Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or imagine a re-cut, that Eli is alone on the ship then he watches one more time the KINO footage and he sees the school speech as he stands on the observation desk.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      Or imagine a re-cut, that Eli is alone on the ship then he watches one more time the KINO footage and he sees the school speech as he stands on the observation desk.
      Agreed with you & moose that Epilogue should've been the final episode. Still, it wouldn't have been enough to quench my SGU thirst. I am not giving up hope though, we might get an ending if SG ever comes back in form of a movie. Well, that's probably wishful thinking, just like waiting for Half-Life 3 to come out.
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

We could make a Universe continuation flow chart:

1. Who shall survive the mission of Destiny?
        a.) only Eli
        b.) only a few selected characters
        c.) everyone
        d.) none of them

2. Where should it be continued?
        a.) on the board of Destiny
        b.) from a new local location
        c.) on Earth
        d.) something else

3.) How much later should the Destiny be continued?
        a.) 3 years later as it was planned
        b.) 5-10 years later as the real time have passed
        c.) 10-15 years later

4.) How should the Destiny be continued?
        a.) as a direct continuation
        b.) as a flashback adventure
        c.) as part of a combination SG movie
        d.) as part of a new SG spinoff
        e.) refer them as lost / failed / uncontactable

The reason I am asking this, as 7 years have passed since they have started to cross to the other galaxy. Even if we could get a new SG movie, SG spinoff, their fate should be addressed one way or an on other as if they could survive the journey then they would have picked up the communication 3-4 years ago.

1. I could imagine such a scenario, where we could see some SG:U characters on Earth, then we could slowly learn how they were rescued. But it would feel like cheating, like pages are missing from a novel.

2. Or if they can not afford to rebuild the set or to call back all the actors, then some of them could wake up in an alien captivity, like a prison. Maybe the blueberrys (or the Vanirs or the Novus people) have boarded the Destiny, then they took them hostage, then the Destiny left / destroyed / hijacked. This way we could still follow them what happened without using the original Destiny set.

3. Or if we don't want to touch them, then maybe the Destiny hasn't wakened them up after 3 years and they are still sleeping.

etc.
        Last edited by Platschu; 15 October 2018, 11:38 AM.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I wouldn't mind flashback episode, but I would hate a complete season that is backward story-telling. Rebuilding the sets wouldn't be an issue imo and I think David Hewlett bought most of them so they could always save a few bucks here and there I'm sure.

My preference would be:

Eli stores himself in the gate buffer and leaves a funny note on the DHD such as *Press here to dial Eli*

Eli comes out unscathed of the gate

Someone or maybe a few (not a main but sec character, Brody or something) have died during stasis, throw in the actors that don't want to come back, due to a pod malfunction because...

They landed just a tiny-bitty short of their destination which would explain the extra years of drifting and extra time in stasis. The crew appears slightly older due to the pod extending its normal planned operational time.

Plot twist : There is a blue alien stuck in a Stasis pod.

And please, get rid of the drones they were wayyy overpowered, wouldn't want to see those again.

And after that? The plot goes on as planned. I want the original story.
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

The original story was far too complicated. I don't think even Brad Wright knows what he wanted to tell.

My fan fiction idea was that the Ori gained energy from the believers, while Ancients gained energy from the user of technology. When the viral infection happened, then literally their enemies wanted to greatly reduce the number of gate users. Then they have ascended and it hasn't mattered anymore, but some higher lifeforms told them that they can not interfere with the material world anymore. Maybe the Ascension is connected to Cosmic Backgroun Radiation, as those souls are pure energy now. So if the stargate network is like making wormholes in an apple (our galaxy), then you can imagine what the Upper Level Beings would say when these tecnology indicated wormholes starts to infect the whole fruit basket (other galaxies).

Then I envisoned when Atlantis activated the wormhole drive in 5x20, it has caused some "ozone holes" in the CBR. The Ancients were strictly forbidden to be used by the earlier ascended races, but now it looks like Earth is in great danger as this pact was broken. Maybe the Destiny typed ships entered into such galaxies, where the hostile forces were strongly against the building of local stargate network and then that is how my Hub idea would start, what I have shared before.

My other idea was the whole CBR is like part of the Yggdrasil. Like we are living in a giant cosmic bubble and the wrenches of this "tree" covers us in this reality.

