The Mighty Boosh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mighty Boosh

Everyone forgive me if this has been brought up, but I am a big fan of the British sketch comedy show The Mighty Boosh and actually watched all of the episodes of this show before ever watching any Stargate shows. Well, in one of the more popular episodes of The Mighty Boosh, one of the protagonists is kidnapped by a strange monster/humanoid creature that lives under the sea and wears a seaweed skirt. Also, the creature is quite proud of its "Man-gina". The episode and character are so out there that it makes one wonder where the writers could've possibly gathered inspiration. Well, years after I saw this show I watched the episode of SG-1 where Daniel is kidnapped by a strange monster/humanoid creature that lives under the sea and wears a seaweed skirt and a "Chin-gina", if you will. I decided then and there that the Mighty Boosh had at least been subconsciously influenced by Stargate, but when I searched online I found no hits of anyone discussing it. For anyone who hasn't seen the Mighty Boosh clip, here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIIny...eature=related What do you think?

I doubt that Old Greg was inspired by Nem...

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
      I doubt that Old Greg was inspired by Nem...
      Really? C'mon, you don't see it? I don't think they were obviously trying to do an homage or anything, but it seems like that kind of weirdness was probably inspired by some Sci-Fi character and I can't really think of a more likely example.

Comment

I would just like to say with no hard feelings to you guys I cannot stand the mighty boosh, sorry .

Comment

Noel Fielding and Julian Barrett are back, finally !! The Mighty Boosh have just finished an actual studio album, and given the calibre of music from the show, this is going to be brilliant.
          http://www.nme.com/news/the-mighty-boosh/58405

Still no new word on the film though, but in this case, no news is good news, its not not being made ! Any Boosh fans in the house ?
          sigpic
          What a show !

Comment

Very excited for this and the film, Love the Boosh.

Now we wait and see if anyone else on Gateworld is a fan.
            sigpic

Comment

Really ? Anyone else out there ? This is one of the funniest, most out there shows ever !
              How's about a taster ?
              sigpic
              What a show !

Comment

Working...
              X