I think the writers sort of forgot about that one.
Most of the 'not-knowing-about-Telford' can be explained as the destiny crew not using the stones nor having anyone on stone duty. It could be that Eli switched with Dr Lee more than 12 hours before the "first" destiny attempted to dial.
I believe it's like this;
- hour 0: moment of dailing in the first timeline: Destiny A tries to dial
- 12+ hours before the moment when destiny A tried to dial: Eli and Dr Lee swap places. This happens a little more than 12 hours before Destiny A tried to dial. Noone is on stone duty after this. The SGC is expecting the Destiny to dial in anywhere within the next day or so.
- 12 hours before dial: Destiny A makes a connection to Earth and is sent back in time a little over 12 hours
- 12 hours before dial: Telford comes through the gate on Earth
- roughly 12-9 hours before dial: Rush waits on destiny A and then uses the stones to switch with Telford
- roughly 9-6 hours ( I'm just making up random hours, just to give an impression of a rough timescale ) before dial: Destiny B comes out of FTL, Rush goes to Destiny B
- 0 hours before the moment when destiny A tried to dial. Destiny B is in the star and crew B decides not to dial Earth.
- 1+ hours after the moment when destiny A tried to dial; Destiny B encounters Destiny A, which has left the star hours earlier and stopped nearby.
Nah, he just meant the had to wait a moment before following to give eachother a little space when going through. A little pause for safety.
It seems as though original Telford didn't go back in time, because Earth wouldn't have been expecting them. The time travel happened after Telford went through, so that the original Telford comes through the gate at the time that "our" Destiny was supposed to dial. Hence, while our crew is taking supplies from the original Destiny, Telford comes through the gate on schedule. In both cases, none of the crew came through the gate. Now the only real issue is how he was able to switch with the original Rush (unless the time travel happened while Rush was using the stones). And how the EarthTelford knew that the original Destiny went back in time.
Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...
... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
encounter on the strange journey.
Didn't Telford swap with himself? I remember Camille saying something like "Telford wanted to swap, preferably with himself."
If they swapped bodies with each other, that'd mean that future Telford was in Present Telford and vice versa, and then they both died with Future Rush pushed Present Telford's Body with Future Telford's mind into the explody broken weapon thingy.
Perhaps cause they were expecting it, they kept the Iris open and instructed all allies to NOT dial in during that period. So the only wormhole connecting is from who they are expecting.. the destiny.Interesting points. You would expect that the IRIS on Earth would have been closed until the scheduled Dial In time from Destiny (no radio transmission can go through a 9 chevron wormhole as mentioned so Homeworld Command would have been told when to expect a dial in)
Swapping with yourself might be a convenience thing. That way you look and sound like yourself when you swap to talk with the people on the other side.
And if something happens like the young - Telford Emily swap, you don't have to feel awkward, but feel happy for yourself
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!! They dumped Telford back to Earth? Lol, first he's at Earth, finally gets to Destiny via the Lucian Alliance and then goes back again. I hate this.
"In a few hundred years, someone would meet me and say, is that really the Doctor? How strange. He seemed such a nice old man." - The Fourth Doctor predicts the Curator in Shada.
As I recall, DS9 did pretty much this exact same thing with Chief Miles O'Brien.
So from everybody else's perspective future Telford is Telford and that's probably good enough.Chief... whether you're in the past or in the present, you are Miles O'Brien. The only difference is, you have a few memories the other one didn't have.
From what I gathered, Earth Telford only wanted to switch with current Telford, maybe because
- he learnt that he was the only survivor, except Alt. Rush, that made it to Earth. So he probably in some kind of shock and wouldn't think of anyone else
- also, there must be something going down between him and his Rush, because he cannot trust him enough also to switch with him
Either that or he felt if he went into himself, it might be a way to change things.