The only reason I was worried about these ideas as I don't want any more Ascension or other plane related storyline as you can not write realistic hostile forces around. Honestly I would have written out the Ancients for once and all. I always imagined that there must be other ascended beings on higher levels. So if the Ori were the Fire, the Ancients were the Lights, then maybe something is the Darkness. That could be connected to Anubis (he has been away for 1000 years) or those imprisoned half-ascended beings what we have seen in Atlantis. Maybe they are part of the dark material, which directly influences and guide the flow or the resonance of CBR. If we would follow the Yggdrasil storyline, maybe the Vanirs are responsible why our Local Group would be in danger. Maybe the Asgard Ragnarok was not complete in 10x20 or a time travel would rewrite history.
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yggdrasil

Or the CBR could be connected to the Eden aliens, who could create solar systems and planets.

And don't forget that while our visible universe is expanding thanks to Big Boom, some part of the universe must be shrinking as doing the opposite. Maybe the CBR is an echo from the past how these unimaginable forces works constantly in our galaxy.

Maybe the CBR is connected to an other dimension. You know everything exists in dual version in nature (the D and L version of molecules), which can rotate the light waves to the right or the left direction. So why would nature waste so much time and material on this duality, when half of it hasn't got any biological function? This could be explained by the CBR.

So I don't know how the CBR storyline can be finished off creatively, but it is BW's job, not mine.

Comment

Love these scenarios and Ancients sapping their power from technology is very interesting, never thought about that! That's why you're the writer not me.

I agree that SG has done Ascension to death, but the simple fact the Ancients never boarded Destiny means there is a clear connection to Ascension, wouldn't you agree? At first I thought "well they are ascended so they can go anywhere right? But then I remembered that the ascended beings use the Stargate for travel. That means being ascended doesn't necessarily means you can go where Destiny is headed, therefore all this background radiation thing is most likely directly connected to Ascension.
              Spoiler:

Comment

I am just a pharmacist, not a writer. I like mythology and histroy and geography, I love this franchise , so I am better at brainstorming new ideas with the merging of old plots.

We don't know if the Ancients ever reached the Destiny. According to the comics, they did, but that is not canon.

I agree, Ascension sounded like a cool idea, but then the writers couldn't treat it. They introduced Anubis, then the Ori, then they have got ridden of them with very simple tricks. Then Adria was ascended, but she was also written out with a reused easy solution. Somehow I have felt that our heroes haven't really played a real role in these victories.

We don't know what was the past of the Destiny. Any other races could board it, but then maybe they have given up and left the ship. I always wanted to hear a Vanir (evil Asgard) story, since they have reused their exoskeleton / spacesuit. The ship was already damaged and it closed its command centre for reasons.

Then I imagined that maybe the passanger of Destiny could travel back in time, so they could be the Ancients. But then it would have been a ripoff from Babylon 5 (spoiler?!), then the Ark of Truth and the whole Novus storyline overwritten my idea.

Maybe the Ascension could be directly related to CBR. If the expansion of stargate network(s) reached other galaxies, then maybe an 8 or 9 chevron address dial caused some permanent damage in the CBR. And maybe the ascended beings fills these gaps with their energy, so the float of the universe could be constant and the law of physics don't collapse. Maybe that is our ultimate goal of our existense, that we merge with the universe not just on the physical world, but on the spiritual as well.

Maybe the Great Alliance was also forged to meet with the representative of God like beings who told them what role they must play in the evolution of younger races. But this step would be also a ripoff from Babylon 5.

Maybe the explosion of Asgard was the Ragnarok, but it was not a suicide, rather a Mass Ascension for the Asgard.

We know that the Ori gained power from its followers' faith. But what do we know about the Ancients? It would be a great revelation that they are not that innocent at all. Ancients are technocrats, so they strongly believe in free will and technology. What if the Ancients gain energy by using the stargates? That would be a plot twist that they haven't planted gates everywhere in the galaxy just because they were explorers, but they actively wanted the local minor races to use the gates. There is no logic behind that they would build a network of stargates, but they never ever talk to the local races. So what have they gained with it? Why is it good for them? That could explain it. Imagine the MW like an apple and the more wormholes opens the more they can consume. And who knows? Maybe that is the reason an unknown race attacked them with a biological weapon to wipe them out in the first place what forced them to flee to the Pegasus galaxy.
                https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...galaxy-in-2020

