Timeline wonkiness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timeline wonkiness

Something I missed/need clarification on....

Timeline A failed right, only sending Telford back to Earth. Rush then somehow goes back in time about 12 hours.

Timeline B then happens, starting from 12 hours before where Timeline A ended.

So how is there a version of Telford on Earth? Shouldn't that Telford still be a part of the Timeline A universe, and not be present in Timeline B at all?
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

They travelled back in time before gating off (or as they established the wormhole) so the entire ship went back in time and THEN they went through the gate.

Comment

I think either Rush or someone here on the forums (I honestly don't remember) said that the Destiny had already jumped timelines before the Gate activated. Part of that "unpredictable freak of physics" thing...

This would explain why Rush, Telford, the shuttle, and Destiny all appeared in Timeline "B." Otherwise, it should have been Rush and only Rush.
      sigpic
      ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
        They travelled back in time before gating off (or as they established the wormhole) so the entire ship went back in time and THEN they went through the gate.
        Without ever having dialed the gate in the star? That doesn't make any sense...
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I think both happened at once: The moment Telford stepped through the gate and solar flared back twelve hours, the problems showed up. Somehow, the ship jumped back twelve hours when he did, the power behind the 9th Chevron wormhole doing it all within a solar flaring sun.

Or something. I can make it make sense to me, but it's probably kinda spotty to other people's logics...
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

It happened either when establishing the wormhole or when Alt Telford went through. The whole ship jumped back 12 hours, but it did not change its position in space, just time. After Telford went through, the wormhole became unstable and the rest of the people didn't get through.

The time jump must have happened at the connection or when/just before Telford went through. If it happened afterwards, then Rush would not have seen Telford at SGC when he used the stones.

Comment

No surprise some called this episode mind=bender. I'm still trying to figure out what happened in "Time" and now this too...
              sigpic

Comment

Destiny A jumped time, then Telford went to Earth.
                Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                ---
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
                  Destiny A jumped time, then Telford went to Earth.
                  So when did he appear on Earth? Hours before our timeline crew was about to attempt dialing? Or after? Or... when??
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                    So when did he appear on Earth? Hours before our timeline crew was about to attempt dialing? Or after? Or... when??
                    its possible the longer the wormhole was open the further back in time the ship travelled. so Telford arrived when he was supposed to and Destiny ended up 12 hours behind

Comment

The ship flashed back 12 hours the instant the ninth-chevron locked, so when alt!Telford stepped through the wormhole, he wasn't actually time traveling. He just arrived at Stargate Command right then 12 hours ago (which is now the present for alt!Destiny and alt! crew), since the time travel had already been done. alt!Rush was also already in the past, so he had no need to further time travel once the connection had been made.
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                        The ship flashed back 12 hours the instant the ninth-chevron locked, so when alt!Telford stepped through the wormhole, he wasn't actually time traveling. He just arrived at Stargate Command right then 12 hours ago (which is now the present for alt!Destiny and alt! crew), since the time travel had already been done. alt!Rush was also already in the past, so he had no need to further time travel once the connection had been made.
                        id say the time travel happened when the wormhole went unstable which happened just after Telford left.

Comment

Next time they want a spare part, they just dial Earth from inside the star and salvage it from the past destiny. They could send a people back home too, one in each time. It is too convenience. Now they have 2 shuttles too.

SGU story back to it's old habit again.

Is it possible the missing people who enter the gate that never turn up on Earth has been scattered sent to 12,000 years in the past and future?

Or they just stuck in the gate buffer?

Comment

Originally posted by Trinary View Post
                            SGU story back to it's old habit again.
                            And what kind of habit is that?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                              id say the time travel happened when the wormhole went unstable which happened just after Telford left.
                              That's the way I saw it too. The unstable wormhole (right after Telford went through) looked just like it did in Time when time went wobbly.

ETA

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                              And what kind of habit is that?
                              Being brilliant
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X