This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate locations

Im a big SG fan and I got the opportunity of planning a 3 day trip to Vancouver
    I found some of the locations on http://rdanderson.com/ but there there are mostly city locations.

Does anyone know were they shoot those awesome landscapes?

Originally posted by .::atlantean::. View Post
    I found some of the locations on http://rdanderson.com/ but there there are mostly city locations.

Does anyone know where they shoot those awesome landscapes?
    Which awesome landscapes?

Comment

Does anyone know were they shoot those awesome landscapes?
      I'm presuming by awesome landscapes you mean around the area where they filmed SG-1's 'Paradise Lost' and SGU's 'Faith'. I remember thinking how lovely that scenery was when I first saw 'Paradise Lost' and 'A Hundred Days' when I still lived in the UK. Never imagined I'd end up living near there, fate certainly takes you interesting ways sometimes!

Those episodes were filmed in Widgeon Creek off Pitt Lake. It is a nature reserve and difficult to get to on very rough roads. The road access from the Coquitlam side of the Pitt River is gated and you have to get a permit. However, if you can get hold of a canoe you can paddle up Widgeon Creek from the Grant Narrows Park access to Pitt Lake from Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows. You'd have to Drive out to Maple Ridge though, which is about an hours drive from Downtown Vancouver as there isn't very convenient transit out here on the edge of Vancouver.

You can get an idea of the landscape from the park at the southern end of Pitt Lake as it's lovely up there, my favourite chill out place. The area closer to Maple Ridge has 'Bordertown' which was used for 'A Hundred Days' and 'Beast of Burden', that again is unfortunately on private land. You can however walk around the dykes in the area and see Bordertown from a distance and where Jack paddled along in his canoe.

Hope this helps, and you have a great time in Vancouver, you'll love it!

Comment

I was trying to find the places mentioned on Google Earth, and I'm finding the general area of Pitt Lake and surrounding area, but can't find what's called "Bordertown". Google Earth is pretty cool, because you get an aerial view of a place you're looking for, and in many places you get an actual street or ground view of a location. I found my own home and that of some of my relatives; and it was very interesting getting to see those places.

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies, Widgeon Creek and Pitt Lake sound great

Comment

The Nox homeworld and Cimmeria are great landscapes unfortunately i cant find anywhere whats their real location

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              I was trying to find the places mentioned on Google Earth, and I'm finding the general area of Pitt Lake and surrounding area, but can't find what's called "Bordertown". Google Earth is pretty cool, because you get an aerial view of a place you're looking for, and in many places you get an actual street or ground view of a location. I found my own home and that of some of my relatives; and it was very interesting getting to see those places.
              Put 224th Street, 144th Ave, Maple Ridge, BC into Google Earth and follow 144th Ave east. You should see an aerial view of a group of buildings just before a river (where the bridge in A Hundred Days is). Unfortunately there is no street view of Bordertown as the street view ends in a gate and private land sign as Bordertown is on private land and only open when productions happen to be filming there.

Comment

Also guys anyone knows if theres a place in Vancouver or in the USA were i can actually see Stargate props?

Comment

Also guys anyone knows if theres a place in Vancouver or in the USA were i can actually see Stargate props?
                  I don't believe there is. Everything has been auctioned off, and I'm sure that will be the way of things with the SGU stuff now. A friend bought one of Jack's black jackets and a zat for instance last year at an auction at the 'Meet the Man' (RDA) convention.

Unless some of the Stargate props end up in the Science Fiction Museum in Seattle there won't be anywhere else I can think of where you can get to see any now. I'd love it if they got hold of the Stargate itself, they've got the bridge of the TOS Enterprise set!

The only chance I ever got to see props were at the Creation Stargate cons in Vancouver when they had wonderful displays of them, and of course on the set tours. Some props may still turn up at Stargate cons so you might be lucky and see some at those.

So I guess the closest you'll get to Stargate 'props' is to visit locations like this when you are in Vancouver. This is the 'Playground of the Gods' in Burnaby Mountain Park, location for 'Upgrades'. It's worth visiting if the weather is clear when you are here as the view of the city and the mountains with the Burrard Inlet is lovely.

Comment

Just found a new cool location that apperared in Ark of the truth the Whistler/Blackcomb mountain .

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                      Put 224th Street, 144th Ave, Maple Ridge, BC into Google Earth and follow 144th Ave east. You should see an aerial view of a group of buildings just before a river (where the bridge in A Hundred Days is). Unfortunately there is no street view of Bordertown as the street view ends in a gate and private land sign as Bordertown is on private land and only open when productions happen to be filming there.
                      Thanks for the tip. Even if it can only be seen from an aerial view, it's kind of cool getting to see it.

Comment

Just found a new cool location that apperared in Ark of the truth the Whistler/Blackcomb mountain .
                        Take a trip on the Peak to Peak gondola ride! The view is spectacular, as you know from Teal'c wandering for ever on that snowy mountain landscape!

Comment

Working...
                        X