So what I wanted to say, the Ancients were not stupid. Why would they build the stargate network, if they don't let the younger races to use it? Why would the seeder ships plant stargates if nobody can go there or even if they could they haven't got the dialer tablet in hand? So that is the reason I wanted to introduce those "shell" type of ships, which rebuild themselves around stargates and they can travel in the gate memory system. Then you have heard to rest of the story, that the Hub was stolen from Milky Way, our heroes goes after the Destiny as the the Attero device blocks the FTL drive. But then the big twist would be that the blockade enemy race is actually our friends, while some renegade / evil Ancients would return to humanoid form as they gained enough energy from the increased gate activity in Milky Way. So that was the reason the Attero device was activated as they wanted to force everyone to use the stargates to "believe" in them via using their technology.

But back to the Destiny. What I always missed that they haven't let McKay and Carter to join the crew via the communication stones. If somebody could help the mission out, then these heroes.
                Last edited by Platschu; 15 October 2018, 02:30 PM.

Comment

We already know that Lanteans were not perfect and 100% honest with each other, how many of them had secret projects, secret labs, secret outposts? (Before I go to sleep) Were they as unified as we were lead to believe? Who knows, maybe a Lantean faction made an alliance with the Vanirs because they wanted to take things into their own hands and not happy with the whole ''not interference'' thing.

But back to SGU, I would actually prefer not having any factions from SGA or SG1 included, and also, even though I really like McKay, I wouldn't want him nor Carter on board because they would eclipse all the other characters and the show would become Stargate Mckay just like in SGA (don't get me wrong, I loved it).

As for the gates, SGU gates are budget gates and I don't think the Ancients really cared if they would ever visit the planets they left them on. As far as we know, or led to believe, these gates are limited in range and nobody can dial them unless close by.

Then you have heard to rest of the story, that the Hub was stolen from Milky Way, our heroes goes after the Destiny as the the Attero device blocks the FTL drive.
                  It has been established that Destiny uses FTL, which is a totally different beast than Hyperdrives. The Attero device was specifically designed to target Wraith and gates (accidentally), but suffice to say I don't think it would have any effect on Destiny because it's way out there. As far as we know, the only thing that can stop Destiny's FTL ride is a strong gravity pull.

Personally, I don't think any Ancients Ascended Beings ever made it to Destiny. I concluded that from the Chair room scenes, we witnessed an early prototype of consciousness transfer which most likely was a prelude to ascension itself. Some believe the Doc and Amanda ascended, but I am pretty sure they have only been merged with the ship' systems. We also know ascended beings need to travel by gate, which means it must be impossible for them to reach Destiny because of the power requirements.

I think the Tower aliens (Gods) were the first race to ever ascend.
                  Spoiler:

Comment

As I said we don't know what happened and who could visit Destiny. Maybe the original Ancient gorup, who sent the ships after the seed ships have been killed so this "deep space" project was never continued. Maybe they were more busy with the MW gates then with the P gates, so nobody was bothered that the automated seed ships just spreading and spreading the gate network.

My idea was that a "shell" type building could jump after them, so this new ship would have a DHD on it, so that is the reason it could be a perfect tool to try to go after them.

Or my other idea was the supergate-X304 combo, where they send supergate pieces through then the ship follows it through the stargate, then the pieces of the leftover stargate will come after them etc.

My third idea was that what if the Destiny will start the Big Bang with a time travel twist?

Fourth idea was that Destiny could play a role of a bee. So if the local suns are like flowers, this Destiny type of ships not just recharge themselves, but they also changes the suns as well, so they create "life" and they start "evolution" with changing the chemical reactions. And CBR is like a galactic wind which brings this "spores" to different solar systems. The only reason this idea wouldn't work, because then Destiny should have entered such solar systems, where the planets are only formed, but they have visited many planets with complex athmosphere and local evolution.

I was thinking that Ancients wanted to give a communication way for younger races (and themselves) to meet and learn from each other. Somehow I can't imagine that they would build a 9th chevron feature in every stargate (the U, MW and P networks), but then there is only one 9 chevron address in the whole universe. Why would they let anyone to destroy their home planet? It doesn't sound right or logical. So that was the reason I wanted the introduce the Hub which could be centre of a stargate network, like an origo, which can be dialed in every circumstances to rescue people. Maybe the enemy of the Ancients have stolen this hub, maybe a disaster sent the complex planet in a new galaxy, or in transphase. But I could definately imagine such a scenario, where the enemy directly modified the gate protocoll, so the safety and the energy need greatly increased for 8 and 9 chevron addresses. So if they could find the Hub, they could restore the protocoll, then they could much easily to dial the Destiny to rescue them.

