No announcement yet.

Being inbetween two points of origin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first of all you would NEVER mix two adresses. the stargate has a very specific dialing program the adresses are static and do not change *EXCEPTING* sgc dialing computer which is a little more flexible. second, each adress has 6 symbols plus point of origin and each syllable of the planets ancient designation corresponds to a gate symbol which makes a sound (proc-la-rush,ta-o-nas). six syllables, six sounds. assuming you mix, say earth (te-rr-a, at-lan-tus) and proc-la-rush, ta-o-nas, and you get... te-la-a, ta-lan-nas, it will not correspond to anything in the dhd, and the chevrons will not lock ASSUMING, that these symbols do not, by sheer coincidence, already correspond to an existing adress. there ya go.

Please help my dragon grow!

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
      Having watched EATG yesterday, I see what you're driving at. The hive ship was in Earth orbit when the gate activated, rather than around the moon. Although I'm not sure whether it was in geostationary orbit at 36,000 kilometers (22,000 miles) or in low-earth orbit at around 160 - 2,000 kilometers (100 - 1,240 miles), probably the latter given how rapidly the orbit of Atlantis decayed after being shot at.

A bit OT, but I still can't understand why no amateur astronomers have gone public with what they must have seen. It should be standard procedure for the Prometheus and other earth ships to emerge cloaked into Earth orbit!
      The gate on the hive was a PG which makes it dominant. They never opened a gate between the hive and earth while it was in orbit. The sabotague crew gated off to another planet.

Comment

and also no Points of origin coincide so kinda pointless sorry

Please help my dragon grow!

Comment

Working...
        X