Did he plan it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did he plan it?

Did Rush somehow plan that to happen so they would get supplies they needed to continue on with the "MISSION". Anyways I'm really happy to see a show actually go after supplies.
    thelastgreatprophecy.com

I doubt it given the unpredictible nature of solar activity
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

We'll never really know whether or not he sabotaged the dialing sequence, but I'd like to think he did the right thing and tried to help them all get home. I'd like to think...
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

no, i don't think so. how would he know about the solar flare plus i don't think he would kill the crew just for that. though he didn't seem all that surprised to see another destiny...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
          We'll never really know whether or not he sabotaged the dialing sequence, but I'd like to think he did the right thing and tried to help them all get home. I'd like to think...
          Indeed, when past Rush questioned future Rush in the end I began to question if their was some other motive. But the truth could of died with future Rush.

Comment

I seriously doubt Rush could so perfectly plan that. I mean, sabotaging the wormhole so it doesn't connect is one thing. Temporally displacing the entire ship an exact period of time (literally being off by a few hours would have been unacceptable) just to get spare parts? No way.

Comment

do you think the rest of the crew could have come out on another planet due to the worm hole being instable?

Comment

I think i have to say... OF COURSE HE DID! How-ever, Not sure he intended all the crew to die. Rush knew time would slow in the star and that a worm hole being unstable was a risk... So he knew there would be a time that 2 Destiny's would exist for parts to fix the 2nd one.. For the fact Rush2 had to ask Rush1 what really happened just tells you that Rush2 was already thinking of the same plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthonyr1391 View Post
                  do you think the rest of the crew could have come out on another planet due to the worm hole being instable?
                  This is very possible.

Comment

Or they could have traveled to another time period

Comment

Originally posted by Selene1212 View Post
                      This is very possible.
                      I'm not so sure this would be the case with Destiny. In an ordinary Milky Way or Pegasus dial, this might be possible, since all the gates are in such "close" proximity. We've seen several instances of wormholes jumping to another gate in the path of the attempted wormhole due to circumstances when there is some error in the amount of energy fed to the gate. But in the case of Destiny, the amount of energy required to advance the wormhole as close as Pegasus or the Milky Way would have to be incredibly close to the amount of energy needed to get all the way to Earth. (It's the difference between several billion lightyears and several billion and 10 lightyears).

If the wormhole did jump at all (again, unlikely since Destiny does not seem to have followed a completely linear pattern), it would have to jump to another Destiny gate somewhere in the vast space between Earth and Destiny. Without a remote or power source, they would have no way of gating anywhere or communicating. Remember, they literally have only the clothes on their backs, so without food, or weapons with which to acquire food, they wouldn't last long enough to be heard from again.

Comment

Originally posted by ns2 View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        This could play into Common Descent later in the season...

Comment

They could make a cameo on the UK show Primeval lol.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            This could play into Common Descent later in the season...
                            This

Comment

Originally posted by Anthonyr1391 View Post
                              I recently read an article, I believe it was Brad Wright, that said:
                              Spoiler:
                              We WILL see Ginn again because no one ever really dies in SciFi.

The only explanation for this, barring another "Faith planet" scenario, would be alternate timelines, etc...

Comment

Working...
                              X