For example even the Gadmeer could be asked how many Icarus type of planets are in their catalogue. The automated ship has tested thousands of planets, but what if it came from an other galaxy? Or what if the Hub can call an other other Hub, so this discovery could finish off the Destiny storyline, while they could start a new spinoff with filling up the plotholes.

But it also means they still have to explain what the Destiny crew was doing in the last four years. And it would feel odd that a new team with the combination of SG-1/Atlantis characters put so much effort to rescue them, while the Destiny crew don't do anything on their end. So maybe the hub or an other Destiny (a new set) is stuck somewhere halfway, so they could dial that one then dial home or something. While anything can happen in a scifi and it would be time to use the stargate system on a bigger scale with logic limitations.

Then the new bad guys will not necessarily interact with MW races as they are strongly isolationist, so they just simply closed the FTL windows in subspace and then they believe they can not be found via the stargates either as the protocoll defends them in their own galacxy. Then a new team arrives with this "shell" ship who tries to negotiate with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post

My idea was that a "shell" type building could jump after them, so this new ship would have a DHD on it, so that is the reason it could be a perfect tool to try to go after them.
                      One problem with this, how do you account for the immense voids between galaxies? This vehicle would end at the end of the rope sooner or later. That would also be assuming that we are able to detect Destiny's exact path which probably won't be easy considering the immensity of space, but I could see Carter or McKay figure it out.

Or my other idea was the supergate-X304 combo, where they send supergate pieces through then the ship follows it through the stargate, then the pieces of the leftover stargate will come after them etc.
                      Good idea, but are the Tau'ri technologically advanced enough where they can create black holes on demand to power these? Unless you got an alternative?

My third idea was that what if the Destiny will start the Big Bang with a time travel twist?
                      Wow this, this I really like. It would be a self-fulfilling prophecy of sort, the Ancients having to send that ship to create the Universe in the first place? That would explain why (perhaps) none of them boarded it? But if that's the case, I can't believe that no Lanteans were curious enough to go find out what's there, I sure as hell would.

I could see this idea mixed to fit the Novus story.

Fourth idea was that Destiny could play a role of a bee. So if the local suns are like flowers, this Destiny type of ships not just recharge themselves, but they also changes the suns as well, so they create "life" and they start "evolution" with changing the chemical reactions. And CBR is like a galactic wind which brings this "spores" to different solar systems. The only reason this idea wouldn't work, because then Destiny should have entered such solar systems, where the planets are only formed, but they have visited many planets with complex athmosphere and local evolution.
                      Could be, again canon-wise, we had no indication that Seed ships do anything else but seeding gates on planets. I also wonder how they (form of life) could access the gates since you need the gameboy device to use them. I guess an advanced civilization could jerry-rig something. On the other hand, we know very little as to what they do exactly so anything's possible.

EDIT: Sometimes we forget to take into consideration that the technology level of Destiny predates by a LONG TIME the level of technology we saw in the Ancients in SG1-SGA. Were they advanced enough for that? I would speculate that Destiny predates the Dakara weapon by millennia and I believe such technology did not exist at the time.

Then the new bad guys will not necessarily interact with MW races as they are strongly isolationist, so they just simply closed the FTL windows in subspace and then they believe they can not be found via the stargates either as the protocoll defends them in their own galacxy. Then a new team arrives with this "shell" ship who tries to negotiate with them.
                      The fact the SGU gates don't dial very far makes it that much more secure for the planet's inhabitants. But, the fact that the Ancients are willingly ''wasting'' gates on planets they won't even visit leads me to believe it is for a much more selfish reason. They probably thought at some point they would board Destiny, and when the time came they would need to get supplies and such, and not knowing when that time would come they simply seeded every planets they could.
                      Spoiler:

Comment

If the communication stones could work in real time from 100+ galaxies away, then anything can happen.

I have written down a few ideas here before, but I believe you have seen it:
                        https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...ead-supergates
                        So ex-Ori people would make supergates, the pieces would be sent forward to open a wormhole for the X304, while they would "infect" and map the stargates with an Avenger 3.0 dialing program. This idea could work with the Hub or if they could use the new gate protocols to map the stargates as the Avengers would send back the coordinates of every stargate to the Hub / X304.

