out of his grave, but even then nothing changes the fact that he did get shot and buried for real. It's also clear that he is working with Braca later on though, and never shown how the two got reacquainted, so it's all a mess.

I think Sikozu even says he's dead when she sees him in the hole to.

It seems like they initially intended to kill him off then wanted him back and didn't care how so they tried to make up this "they were in it together all along" thing sometime mid season with him and Braca but it's got a few leaks in it.

I'm glad he did come back though. If they were going to kill him off they would have had to actually give Grayza a backstory and thus motives we could understand, and that wasn't a priority in season 4 it seems.
                Yeah, Sikozu said he was dead AFTER Scorpy told him to say skernac so she wouldn't die. Still, I don't understand Scorpy's survival. I don't think he even survived as he said DON'T LET THEM BURY ME. I think he knew he wasn't gonna make it this time. Is the Scorpius in Season 4 and PKW a clone or sth? An unrealized Scorpy? Maybe Scorpy was on Rovhu once and got twinned like Crichton? Also, Braca is seen to be Scorpy's spy in the episode where Crichton, Aeryn, D'Argo, Rygel, Sikozu and Noranti are at Earth.
                "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Also, they never finished the whole Maldis plot. I wish he would have returned. Zhaan said he could still be alive. Then there was the Grayza plot. I mean, I thought she was arrested or sth.?
                  "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

What about the bone-eating alien from season 1, episode 21? The Peacekeepers picked her up and then, nothing

Comment

The Rygel story line is explored in the comics I believe. I haven't actually been reading them but that's my understanding. Of course it would have been great to see it on screen.

Maldis story line I actually don't mind that they didn't explore it further, can't say I was a huge fan of him

By biggest gripe would also be about the Nebari. I feel like there was a lot of potential there for something big, especially considering what we saw through the series. If they would have gotten involved in the mix with the Peacekeepers and Scarrans it would have been pretty insane.
                      sigpic

Comment

After what happened to Zhaan it didn't make sense for Maldis to continue. He was an adversary for Zhaan and her mental abilities
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Julian View Post
                          What about the bone-eating alien from season 1, episode 21? The Peacekeepers picked her up and then, nothing
                          In the next episode, Scorp says to Crais that "Have you seen the guy(well, someone) who I made watch the girl you picked up. I haven't seen her?" as another part of the mistakes Crais has done.
                          In other words, the PK killed her.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            After what happened to Zhaan it didn't make sense for Maldis to continue. He was an adversary for Zhaan and her mental abilities
                            They could have used Stark for that. Or at least it would have been cooler if in the mourned Season 5, Maldis would have trapped Crichton in a wormhole or sth. cos he's trapped or whatever...

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                              They could have used Stark for that. Or at least it would have been cooler if in the mourned Season 5, Maldis would have trapped Crichton in a wormhole or sth. cos he's trapped or whatever...
                              Stark never say Maldis so it doesn't make sense that he would attack Stark. Maldis always felt like a foil for Zhaan. To do otherwise is an insult to her character. It would be like Scorpious attacking D'Argo instead of John
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X