How did he escape ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did he escape ?

The one thing i can't figure out is , if the Alternative Dr Rush abandon Destiny after the failed attemp to Dial Earth ,He escape with the shuttle,
    The People from Current Destiny ship saw the Damaged Destiny was still inside the star and slowly sinking deeper into the Star.

Then how did Alt Dr Rush escape with only a shuttle?

Destiny and the Seed ships are the only ships capable of traveling close to sun.
    Are the Shuttle also capable of traveling close to the sun as well?

ALT-Destiny wasn't inside the star when they got there. It was well outside the crona and it was being pulled inside. Also keeping in mind that Destiny was in FTL for a couple hours before they gated back to the ALT-Destiny to which it was closer to the star.

This suggests that Destiny was quite far out of the Star but was being pulled into it by the gravitational forces. This leaves it open to the possibility that Rush made his exit off ALT-Destiny before it was "too close".
    " Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. "
    - Douglas Noel Adams ( 1952 - 2001 ), So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish

Comment

I don't think he escaped the crippled alt Destiny while it was still in the sun. It was moving fast enough in skimming the sun that it probably did get out before falling back in.

That's why when Rush went back to Earth via the stones the ship wasn't shaking and rattling like it should've been with weak systems and so close to a sun.

Comment

I was a little surprised that Rush could fly the shuttle, but I guess that's just how awesome he is. Or, everyone have had some practice time just like with the bridge's controls.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
          I was a little surprised that Rush could fly the shuttle, but I guess that's just how awesome he is.
          He can fly an Blue Alien ship, so I'm sure he can fly one of Destiny's shuttles - his awesomeness knows no bounds.
          sigpic
          Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
            He can fly an Blue Alien ship, so I'm sure he can fly one of Destiny's shuttles - his awesomeness knows no bounds.
            I got the impression that he knew it thanks to the neural link with one of the aliens. There was a flash of some controls.

But you're right. His awesomeness knows no bounds.
            sigpic

Comment

But you're right. His awesomeness knows no bounds.
              Rush is awesomeness topped with awesome sauce and a side of awesome.

The fact that I only get another 8 hours of him and Young is heart-breaking, really.

I could watch 8 hours of Young and Rush arguing about shift rotations. Discussing food rationing. Fighting about power usage.

Le sigh.
              sigpic

Comment

The fact that I only get another 8 hours of him and Young is heart-breaking, really.

I could watch 8 hours of Young and Rush arguing about shift rotations. Discussing food rationing. Fighting about power usage.

Le sigh.
                Them argue what paint dries faster?
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Them argue what paint dries faster?
                  Absolutely. My love for them knows no bounds!
                  sigpic

Comment

Le sigh.
                    I could watch 8 hours of Rush and Young reading the phone book, as long as they were arguing about it.

ArchaeoNerd

Comment

hell, i'd love watching 8 hours of Young and Rush doing a stare/expression battle and mumbling only a few words every now and then

Comment

Agree with every version that's been mentioned. Eight hours of Rush and Young, any time, anywhere.
                        sigpic

Comment

I was a little surprised that Rush could fly the shuttle, but I guess that's just how awesome he is. Or, everyone have had some practice time just like with the bridge's controls.
                          Remember he did need assistance docking it.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            Remember he did need assistance docking it.
                            Must've missed that one. Oh well, a re-watch time!
                            sigpic

Comment

That may be something he can't control from the shuttle, like open the docking clamps or re-lock them after landing. I can't remember what the previous docking procedures worked. I do remember in season 1 when Rush tried to isolate control to the civilian side, Rush had to dock the shuttle down after the download and before they jumped to FTL.
                              The signature has been destroyed!

Comment

Working...
                              X