We are massively off-topic, but I imagined that this new "shell" ship uses the stargates as drives. So it can detach itself from the gate to fly away, then it would merge back with the back part. Maybe it would have a special new DHD which would "mimicri" the local stargate network, so it can always adapt whereever the shell arrived. The ship would fly within the gate system's memory, then rebuild itself around the stargate in transphase, then turn back to our phase. I know it is slightly similar to the Star Trek : Discovery's spore drive, but it could work creatively. The new "base" would be this ship, while maybe the energy needs would be much smaller to jump between galaxies. What if they could have such high level gate protocols which collect energy from the locally placed stargates, so basically the "dialing effort" would up of the small U-gates to make wormholes into a new galaxy.

Then this whole "shell" could be used to rescue the X304 which was stopped by the Blueberrys/drones, but it could still help them out to reach Destiny. Then they give them a naquadah generator and they can dial back to Earth and the crew of Destiny is saved, the X304 also goes back one by one galaxy. Rush would stay on the board of Destiny as literally that is his Destiny, so he merges with the AI system and he can be forever with Mandy. So something like that.

Teh Big Bang idea just showed up in mind a few weeks ago. I know it is a bit ambitious as we don't know the real powers, realms, planes of our universe. I always imagined it as Destiny would speed up and like a sperm cell it would fly to the centre of the universe to find the "egg", then the Big Bang starts. Maybe the CBR is the echoes of this potential future as it already happened in the future, what is technically our past. Because the closer you go to the centre, you tecnically travel forward in time as they can see the fresher and fresher realistic picture through the CBR. So that is the reason I believe this mission will be finished only by dr. Rush. Maybe it will happen x million years later, but since we get back the CBR, these echoes back his future (past) actions.

The life creating machine of Dakara was destroyed, but if you have readed my evolutionary biology comment, then it could be interesting to base a few storylines on it. How it was used in the past.

Just imagine the situation of the NASA. They are worried to not infect any moons or planets in our solar system. The question is, is it the right decision? Shall we let the life spread and "infect" as many places as we can? Or shall we be isolationist, who could infect these object with the first seeds of life, but we don't do it as a sign of respect of the local evolution? The same philosophical debate should be continued as the Stargate would be a perfect tool for it. Was it a good idea or a bad idea from the Ancients? What role the Destiny could play in spreading of the lost fame of Ancients / Earth? etc. Waht if suddenly the life is destroyed on Earth? What if those little spores are the last survivors of our evolution what was accidentally left on satellites? Like in the Jurassic Park : "Life finds a way". So maybe the nature won't get zebras, rhinos or whales again from bacterials, but the whole process can restart. What if when the Sun will be a red star, then the livable zone of the solar system would be moved from Earth to the Jupiter? Then those microbes could restart the "game". So this 4D thinking what Stargate needs, what could happened, what happens and what will happen. That is the real message of CBR for me.

(Okay it was a bit too deep, but I hope you enjoyed it. )
                        Last edited by Platschu; 16 October 2018, 02:25 PM.

Comment

(Okay it was a bit too deep, but I hope you enjoyed it. )
                          I did no worries, I enjoy philosophy so I'm the worse guy for that kind of stuff lol.

I will just address your last point in regards to seeding life on other planets. I believe life exist in space already and there are scientific proofs to back up that statement. (can't remember which, let me know if you need source I can find it, probably one of the Apollo mission, its one of the declassified Nasa files), the scientists back on Earth were left speechless after they found bacterias on equipment that was brought back from the moon. There was only this one type of bacteria left, that's it. Therefore, they instantly ruled out human contamination because for instance one sneeze of a human contains thousands if not millions of different bacteria. They were 100% sure they brought back an alien life-form or that life on the moon existed. Turns out, some clowns handling the equipment prior to the mission had manipulated objects with their bare hands and one of them actually sneezed, as the camera feed shows. So, that means that the equipment was contaminated BEFORE going to space and what was brought back was the lone bacteria that survived.

Mind you, this bacteria, survived in the void of space when at the time scientists were convinced that nothing could live there. That's proof that certain organism can live in space, and I am convinced life exists probably inside asteroids for the most part, but they can survive on dead planets / satellites (moon) as well.

My point? We put ourselves on pedestal, the Universe doesn't need us to *seed* life, it exists already.
                          Spoiler:

Comment

We don't know too much about the universe. The different radiations, the black matter could lead to different evolution. Maybe there is life under the ice on different moons even in our solar system.

