This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
    I agree...even current EVA suits have a protective visor.
    Would they be able to handle this though?

Comment

Very SG1-like episode. Loved the mid-twentieth century look of the city and the phonetic english spelling.

Did anyone else think this was going to be a zombie episode?
      sigpic

Comment

It shows that they are still not fully familiar with the ship and the suits. If there is a visor on the suit, they simply haven't found the right button for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Beastking50 View Post
          So is destiny back to 100 percent full power? If she is, then she can stay in FTL for much longer or if she fights all the fire power will be maxed out. Remember they only recharged to 40 percent but Lt. Said they got a full tank of.gas...
          Nope/. we can only recharge up to 40% of max.. but we were at the time, down to 40% of that level which would be 16% of max.

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
            It shows that they are still not fully familiar with the ship and the suits. If there is a visor on the suit, they simply haven't found the right button for it.
            if the had visors I'm pretty sure she would have found them cause she said she was the expert on the suit

The blindness was also caused by the explosion at that time she was holding on to the bags so she might not have had the time to turn it on

Comment

Originally posted by ns2 View Post
              if the had visors I'm pretty sure she would have found them cause she said she was the expert on the suit

The blindness was also caused by the explosion at that time she was holding on to the bags so she might not have had the time to turn it on
              I don't remember any explosion on the ship, just the glass breaking

Comment

I think ns2 was referring to the explosive decompression of the dome.

Comment

This was a very good episode. Good story, and visually stunning at times. It really sucks knowing that we only have one episode left now.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I thought this was the worst episode in quite a while. Just dropping off all those descendants off screen and barely mentioning them was unforgivable. The stuff on the planet was kind of pointless, and the stuff in the botanics bay was pretty scientifically inaccurate. I hope the finale is better than this.

Comment

Originally posted by BadOnion View Post
                      Just dropping off all those descendants off screen and barely mentioning them was unforgivable.
                      It's crappy, but it's par for the course for the Stargate franchise. The content of the two parter wasn't part of overall story arc, it was just a longer standalone episode.
                      Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

Originally posted by ZoSo View Post
                        Yeah, not exactly thrilled that the Novus refugee storyline just kinda vanished.
                        I agree!

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        This was a very good episode. Good story, and visually stunning at times. It really sucks knowing that we only have one episode left now.
                        What are we to do??!@# I'm pissed off at the thought..! Fair enough SG-1 finished, SGA still had potential...and now SGU >

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                          Fantastic ep, but definitely in need of a retwatch.
                          My biggest SG-squee came when the kino flew through the gate to... Sateda!

Not seeing it
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            Not seeing it
                            It's the same set, different angles. It was also used in the TV show "Sliders".

Comment

Doesn't look like it to me. I can see the obvious architectural similarities, so it was probably shot in the same neighbourhood, maybe even the same block. But they don't look like they're the exact same place.
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                                Doesn't look like it to me. I can see the obvious architectural similarities, so it was probably shot in the same neighbourhood, maybe even the same block. But they don't look like they're the exact same place.
                                They are. But it's ok if you don't see it. That's the magic of TV for ya!

Here's a comparison w/ some hints:
                                Spoiler:
                                Last edited by Shylodog; 06 May 2011, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X