Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still don't think so, but maybe I'm just looking at it from the wrong angle. The similarity is supposed to be on the right side of the picture right? The wall with the 'wood' thing around the door?

So look at the Sateda picture. There's another red door right next to the 'wood' door. Now look at the Pittsburgh picture. Where did the white wall between the two doors come from?
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      I still don't think so, but maybe I'm just looking at it from the wrong angle. The similarity is supposed to be on the right side of the picture right? The wall with the 'wood' thing around the door?

So look at the Sateda picture. There's another red door right next to the 'wood' door. Now look at the Pittsburgh picture. Where did the white wall between the two doors come from?
      I edited my post with a comparison picture, but the big "reddish/rusty wall" is on rollers at the top. In the Sateda pic, it's covering the white wall.

And just for fun...
      Spoiler:

It's all about angles and lighting.
      Last edited by Shylodog; 06 May 2011, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Along with that railing on the left side..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          Along with that railing on the left side..
          Removable. It is the same set.

Comment

Eh. Still not buying it. It's close, I'll absolutely give you that. Like I said, it wouldn't surprise me at all if it was shot very nearby to where that Sateda bit was shot. But that episode was nearly five years ago now. Unless it's been in regular use by something else since then, there'd be no reason for a set like that to be still standing. And if, as it seems, that's on-location, there are a few too many significant changes for it to be a simple redress.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Eh. Still not buying it. It's close, I'll absolutely give you that. Like I said, it wouldn't surprise me at all if it was shot very nearby to where that Sateda bit was shot. But that episode was nearly five years ago now. Unless it's been in regular use by something else since then, there'd be no reason for a set like that to be still standing. And if, as it seems, that's on-location, there are a few too many significant changes for it to be a simple redress.
              Dude. Seriously?!? Did you not look at the last screenshot I took with the area behind Ronan's head? Now you're just being obstinant. Universal Studios still has the Clock Tower set for BttF still standing, and that was 26 years ago. Heck, Universal still has the original Psycho house still standing, and that was 51 years ago.

And while I keep calling it a "set", it's actually called a "lot", which means it wouldn't be torn down, just redressed as needed.

Comment

It looks exactly like the same set to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
                  Dude. Seriously?!? Did you not look at the last screenshot I took with the area behind Ronan's head? Now you're just being obstinant. Universal Studios still has the Clock Tower set for BttF still standing, and that was 26 years ago. Heck, Universal still has the original Psycho house still standing, and that was 51 years ago.

And while I keep calling it a "set", it's actually called a "lot", which means it wouldn't be torn down, just redressed as needed.
                  I looked at your screenie behind Ronon's head. I don't even know what it's supposed to be, much less compare

I'm not being obstinate here, I just don't see it. As I said: similarities? Certainly! But solid proof they're the same? Heck no! Did they just destroy the level concrete part in front of the 'wood' door? That'd be a hell of a lot of work for a redress! Did they brick in the two windows above the garage door and replace them with one single window in the middle? The garage door appears to be both sunken into the building structure and at the bottom of a decline in Sateda, where in Pittsburgh it's flush with the building and on level ground!

I'm sorry, I just don't see it.

And as to those movies--those are iconic movies. Much as I like Stargate, it's just a TV show with a niche audience. Hardly the same thing as cinematic classics like Psycho and BTTF.

Comment

Here you go, it's small enough that I don't have to hide it, methinks:

It's a sign, affixed to the backside of the building behind Ronan. It's in the EXACT same location on the building on Terminus. Everything else you've mentioned is fascades. They are movable and can cover recessed areas.

Comment

Look at the full-size pictures that Lahela posted. Those aren't at the exact same spot at all, and don't even look alike. The Sateda picture shows a building in the background (which by the way, isn't there in the Terminus shot) and the oval shape's wall mount showing daylight shining through from behind. The sign on Terminus has its oval shape built right into the structure of the sign itself.

Comment

Look at the full-size pictures that Lahela posted. Those aren't at the exact same spot at all, and don't even look alike. The Sateda picture shows a building in the background (which by the way, isn't there in the Terminus shot) and the oval shape's wall mount showing daylight shining through from behind. The sign on Terminus has its oval shape built right into the structure of the sign itself.
                        OMG. You're hopeless. Seriously. First off, you assume that ANY of that is actual wood/concrete/steel and it cannot be moved or removed. I've shown you specifically where the rusted "door" portion of the set could be moved, and I've taken the time to litereally show you the exact same sign that is affixed in the exact same spot on the building and you're still denying it. You're either a troll, or you really don't get it. I'll go with you not getting it, but it cannot be any more obvious.

Initially, I just wanted to me helpful and explain. Then I started getting my boxers in a twist putting more time and effort into the explaination. Now, I realize you just don't get it, nor do you want to. It's all cool.

Chess/Checkers.... yet again.

Comment

Eh mate, you're the one making the assertion here, not me. Don't get your shorts in a wad because I don't believe it, and point out flaws in the idea. Especially when you're the one who's taking it upon yourself to keep moving the goalposts and claim that every difference can be explained.

I don't believe it, you do. Until someone in authority says so or we see a video on set, may as well just leave it at that.

Comment

I don't believe it, you do. Until someone in authority says so or we see a video on set, may as well just leave it at that.
                            Which is exactly what I'm doing.

Comment

I've asked Joe Mallozzi on his blog, so with a bit of luck we'll get a definitive answer.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                                I've asked Joe Mallozzi on his blog, so with a bit of luck we'll get a definitive answer.
                                I sent an email to a location company in Vancouver before I realized nothing short of a mention in the commentary track of the DVD would do for Digi.

Initially it felt like telling some one a bee sting hurts, and they were just denying it until a doctor comes and tells them so. Sometimes some folks refuse to believe what others tell them, even if it's as plain as the nose on their face. I just gave up and will agree that he just doesn't get it.

Comment

Working...
                                X