Well our Destiny heroes have visited some planets, so I am pretty sure they contaminated some planets, when they have gone to the toilet in the nature.

What if the study of CBR was the key of the evolution of Stargate? What if the CBR helped them to upgrade the U-gates to P-gates, so they could find a method to increase the range of stargates. Than the next step was the P-gates, while the even next one could be the new X-gates in the 4th series. This way we could understand what the Ancients wanted to achieve and maybe the humans should continue their work or to stop those ones who used their work for wrong reasons.

By the way the the CBR could be studied in the MW or P galaxies as well, so that can help out the crew on Destiny.

They also know the route of Destiny, so theoratically all the planted / visited stargates should be in the logs, so the supergate-X304 combo or my "shell" ships could go after them.

Telford is also at home. So if I would be a leader of SGC or HWS (Home World Security) then I would anaylize all his memories. As he has been there, he could see the gate, some part of the database, the ship. So basically they could "build" a fake-Destiny to find out how they could help them similar what the NASA did in the Apollo13 movie. The Galarans (from Collateral Damage) can analyze memories step by step, so this way Telford could really help a lot at home. Because all the stone visitors could describe the ship by memory, but this way they could even see it and educate the SGC members.

Earlier I had this weird SG:U story idea, that what if Harlan (from Tin-Man) could make new host bodies from DNA samples? Then the tinman version would swap the "original" host, so the soul could be moved home, but would stay forever in a robot body. Would they choose this option if they know they will be young forever but they have to live on Altair in the future? What would happen with the human host body? That could be frozen until they don't find a solution etc.

Comment

Shadowing Destiny's path shouldn't be that hard, as I said Carter or McKay probably would figure it out quick enough. The main issue at hand here is that there is simply no time to go through all the planets Destiny visited. She's been flying for hundreds of thousands of years (or more, it always was ambiguous), we're talking many lifetimes and relativity has to be considered as well; the further you are from a Gravity source the faster time goes. I think it's safe to say that Destiny spent much more time in the voids between galaxies than going through them. It would be interesting to visit these planets, but catching up to the ship is next to impossible, imo, without gating in.

I also always wondered why the SG teams didn't bring heavy artillery with them on missions where they had head-on fights with Jaffas. I guess it's the good ol' ''we don't want to make our SG teams too powerfull''. I recall an early episode where they mounted a 50 cal on a Malp, but we never saw it again.

The Tin Man idea is interesting, but I thought it was established that machines (or replicators) cannot ascend / do not have souls. Pretty sure the crew member would die or become a vegetable, since no consciousness would go back on the ship. That is also assuming that such a procedure is possible via communication stones?

The way I see it in SGU, the only way they could reach the crew would be via ZPM, which won't happen since its the last line of defense of the SGC.

BTW I'm not trying to bring your ideas down, but a stubborn Unas like me likes to take a look at all the angles, and who knows, perhaps it will help you fix potential plot holes in your fics
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Theoratically they know the complete route of the Destiny as it must be kept in the logs. So theoratically they should know all the gate addresses, but since even the planets moved in a few thousand years in the Milky Way so the cartouche was not accurate, then I can imagine that the short distance stargates are far away from each other even more in a millions of years.

I believe they have setup the timescale too high. Our heroes crossed 2-3 galaxies in 2 seasons. Since the Destiny hasn't had a crew for a while, why would it stopped at any stargate before? So it means that the ship could really cross a huge distance since the start. And that is the reason it is unrealistic that the communication stones are still working. They have never examined the communication stones from Atlantis either, because okay, they have destroyed the Avalon one in the SGC, but they could have studied the other one in Atlantis.

Thanks for the help. I don't really write fan fictions as I am not enough talented for such things, I believe. I prefer this "open brainstorming" sessions, so everybody can imagine a story from my plot ideas.

Carter and McKay were busy with the Wraith war then with she is the commander of Hammond, but since the city has gone home and the Destiny mission is in nonstop trouble, I can't see the logic reason why they have never boarded the Destiny to help Rush out with translations. Or even the Atlantis database could have some informations about the 9th chevron and the construction of seeder ships and Destiny type ships etc. So these characters also sit on their on resources and experiences and it seemed a waste that they were not helping each other. Maybe they did offscreen.

Comment

Working...
                                X