Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah that wouldnt work, they are all in stasis remember, they would use more power than they would generate...

Comment

Hm, well, that was the last of that. It was a sad end IMO, I wish they'd ended the series with the episode with all their descendants and Camille being 100 or so years old.
      I am intrigued by what Rush and Young said to each other in their secret meeting. They obviously didn't beat each other up again as they weren't covered in blood. Were they plotting against Eli? Did they just have a calm discussion about what to do? That seems unlikely. Or are all the slash fanfic stories true?
      I both loved and hated this show at times, its like a strange event in your life that you're not sure why you got involved in Good drama, well acted, but due to odd decisions by the powers that be, ultimately unsatisfying.
      ~~~I like to see both sides of things~~~

Comment

Originally posted by CarrieAnn View Post
        Hm, well, that was the last of that. It was a sad end IMO, I wish they'd ended the series with the episode with all their descendants and Camille being 100 or so years old.
        I am intrigued by what Rush and Young said to each other in their secret meeting. They obviously didn't beat each other up again as they weren't covered in blood. Were they plotting against Eli? Did they just have a calm discussion about what to do? That seems unlikely. Or are all the slash fanfic stories true?
        I both loved and hated this show at times, its like a strange event in your life that you're not sure why you got involved in Good drama, well acted, but due to odd decisions by the powers that be, ultimately unsatisfying.
        Ok, it has been four years now since the show was canceled mid-series. Perhaps we all can petition the Vancouver based series to conclude this story. Forget the license potential and marketing rights and future sales revenue wait. The longer this Stargate Franchise company waits for the sci-fi tv industry to gain momentum again and sell more air time and commercials and so on, let's just forget that and reach out to the fans. I say we all push for the Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer and associates to present an ending - even if it is just an audio-book episode or mini-book to read. An episode airing with special effects would be fantastic - but does not seem as if this is in the cards. Any other ideas or suggestions to find out how this series was meant to conclude?

Comment

On this website below:
          https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...ght-have-been/

I posted this reply today on 4/11/15:

Mr. Mallozzi,

I and all of the Stargate fans very much appreciate your series-ending comments with the plot ideas and future story layout. Have you or Mr. Wright or Mr. Cooper decided to release any details on Destiny's final mission and outcome? Are there any potential scheduling dates set for outlining a few of these story arc hints or scenarios?

Thank you,
          Scott

We will have to see if enough fan comments begin to start up again and maybe one day we will have an ending and an SGU answer.

Comment

I guess telling us what the final outcome of the mission would have been in whatever other way would be nice, given that realistically SGU will never come back in the form it left us.

Comment

Originally posted by comp734 View Post
              On this website below:
              https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...ght-have-been/

I posted this reply today on 4/11/15:

Mr. Mallozzi,

I and all of the Stargate fans very much appreciate your series-ending comments with the plot ideas and future story layout. Have you or Mr. Wright or Mr. Cooper decided to release any details on Destiny's final mission and outcome? Are there any potential scheduling dates set for outlining a few of these story arc hints or scenarios?

Thank you,
              Scott

We will have to see if enough fan comments begin to start up again and maybe one day we will have an ending and an SGU answer.
              So it sounds like we need to bombard that link with lots of comments!!

Comment

I would like to take an opportunity to thank GateWorld.net for providing an excellent and unique fan forum site for all of us to post comments, talk about our favorite episodes, share script ideas and to be able to rant. It would be very exciting to have a new production set start up again, whether it would be SG, Atlantis, or SGU!

Comment

Bombarding that link with comments would be a waste of time.
                  There's a good idea on there though about Eli intentionally sabotaging his pod though, never thought of that before...

Comment

Bombarding that link won't help. If Malozzi, Binder, Wright and Cooper decide to give us at least a sentence explaining what would happen next and how the series would end, it will probably be in some sort of writing form. That said, that leaves us with a few options:

1. The writers publish a novel containing a shortened version of the remaining 80 episodes worth of storyline. Since the reboot movie got writers already, here's a chance for them to take this opportunity to release the novel either during the production of the movie, after the production of the movie or prior or after its release.
                    2. Joe Malozzi posts a short summary about the planned ending with the permission of the new leadership of MGM and in agreement with the other writers from the TV show (most likely).
                    3. GateWorld interviews the writers of the TV show and with the full consent of MGM, publishes the planned ending exclusively ( (most) likely).
                    4. At a con event (or some other Stargate-related event), the writers come out with MGM's blessing and reveal what was further intended with SGU, SGA and SG-1, thus providing us with a clearer picture of what we could have gotten. This is the best option for giving us an official closure, but it's most unlikely or even just... unlikely.

Until those guys make up their minds about telling us the complete story about what would be up next for the TV franchise, we're just going to have to live with the sped-up-like conclusions we got (Ark, Continuum, Enemy, Gauntlet).

Comment

Loved the ending. This was only my second time watching all of Universe and I must say, it was both fresh and quite different from the other gate shows. So concludes my multi-month re-watch of all things Stargate. Doe not require a sequel or a reboot.

Comment

Why do you feel it does not need a reboot/sequel? Do you NOT wish to find out whether their trip across the vast was successful or not?
                        Do you not want to see if Earth does somehow come up with a plan to reinforce them/resupply them?

Comment

Just finished my SGU re-watch with Gauntlet, and while I feel like it's a strong conclusion, it kills me that we didn't get more to this story (the comics don't count!). I was listening to the audio commentary with Andy Mikita a few days ago, and it surprised me that he wanted to cut the mess hall scene and Young's toast. He thought it was unnecessary. I understand why he wanted it removed, but emotionally I think it's a convincing scene that connected with me. I'm glad it's there, especially since there was no S3. They didn't know while shooting "Gauntlet" that it was gone for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by sci-fi fanatic View Post
                            Just finished my SGU re-watch with Gauntlet, and while I feel like it's a strong conclusion, it kills me that we didn't get more to this story (the comics don't count!). I was listening to the audio commentary with Andy Mikita a few days ago, and it surprised me that he wanted to cut the mess hall scene and Young's toast. He thought it was unnecessary. I understand why he wanted it removed, but emotionally I think it's a convincing scene that connected with me. I'm glad it's there, especially since there was no S3. They didn't know while shooting "Gauntlet" that it was gone for sure.
                            A true shame, SGU was, in my humble opinion, one of the best sci-fi show of all time. I love to rewatch it every year or two but it always kills me that we didn't get an ending to it!
                            Spoiler:
                            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Of course they knew they were cancelled.

Honestly the best possible ending was the Epilogue. It would have been a noble or tragic end, but the whole mission dies or continues the journey, but the viewers would know that they managed to establish Novus, so their sacrifice or shall I say heritage was not lost. They have created a new human civilization galaxies away from Earth, so it would have been a bittersweet ending for this adventure.
                              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I agree about Epilogue. My rewatches end there.

Comment

Working...
                                X